Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Is this true...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this true...
Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yames  Ford pictures for Yames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you are making payments on a car and decide to stop that you can bring the car back at the dealership and hand over the keys and tell them that you don't want to make the payments anymore and they'll just take it back no questions asked? Is it true? Just curious. Also will this lower your credit score?

--------------------
2003 Mach 1 (Good Bye For Now)
1993 Cadillac STS 4.6L V8 (Sold)
1994 Toyota Tercel

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no, there is no cool off period in the state of ca.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why would u take it back to the dealer???? its not there car anymore its the banks..ya know where you got the money from to buy the car....are you kidding me about lowering your credit score?????
Stevo
¯
Member # 972

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo  Ford pictures for Stevo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes, you can. But, you are going to see a repo on your credit score.
Posts: 1072 | From: Conroe, TX | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Stevo:
Yes, you can. But, you are going to see a repo on your credit score.

the dealer has nothing to do with that car anymore..they were paid off in full when the bank gave you that loan....dropping it off at the dealer would be the same as dropping it off at a gas station...no payment..bad credit
dynoguy
¯
Member # 6457

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dynoguy  Ford pictures for dynoguy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's called a volumtary surrender. You give the car to the finance company and they auction the car off. You are responsible for any amount of the note that is not covered by the auction. This will stay on your credit report for 7 years i think.
Not your best option.

--------------------
Chris
BRG Racing/Dyno
(925)680-2560
chris@brgracing.com
www.brgracing.com

modular
¯
Member # 6599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modular  Ford pictures for modular    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is a cooling period in Cali now. Been so for about a year. There is no difference on your score if you say it was voluntary or a flat repo. Think about the logic every single person would say it was voluntary. I suggest really good insurance and put the car up for sale in the ghetto leave it there for a few days and pray.

--------------------
I had no idea that so many people knew everything until I joined this site.
I was prolly drunk. Get over it
***BEWARE*** COP CALLERS! Eljefe-Adower!

Posts: 548 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :
Norcalbmxer
¯
Member # 235

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norcalbmxer  Ford pictures for Norcalbmxer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by modular:
There is a cooling period in Cali now. Been so for about a year. There is no difference on your score if you say it was voluntary or a flat repo. Think about the logic every single person would say it was voluntary. I suggest really good insurance and put the car up for sale in the ghetto leave it there for a few days and pray.

Mr smart guy....putting your car up for sale and then having it stolen sends up a big red flag for the insurance companies....

--------------------
T-tops suck!
Coming Soon - "The baddest BITCH on 4 wheels!!!"
WTB 95+ Gt spindles/Brakes,
"Smoke' Em"

Posts: 952 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yames  Ford pictures for Yames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah I was just wondering because someone mentioned it to me the other day, I have no plans on getting rid of my car. I actually plan on having it paid off by the end of the summer, thanks for the response.

--------------------
2003 Mach 1 (Good Bye For Now)
1993 Cadillac STS 4.6L V8 (Sold)
1994 Toyota Tercel

modular
¯
Member # 6599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modular  Ford pictures for modular    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Norcalbmxer:
quote:
Originally posted by modular:

Mr smart guy....putting your car up for sale and then having it stolen sends up a big red flag for the insurance companies....
Show me where I said "have it stolen"? Before you try to act cool you need to know what your talking about. I said "pray". I think people who do insurance jobs are STUPID! Risking lots of prison time for a few thousand dollars.

Also when you return a car there is quite a bit of money youre responsible for. Its not a full refund infact nobody really ever does it because its a lot of $ to return a car.

[ April 07, 2006, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: modular ]

--------------------
I had no idea that so many people knew everything until I joined this site.
I was prolly drunk. Get over it
***BEWARE*** COP CALLERS! Eljefe-Adower!

Posts: 548 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com