Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » got a nice ticket, any advice

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: got a nice ticket, any advice
Mel Gibson
¯
Member # 6385

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mel Gibson  Ford pictures for Mel Gibson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so i need some help.. has anyone here ever got a Speed contest ticket? i got one on fri night, only catch is that the dumb as cop wrote down the wrong color of the car.. i am going to fight it and say i was not racing, but two others were, and i just happend to be at the wrong place at the wrong time..
any advice?

5150Z28
¯
Member # 232

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5150Z28  Ford pictures for 5150Z28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why you calling the cop a dumb-ass for giving you a ticket for what you did? You got caught and your going to have to face the music. The cop is just doing his job. A Speed contest ticket is no joke, thats why you take it to the track.

--------------------
2007 Silver Toyota Tacoma DC PreRunner TRD Off Road
1998 Camaro Z28 - SOLD

Posts: 100 | From: Hilmar, Ca | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mel Gibson:
so i need some help.. has anyone here ever got a Speed contest ticket? i got one on fri night, only catch is that the dumb as cop wrote down the wrong color of the car.. i am going to fight it and say i was not racing, but two others were, and i just happend to be at the wrong place at the wrong time..
any advice?

And you really think because he wrote the wrong color down that you'll get off? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
maybe he'll get off because he's mel gibson

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you want advice? dont race on the street.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Hungry Hippo:
maybe he'll get off because he's mel gibson

LMAO [worship]

Either that or Murtock will probably write it off for him.

-

[ March 20, 2006, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
quote:
Originally posted by Mel Gibson:
any advice?

And you really think because he wrote the wrong color down that you'll get off? [Roll Eyes]
[patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blind:
you want advice? dont race on the street.

[patriot]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow street racing is bad, but damn lets bash the guy??? Ill step out on a limb and offer advice and say take traffic school if u can. I fought a ticket due to wrong color ( i was on the highway though) but i still lost when i admitted doing 70 WITH traffic(ticket was for 95+) , which was my fault. If he doesnt have it on tape u could in theory fight "Mistaken idenity" and possibly get away with it.
Find out what happens if u lose (ie: one point, 2 points etc) and see if u can do traffic school. Then figure out if its worth fighting [patriot]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The way I look at it. Might as well fight it even if its your fault. Worst that can happen,...you lose. Same result as if you don't fight it so fuck it. Maybe you'll get lucky, I doubt it though.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
The way I look at it. Might as well fight it even if its your fault. Worst that can happen,...you lose. Same result as if you don't fight it so fuck it. Maybe you'll get lucky, I doubt it though.

[patriot] +1
were you really racing? I got an exhibition of speed ticket quite sometime ago. I fought it and won. And I really wasnt exhibiting nothing.

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's very rare that the judge will give you traffic school for a 2 point offense.

My advice:
If it is your first ticket ever or first ticket in like 5 years, apologize, show the judge you regret what you did, and make him believe you know how bad you messed up. Ask if there is anything that can be done to reduce it.

If you have prior tickets, there is no advice. You are Focked. Two points, stiff penalty, insurance will spike, and you may get your lisc suspended depending on your past driving record.

I got one in 1997 and have not gotten one since.

That was my first and only ticket.
It was reduced to 1 point and $160 fine. He did not allow traffic school.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try ticket assasin and if You have enough money You should at least talk to a lawyer. If You are convicted whenever the police run Your licence plate they will probably pull You over for just about anything! [Eek!]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com