Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Ford's SVT Team Dead ????

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Ford's SVT Team Dead ????
Full_Blown_Cobra
¯
Member # 6548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Full_Blown_Cobra  Ford pictures for Full_Blown_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ford SVT Team is gone either moved to another part of company are gone. There will be no more production on any SVT products after the 2007 Shelby cobra. This was on ESPN2 just a few mins ago. Said that the SVT Cobra and Lighting will be worth more now !!!!

--------------------
Theres notthing like being blown!!

8HATCH8
¯
Member # 6322

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8HATCH8  Ford pictures for 8HATCH8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
heard that to but we all know how that goes, they'll be back again
Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just saw that to. Did I hear they are part of SRT now?

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 1 of 1002 deep forest green GTS's made. Bone stock.

1990 Coupe 347 NX E85 Nitrous kit

Posts: 712 | From: Dayton, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
old news as of 4-01-06 they were dismatled.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SVT disbanded April 1st and it's my understanding that future SVT vehicles will be engineered by the regular design teams. If you think about it, it's probably how it should always have been. It doesn't take an engineering genius to add horsepower, brakes, springs and a body kit to a production vehicle. Hopefully that will speed up SVT products to market as they will be designed along with the base models and not as an after thought. Can always hope, anyways

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh well we are all are own svt when you think about it [Big Grin]

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
bookoo
¯
Member # 6304

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bookoo  Ford pictures for bookoo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
everybody is goin to go and buy somthin SVT now before it goes up. maybe the svt people think that ford is going to fall off the market with all the upcoming specialty mopar vehicles.

--------------------
50Reasons:member
prev name "hoppin50"
"Yeah whatever"

92 notch 89 & 93 vert
03 explorer 95 silverado
95 cbr 900 RR (2) 63 cadi's
93 blazer

Posts: 131 | From: sac town/n. highlands | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
DRIVINFST
¯
Member # 2430

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DRIVINFST  Ford pictures for DRIVINFST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad I have my SVT. Any offers? [Big Grin]
Posts: 555 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.fordmuscle.com/blog/more-on-the-fate-of-svt/11280

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie351:
SVT disbanded April 1st and it's my understanding that future SVT vehicles will be engineered by the regular design teams. If you think about it, it's probably how it should always have been. It doesn't take an engineering genius to add horsepower, brakes, springs and a body kit to a production vehicle. Hopefully that will speed up SVT products to market as they will be designed along with the base models and not as an after thought. Can always hope, anyways

It already been done like that. And IMO it's the worst way to do it because you don't have a dedicated group of enthusiasts designing the car. When you have the "special" cars designed by the same people who design the regular ones, you get these high performance cars. [Roll Eyes]

-
 -
 -

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Eagle347:

SRT is a dodge brand, unless ford bought them out [Razz]

My reading of the various news articles was that they were basically absorbed into the Ford collective... We will see what the future holds tho!

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
quote:

My reading of the various news articles was that they were basically absorbed into the Ford collective... We will see what the future holds tho!

I know, I thought I heard them say something about the SVT people moving over to SRT. You know, like how Shelby was part of the Viper? Thats why the first GTS was blue with white stripes, just like the AC cobra. [Razz]

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 1 of 1002 deep forest green GTS's made. Bone stock.

1990 Coupe 347 NX E85 Nitrous kit

Posts: 712 | From: Dayton, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
quote:

I know, I thought I heard them say something about the SVT people moving over to SRT. You know, like how Shelby was part of the Viper? Thats why the first GTS was blue with white stripes, just like the AC cobra. [Razz]
lol [Razz]
Who knows? Maybe next Dodge will pay Shebly to put his name on a SRT model [Razz]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie351:

It already been done like that. And IMO it's the worst way to do it because you don't have a dedicated group of enthusiasts designing the car.

You're forgetting it's a business and it obviously wasn't profitable for Ford to have a dedicated team to engineer these cars. I don't know how SRT does it, but Ford should take a good look at how they do things.

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com