Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » CHP Messing with a guy in a Vette in Sacramento tonight 3/11/06 (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: CHP Messing with a guy in a Vette in Sacramento tonight 3/11/06
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The video I have sucks. I did see another guy with a video camera tape this incident. Maybe he can put it on this post. Any ways, this cop impounds a vette from hearsay in a private parking lot. Is this even legal?
http://media.putfile.com/Vette-getting-impounded

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think if they have probable cause its legal.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wtf? why tha happen?

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89 FAKE SNAKE:
wtf? why tha happen?

Now let me just say that I am not 100% sure but this is what I think happened. I think cops got a call that the vette was speeding on the freeway and some ass called it in, almost causing a wreck to just get the vettes plates. So we are all chillin in the parking lot and that is when he starts herassing the guy with the vette. At first it looked like they were trying to spook us from the parking lot but nobody left. Finally after driving around in circles they get out and mess with this guy.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

My question is, can they even do anything if the cops personally did not see anything. I think this guy in the vette has a case, unfortunately he has to get his car out of the impound first. !@#$@#$ cops

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they are out to get us everyone beware the streets are no longer safe [Mad]

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

quote:
Originally posted by svt306snake:
they are out to get us everyone beware the streets are no longer safe [Mad]

Very true.....The cops were in full force tonight. There are some cool cops around, but this guy was lookin for a car to impound.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if it's chip then it ended up not getting towed and impounded. apparently since he was in the car only a POLICE officer could have towed him, not CHP.

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

I didn't stick around to actually see the tow truck, but he was told to get all of his personal belongings out so that they can tow it.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya check out sacstangs, he posted up that he didn't get towed and impounded, technically they couldnt do anything to him.

--------------------

BLOWNZO6
Member # 5369

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLOWNZO6  Ford pictures for BLOWNZO6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they were gonna tow it for expired registration but after showing THEM the definition of the vehicle code and calling a seargent out they realized that it would have been ilegal for them to tow my car so they didnt tow it

[ March 12, 2006, 04:16 AM: Message edited by: BLOWNZO6 ]

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

quote:
Originally posted by BLOWNZO6:
they were gonna tow it for expired registration but after showing THEM the definition of the vehicle code and calling a seargent out they realized that it would have been ilegal for them to tow my car so they didnt tow it

Good to hear.....I knew they were trying to do some illegal shit.

[ March 12, 2006, 04:20 AM: Message edited by: 95GTConvtACE ]

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

sicmaro
¯
Member # 2323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sicmaro  Ford pictures for sicmaro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
we showed them! lol im glad i had my v.c. book in my truck!!
Posts: 50 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
BLOWNZO6
Member # 5369

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLOWNZO6  Ford pictures for BLOWNZO6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 95GTConvtACE:
[/qb]

Good to hear.....I knew they were trying to do some illegal shit. [/QB][/QUOTE]
the one cop was a dick even after i showed him the definition of the code he said he was still gonna tow it and thats when i got kinda pissed and called them bitches and cock suckers so they made me stand away from the car

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

i thought the vette was broke? what did it end up to be?

--------------------

BLOWNZO6
Member # 5369

quote:
Originally posted by eljefe:
i thought the vette was broke? what did it end up to be?

i dont know it fixed itself...i guess its a chevy thing [Cool]
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

lmao!

--------------------

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 95GTConvtACE:

Good to hear.....I knew they were trying to do some illegal shit. [/QB]
the one cop was a dick even after i showed him the definition of the code he said he was still gonna tow it and thats when i got kinda pissed and called them bitches and cock suckers so they made me stand away from the car [/QB][/QUOTE]
You did stand your ground and didn't let them punk you. Finally, one for the good guys....

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

I wish I would have stuck around when the cop was corrected. To see his stupid look on his face. The sarge probably wrote him up too. lol

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

where can I find one of those books? Do they sell them to the public?

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i don{t think cops can do anything about traffic infractions they did not witnessed.
a long while back i was racing someone by my house.. well.. someone called the cops. we had pulled over further ahead and were just chatting when a female cop found us.
she got out and asked for ids. and told us straightup that someone had called them about a green and black convertible mustang racing, she said. i'm not stupid, i know it was you guys, but there is nothing i can do becuase i did not witness the race. just tell me if it was you so i can make my report. we talked for a little while.. she tried to scare us aoubt how it is a misdeamenor to race and we could have our cars taken away etc etc.
anyhow her back up came by and told my friend that his tinted windows were illegal, but we told him that he was not driving the car so he could not do anything. i did not have my license with me either, eventhough i was standing next to my car and putting the top down, they couldn't give me a ticket for that either, becuase i wasn't driving it or in it when she pulled behind us. [patriot]

--------------------
=(

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What CVC did you tell them? I'm curious to know. Thanks

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
quote:

You can get them at the DMV, I think they are $6 if I heard right?

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
quote:

You can get them at the DMV, I think they are $6 if I heard right?
I found this online:
http://www.defend-me.com/California-Vehicle-Code/
I believe it is the complete guide that you can print up. Might take you a while though.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man im finna get me a vehicle code book asap. and next weekend i should finally have some gas money so i can meet up with you guys. these cops are getting rediculous.

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com