Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Am i lucky or do shriffs not write tickets?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Am i lucky or do shriffs not write tickets?
SONIC LX
¯
Member # 5850

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SONIC LX  Ford pictures for SONIC LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
silver lx finished my 4 cyl notch conversion yesterday and i must say hats off to his work [worship] it friggen rips for what is done. so last night i was testing it out with mylittle bro in the car and i passed a car over a double yellow going about 90. immediatley i was getting pulled over by hidden sheriff. he did the whole deal ran all my info, then told me slow down [Eek!] . iwas amazed i never get let off. i guess i should have learned my lesson but my dumb ass goes out railing the shit out of my car again going a good 80 right by another sheriff tonight. same story as my buddy mike was laughing the whole time in the passenger seat. ive never been let off before. ive gotten a 70 in a 65 by a chp before even. why no ticket these times? are shriffs cool or do they just not write tickets? either way im friggen stocked. maybe its time to slow down [Big Grin]

--------------------
87 LX ex 4cyl now TFS H/C/I
79 Pace car 5.0/C4 5 lug

Posts: 349 | From: Healdsburg | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
N0SL050
¯
Member # 2719

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N0SL050  Ford pictures for N0SL050    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have been let off a few times by a Deputy.. They can for sure give you a ticket for anything under the sun, just like any other cop.. Usually they leave the ticket giving to chp or city police but it doesn't mean that they won't do it.

--------------------
Kustom Auto Detailing

Posts: 460 | From: Martinez ,Ca | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
SONIC LX
¯
Member # 5850

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SONIC LX  Ford pictures for SONIC LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im glad they are cool about it! i thought i was fucked both times.

--------------------
87 LX ex 4cyl now TFS H/C/I
79 Pace car 5.0/C4 5 lug

Posts: 349 | From: Healdsburg | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes your lucky sheriff's write tickets. I remember one time we were on the freeway doing about 75 and white mustang comes flying up in my rear view. We pulled him over my partner just gave him a stern lecture. We were in an unmarked so it was unexpected to him.

[ March 20, 2006, 04:44 AM: Message edited by: slidewayz94 ]

DennisG
¯
Member # 163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DennisG  Ford pictures for DennisG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just remember this when the "Cops are dicks" thread pops up again.

--------------------
Chrysler 2006 300C 6.1 SRT8
Stock with 1400 miles -13.2 @ 108.5

Posts: 387 | From: Manteca, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"I didnt know I couldn't do that officer"

Chip - Dave Chapelle Show

But yea sheriffs give lots of tickets out here. ANd I heard they are linked into the big computer like CHP officers.

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think when the cops run your name they realize how FUCKED you already are, and dont bother to make it any worse for you [burnout]

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think its a sign that you need to slow down and stop driving crazy.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think brandon is right. i used to get a lot of warnings before my accident (back when i used to drive all stupid) becuase cops told me they did not want to mess up my record... guess it goes the other way around. some might be nice enough to not give you a ticket if they know you really would damage your driving record/life and just let you go hoping you will learn your lesson.
Good luck and slow down.
[patriot]

--------------------
=(

SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had an experience with the sheriff once. I was only 19, so I was still not legal to drink. I was driving from my buddy's house about 2 miles away from where I needed to go. We were drinking all night, but I had to take my girl home. So on the way to her house, I made sure that I drove extra careful. ( I know it was dumb for me to even get behind the wheel, but i was young and stupid) Anyway, I made sure I was going REALLY slow and straight. My girl wanted to go to the ATM real quick, so I pulled into the bank's parking lot. I noticed that there was a cop right behind me, but i wasnt doing anything wrong. But once I pulled into the parking lot, he turned on his lights and blocked my car in. I was scared shitless! I was assuming that i'd be totally fucked for a DUI and being under age. But the crazy thing was that he didnt even come up to the window to look at me. He walked right behind my trunk and kinda yelled, "its cool buddy. We thought your tags were expired." then he drove off.

I know they may have been trying to fuck with me, but whatever it was, I really got lucky! I never, ever drive after more than 2 beers now. I cant risk that anymore.

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

Migs
¯
Member # 5439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Migs  Ford pictures for Migs  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by silverLX:
I think when the cops run your name they realize how FUCKED you already are, and dont bother to make it any worse for you [burnout]

[worship]

--------------------
R.I.P SilverLX! You are missed bro.

Posts: 348 | From: Healdsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought I was walkin home for sure. [Big Grin]

--------------------
86' LX Vert

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He might of beem at the end of His shift or just bogged down with paper work. If You are smart You will slow down or at least try to pick Your spot's to get on it. Oh yeah and make regular trip's to the drag strip to release some of Your car's extra energy. [burnout]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just got pulled over last week on my 00gt and i was not even driving stupid shit i was with my dad, well the officer try to make me mad by saying stupid shit like i dont want u driving this car on the streets anymore [Roll Eyes] . The key is always give them respect cause if u dont then u will end up with shit load of tickets, well i ended up getting a window ticket [Frown] but it could have been worse cause he saw my nitrous line and he also told me that my car was really loud [Big Grin]

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com