Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Recall on '03 & '04 Cobras

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Recall on '03 & '04 Cobras
69grandecj
¯
Member # 5794

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 69grandecj  Ford pictures for 69grandecj  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/article.asp?Feed=AP&Date=20060411&ID=5636653&Symbol=US:F

--------------------
1969 Lime Gold Grande 428CJ 1 of 37
1969 Indian Fire SportsRoof
1989 Black GT Convertible 22k miles
2006 F-250 PSD Lariat CC

Chris83179
¯
Member # 6017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris83179  Ford pictures for Chris83179    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"Ford said in a letter to NHTSA that the rear surface of the pedal could interfere with the carpeting during heavy throttling and make it difficult for the pedal to return to an idle position."

If I had an 03/04 Cobra, I think my foot would be to blame for the gas pedal not returning to an idle position [Razz]

How come only cobras? isn't the pedal assembly and carpet all the same?

--------------------
13 Focus ST
01 Bullitt - Sold

Posts: 558 | From: Bay Area & Sac | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MY MOMS OLD EXPLORER DID THAT IT WAS A 93 AND NOT A COBRA BUT I DOUBT ITS JUST THOSE I HAVENT HAD A PROB W THE STANG OR EXPEDETION BUT THEY SHOULD JUST RECALL ALL OR LET U TAKE IT TO GET FIXED IF PROBLEM OCCURS [patriot]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just modify the carpet.
klonoa
¯
Member # 1771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for klonoa  Ford pictures for klonoa    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, i've heard about that happening. That would be some scary shiet.

--------------------
2003 Mustang Cobra - 454 rwhp - 470rwtq
Ex. 2001 vortech'ed v6.

Posts: 938 | From: Richmond, Cali. | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That is exactly what happened to me while racing someone in my Cobra
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea heard about that awhile back on svtperformance. im sure the fix is something simple you can do yourself. id rather not fuss with dealerships if i had an

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chris83179:
"Ford said in a letter to NHTSA that the rear surface of the pedal could interfere with the carpeting during heavy throttling and make it difficult for the pedal to return to an idle position."

If I had an 03/04 Cobra, I think my foot would be to blame for the gas pedal not returning to an idle position [Razz]

Ford spokeswoman Kristen Kinley said the automaker's investigation only found the issue in the Cobras because the high-performance model has a different pedal configuration than the other Mustang versions.

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Chris83179
¯
Member # 6017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris83179  Ford pictures for Chris83179    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
quote:
Originally posted by Chris83179:

Ford spokeswoman Kristen Kinley said the automaker's investigation only found the issue in the Cobras because the high-performance model has a different pedal configuration than the other Mustang versions.
guess i shoulda read all the way through [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
13 Focus ST
01 Bullitt - Sold

Posts: 558 | From: Bay Area & Sac | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Sandman 925
¯
Member # 5281

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sandman 925  Ford pictures for Sandman 925    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol, yeah i remember reading this, what a year ago on SVTPerformance. Mine's never gave me the slightest trouble so i wasn't really worried about it.
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ahhh. It doesn't matter when you have no carpet in the car. [Wink]

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com