Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 3 of my friends got jumped in SF, need advice.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 3 of my friends got jumped in SF, need advice.
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got the word that 3 of my good friends got jumped leaving a club in SF over the weekend.

They were walking to their car about to leave when three guys came out and jumped on my biggest friend (225+ lbs) and started wailing on him.

My other friend got his two teeth knocked out and his phone stolen and the whopping $4 in his wallet taken, the other got a black eye and his phone and wallet stolen. The biggest guy had to go the ER.

I'm not going after them and I'm leaving race out of this to not start any drama.

So I'm asking whats good to carry in the city. Obviously a >3" knife and extending baton is a felony to carry, so what are my options? Tazer gun, brass knuckles?

[Confused] What isn't considered a concealed weapon and is an effective weapon?

Hele On
¯
Member # 4107

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hele On  Ford pictures for Hele On    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pepper Spray. Taser, baton , knife will get you into trouble. Unfortunately, when you're out late clubbing or doing whatever in the city it's best to be aware of your surroundings... sucks, I know but it beats being jumped unprepared. Where in the city was this at anyway? What club?
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sorry to hear that...me and my cousin got in some shit similar to that about a year ago on 6th street in San Francisco....but it was basically 2 of us and like 13 of them [Mad] we still stood right up after those pussies ran off [Mad]

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so they just beat them up for money or was it something that happened in the club?
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can carry a knife aslong as the blade is no bigger then your palm, it has a pocket clip and is on the clip(so to not be concealed) and it is a folder.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What club was this at? Brass knuckles are not legal for sure. Also, most clubs search you b/f you go in so I doubt you will be able to take any weapons in with you anyway.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
510 mob shit
¯
Member # 2117

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510 mob shit  Ford pictures for 510 mob shit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go to home depot and buy a knife... its basically a box cutter with a knife handle..that will do some damage for sure.there made by sheffield [patriot]

--------------------
FHFC

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by archersgt:
You can carry a knife aslong as the blade is no bigger then your palm, it has a pocket clip and is on the clip(so to not be concealed) and it is a folder.

I believe that isn't true. That would mean people with big ass hands can carry longer blades than people with smaller hands. It would be kind of unfair wouldn't it?

http://www.equalccw.com/knifelaw.html#SECTION%20ONE

The link stated above anything >2" is cause for anything from a misdemeanor to a felony depending on the situation.

This was in around Club Diesel (Jerrold st.). From what they have said 3 dudes all wearing hoodies ran up on them while they were walking towards their car. It was dark obviously so they couldn't get any faces.

And these dudes didn't start the beef. They simply went to the club, saw it wasn't cracking and were heading to another club. So basically they got jacked.

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
quote:
Originally posted by archersgt:

I believe that isn't true. That would mean people with big ass hands can carry longer blades than people with smaller hands. It would be kind of unfair wouldn't it?

http://www.equalccw.com/knifelaw.html#SECTION%20ONE

The link stated above anything >2" is cause for anything from a misdemeanor to a felony depending on the situation.

This was in around Club Diesel (Jerrold st.). From what they have said 3 dudes all wearing hoodies ran up on them while they were walking towards their car. It was dark obviously so they couldn't get any faces.

And these dudes didn't start the beef. They simply went to the club, saw it wasn't cracking and were heading to another club. So basically they got jacked.

Well, I have been searched before with a spring assisted kershaw that has a 3.5 inch blade on my pocket. They gave it back to me and I asked if it was legal and they said yes. Maybe its different in sf or something.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
State law states that the cutting edge (Not the serrated part) can be only 3 1/4 inches no bigger. Palm has nothing to do with it other than most peoples palms are close to 3-3.5 inches.

Eric

Posts: 2139 | From: SF/DALY CITY/MILLBRAE | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 510 mob shit:
go to home depot and buy a knife... its basically a box cutter with a knife handle..that will do some damage for sure.there made by sheffield [patriot]

Ya they are like $12. I have one of them, real nice. If you want it to be fun, Lenox* makes a hardened blade for it that has a Titanium finish coating on it. They don't flex and brake as easy as regualar blades do. [Wink]

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
jadesville
¯
Member # 5885

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jadesville  Ford pictures for jadesville  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
1968 Hardtop Coupe

Posts: 229 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

quote:
Originally posted by jadesville:
 -

[worship]

--------------------
86' LX Vert

BlkZ28Kreepn
¯
Member # 6333

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlkZ28Kreepn  Ford pictures for BlkZ28Kreepn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A pen....Stab the fucker in the eye..i use to have brass knuckles those would fuck someone up..but i rather go alone, i'm more scared with a knife,brass knuckles,bat, whatever... then not having it at all.
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
club diesel,, yea that club is GHETTO, and that part of town is shady too,, i use the keys technique between my fingers in a fist.

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
truthseeker
¯
Member # 4636

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for truthseeker  Ford pictures for truthseeker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I carry bear repellant in my car for situations like that, I figure if it can stop a bear from messing with you it will deter just about any human from messing with you. Basically it is pepper spray that is stronger than what is used on humans and it can spray up to 15-20ft. I feel sorry for anyone who gets blasted by it! hehe

--------------------
1998 SVT Cobra Convertible | VT Cobra Billet Shortblock | T56 Tranny with Viper 5th and 6th | #3425 of 3480 | 17x9 + 17x11 CCW Classic's | 4.10 gears

Posts: 226 | From: Elk Grove, CA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  :
truthseeker
¯
Member # 4636

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for truthseeker  Ford pictures for truthseeker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
double post please delete

[ March 23, 2006, 02:40 AM: Message edited by: truthseeker ]

--------------------
1998 SVT Cobra Convertible | VT Cobra Billet Shortblock | T56 Tranny with Viper 5th and 6th | #3425 of 3480 | 17x9 + 17x11 CCW Classic's | 4.10 gears

Posts: 226 | From: Elk Grove, CA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  :
00SLVRGT
¯
Member # 4509

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00SLVRGT  Ford pictures for 00SLVRGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get a surefire flashlight there bright enough to blind an attacker and this one has edges to hit someone with http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/1132/sesent/00

--------------------
2000 GT Silver... SOLD
94 Cobra... SOLD
02 Foush, work in progress

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn it still goes down in frisco where is this club i lived in frisco for 15 years and saw and been in volved in alot of shit kinda thought alot of that would be over by now but guess not hope your boys are ok and stay away from that club

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 00SLVRGT:
get a surefire flashlight there bright enough to blind an attacker and this one has edges to hit someone with http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/1132/sesent/00

thats HELLA expensive for a flashlighT [Eek!]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
LuvMy04GT
¯
Member # 4791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuvMy04GT  Ford pictures for LuvMy04GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is why I never go out with my girlfriend alone, I always go out with at least 4 other friends. Hope your friends are alright.

--------------------
who

Posts: 369 | From: Milpitas, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Same thing almost happened to me and my buddies. We were comming from a club and one of my buddies is puerto rican/hispanic. He was wearing a blue tony the sniper shirt and some Jordans. Anyways, we hit the corner and there are like 6-8 guys wearing all red. They all had X4 tatted on them. They tried to get into it with my buddy that was wearing blue. We was like we dont bang and they didnt really do nothing. Thats one time I look back and think it coulda got ugly.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com