Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anywhere in Sac that re-chromes?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anywhere in Sac that re-chromes?
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am looking to get a set of rims re-dipped. Anyone have experience with anyone in Sac area?

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah i would like to know also.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

modular
¯
Member # 6599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modular  Ford pictures for modular    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shirms, or sherms some shitz like that. I had some Banshee parts done there and WOW! The quality of aftermarket chrome is way better than any factory! If you cant find the number from 411 lmk and I will dig up the reciept.

--------------------
I had no idea that so many people knew everything until I joined this site.
I was prolly drunk. Get over it
***BEWARE*** COP CALLERS! Eljefe-Adower!

Posts: 548 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by modular:
Shirms, or sherms some shitz like that. I had some Banshee parts done there and WOW! The quality of aftermarket chrome is way better than any factory! If you cant find the number from 411 lmk and I will dig up the reciept.

I got hella parts from the 68 i need rechroming. How small were the parts you had rechromed? how much did it end up costing you?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SilverScab
¯
Member # 6092

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverScab  Ford pictures for SilverScab    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Sherm's Custom Plating
2140 Acoma St, Sacramento, CA
(916) 646-0160
www.shermsplating.com

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Took the car down to Sherms today. They said they do not recommend having the rims re-chromed. They said to polish them. It will be 150 per wheel to have tires pulled and they go through 2 chemical processes to strip old chrome and polished. 600 dollars for all 4. What do you guys think?

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Dag302:
Took the car down to Sherms today. They said they do not recommend having the rims re-chromed. They said to polish them. It will be 150 per wheel to have tires pulled and they go through 2 chemical processes to strip old chrome and polished. 600 dollars for all 4. What do you guys think?

Thats cheaper than a rechrome and will look almost as good, just more upkeep. I'd do it.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
modular
¯
Member # 6599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modular  Ford pictures for modular    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I forgot to check back in sorry. They do cars more than anything, trim and stuff. I had my pegs and a few other little things done. My bill was like $150 or something if you have more parts getting the same grade or they have a batch in the grade you select the prices will vary. I got show chrome on mine the chrome was super nice I havent seen any other chrome look as good. Im not saying they are the best chromers just aftermarrket show chrome is super nice.

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

What kind of garuantee do they have? I don't want it rusting after 3 years...

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

modular
¯
Member # 6599

Not sure, Im not trying to sell you on them?

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Not sure, Im not trying to sell you on them?

i know your not but i was hoping since you went to them you would have that kind of info.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com