Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Do V6 Camaro's deserve to be called 'Maro's

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Do V6 Camaro's deserve to be called 'Maro's
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Confused] Just wondering [Razz]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all chevys = all garbage
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The V8 Camaro's had a good engine, but the rest of the car was a pile a shit. Firebirds also had the same problem. V6 camaros had an average engine wrapped around a limp, boring and poorly designed chassis, so it really no secret why the public was not any buying camaros so having said all that, I would call a v8 camaro elephant shit and a v6 camaro bird shit.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
Avengeance
¯
Member # 5163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avengeance  Ford pictures for Avengeance    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Roll Eyes]

Im not going to get too into this because I know itll just turn into a flame. However.. its too bad the Camaro died. I mean hell.. these days the average "performance" car owner doesnt seem to be in it for the actual performance. If they were then the old adage is true.. you get what you pay for and with that said thats why the V8 F-body was more expensive then the V8 Stangs. They simply performed better... even got better fuel economy.... but the average consumer didnt care about that. They wanted cheaper and didnt care about the LACK of performance... hence the V8 Mustange thrived.. with a LOT of help from its V6 sibling.

[patriot]

--------------------
02' Limited Edition 35th Ann. SS
620rwhp/570rwtq. 10.6 @ 132mph.

Spitfiremk24
¯
Member # 5698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spitfiremk24  Ford pictures for Spitfiremk24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well then, does a v6 mustang deserve to be called a stang?

--------------------
04 GT

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Avengeance:
[Roll Eyes]

Im not going to get too into this because I know itll just turn into a flame. However.. its too bad the Camaro died. I mean hell.. these days the average "performance" car owner doesnt seem to be in it for the actual performance. If they were then the old adage is true.. you get what you pay for and with that said thats why the V8 F-body was more expensive then the V8 Stangs. They simply performed better... even got better fuel economy.... but the average consumer didnt care about that. They wanted cheaper and didnt care about the LACK of performance... hence the V8 Mustange thrived.. with a LOT of help from its V6 sibling.

[patriot]

Sure, the LS1 V8 was a good engine, but it was not good enough to make up for the serious design flaws of the 4th gen camaro like a big ass hump in right in front of the passenger seat for the cat converter, the huge overhangs that would scrape the fuck out of the body work, the enormous amount of space between the dash and the windshield that would make you feel like you were driving in a bath tub, the broken chicken wing turn signal stalk/ speed control that was a pain to use, the utter lack of space in the luggage compartment just to name a few of the major fuck ups. In short, the camaro was a mess and a pain to live with on a daily basis and that is why the public did not buy them. Ford on the other hand worked hard to make the mustang a nice and comfortable car. In 1999, not only did ford up the power on the mustang, but they added more suspension travel for a better ride, decreased turning radius by a yard and added more insulation for decreased noise. The Mustang was just simply a much better car to live with and that is why it kicked the camaros ass in the one race that really mattered: sales

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
all chevys = all garbage

[patriot]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

93venom
¯
Member # 778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93venom  Ford pictures for 93venom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
competition drives innovation......and if your into late modle mustangs....be happy the camaro is coming back, both car makers will have to one up each other......otherwise we will be stuck with this mustang for ten fuckin years

--------------------
93 cobra #3445
1988 ranger-302 in progress
2003 ranger fx4 level 2

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
[Confused] Just wondering [Razz]

hahahaha, you crack me up ryan!

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87GeeTee  Ford pictures for 87GeeTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's like saying my GT is fast.

--------------------
Member #: 5145
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

2002 GT; Gone But Not Forgotten
1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

Posts: 4278 | From: San Pablo | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Avengeance
¯
Member # 5163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avengeance  Ford pictures for Avengeance    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
quote:
Originally posted by Avengeance:
[Roll Eyes]

[patriot]

Sure, the LS1 V8 was a good engine, but it was not good enough to make up for the serious design flaws of the 4th gen camaro like a big ass hump in right in front of the passenger seat for the cat converter, the huge overhangs that would scrape the fuck out of the body work, the enormous amount of space between the dash and the windshield that would make you feel like you were driving in a bath tub, the broken chicken wing turn signal stalk/ speed control that was a pain to use, the utter lack of space in the luggage compartment just to name a few of the major fuck ups. In short, the camaro was a mess and a pain to live with on a daily basis and that is why the public did not buy them. Ford on the other hand worked hard to make the mustang a nice and comfortable car. In 1999, not only did ford up the power on the mustang, but they added more suspension travel for a better ride, decreased turning radius by a yard and added more insulation for decreased noise. The Mustang was just simply a much better car to live with and that is why it kicked the camaros ass in the one race that really mattered: sales
You make my point exactly, and hey guess what you own a mustang! Coincidence? Although your thought on "major fuck up" is majorly fucked up, because for the most part they are things that people bitch and complain about when they want the raw power and speed of a sports car but are also candy asses and want the amenities of a taurus, so they settle for the good ole Mustang GT that runs 14s if they can drive decently. I can find a dozen things about the Mustang that are IN MY OPINION, in your words, "fucked up". Those things you listed are your opinion.. and its the first time Ive heard anyone say anything about those things... except the luggage room. Cause we all stuff them too the top all the time... and I guess luggage room counts for a performance car? [Roll Eyes] Ive personally fit luggage for 3 people in my Camaro a couple times, its not that bad. Thats what you get when you by a hatch. In my opinion the lack of luggage room is made up 10 fold in the speed and power I get out of it, the 29-30mpg isnt bad either.

You listed no design flaws... they are things you simply dont like. There was no recall or TSBs on the things you listed, therefore they arent flaws. Matter of fact the long dash was to set the motor back to more equally distribute the F&R weight.

Dont get me wrong.. I like Stangs and Ill someday have a 03-04 Cobra.. for now Ill settle with my lack luster interior and 560rwhp. [Cool]

--------------------
02' Limited Edition 35th Ann. SS
620rwhp/570rwtq. 10.6 @ 132mph.

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have both, the camaro will always be the faster of the 2 for me! i need a relaible car for the job thingy! my notch will look nice but i have to smog it and i do not want to make it 'too loud' or worry if i have to change parts before i smog it. theres not much i can do with a CFI motor and i have no intentions to putting a later motor in it. the farthest i plan on going into the motor is some 1.7 cobra rockers and a true dual exhuast, but that will help the mileage big time.

the last gen camaro was something i had to get used,looks wise.but it grew on me. but the camaro was always alittle 'too plain' for me! even with the RS or SS body kit it was too bleah for me! but it was too much money for most people and the insurance was allot as well. so that turned off allot away from the camaro. ford got it right with the looks and affordability dept,thats why its still around! [Frown]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
all chevys = all garbage

I have to disagree when it comes to the Z06 [worship] [patriot]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was watching a video where some guys were making fun of ricers by pretending to be ricers and they came across a Camaro. It said SS on the truck lip and then when the guy gave it gas you could hear it was a v6 LOL

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com