Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Went to the dark side :( But its fun.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Went to the dark side :( But its fun.
90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtverrt  Ford pictures for 90gtverrt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I purchased another car yesterday. Its not incredibly fast (its quick though) but the thing handles ULTRA smooth and fast, and the brakes are phenomal...and chicks dig it hahah.

What you think

2004 Mazda RX-8

Its a 6 speed fully optioned

-

What you think?

Posts: 1199 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's not the dark side, more like the "pink" side [Wink]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i test drove one of those things, they're decently quick and peppy for what it has. good choice man, but you're gonna miss the torque [burnout]

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtverrt  Ford pictures for 90gtverrt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know I miss the Torque lol....but it really has a powerband like my bike.

Im just waiting for my bonus check + IRS check so i can get a small turbo system for it and be around 300hp/230tq at the wheels. That will get its 3000lb curb wieght scootin lol

Well see though..

Definetly fun!

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was expecting you to post something from GM.

That is certainly NOT the dark side. That is this side:

-

[Wink] [Razz]

Just speaking the truth, don't be mad [Big Grin]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

Hahaha its ok..to each his own right [Razz] I do like the fact that its considered a 4door for insurance peroposes lol
00SLVRGT
¯
Member # 4509

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00SLVRGT  Ford pictures for 00SLVRGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ford still owns Mazda so its all good. [patriot]

--------------------
2000 GT Silver... SOLD
94 Cobra... SOLD
02 Foush, work in progress

90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

Hahah kinda my thoughts...oh and its hella easy to put my sons carseat in the back of this thing with the Suicided rear doors. Try that in the stang lol

definetly a sporty daily driver though.

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
That's not the dark side, more like the "pink" side [Wink]

Bwahahaha!

I rented one of those last year when I was in Hawaii. After one day I couldn't take it anymore and traded it in for a Jeep [Wink]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
I was expecting you to post something from GM.

That is certainly NOT the dark side. That is this side:

-

[Wink] [Razz]

Just speaking the truth, don't be mad [Big Grin]

I'm crackin UP!LOL, ya I was thinking an SS or a z28 or something.........either way hope you enjoy your new car.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's still a Ford. You can rev the piss out of those things.

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

Hahaha kinda why I posted it here lol..its still in the Ford family [Razz]

But hell its so much fun to drive.

Funner then my 89 ever was, except in a straight line lol.

Im gonna pick up a old school mustang though to start as a project now. Ive always wanted one of those.

87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87GeeTee  Ford pictures for 87GeeTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why the RX-8?

--------------------
Member #: 5145
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

2002 GT; Gone But Not Forgotten
1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

Posts: 4278 | From: San Pablo | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

I personally like the looks, have always loved the rotary motor, insurance is cheap (do to a 4 door) Couldnt beat the deal, and it makes me smile from ear to ear everytime i drive it.
misled
¯
Member # 6592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for misled  Ford pictures for misled    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nothing wrong with teh RX-8. Just doesn't pack the punch I'm used to. I'm sure it handles really well though. Enjoy! [burnout]

--------------------
2004 Mach 1 Mustang
Stock for now...

Posts: 45 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :
87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87GeeTee  Ford pictures for 87GeeTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 306ci89Vert:
I personally like the looks, have always loved the rotary motor, insurance is cheap (do to a 4 door) Couldnt beat the deal, and it makes me smile from ear to ear everytime i drive it.

That's cool. The Renesis is a good motor. How much did you get it for?

--------------------
Member #: 5145
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

2002 GT; Gone But Not Forgotten
1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

Posts: 4278 | From: San Pablo | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The motor sucks on those. Mike bewarned, They are know as throwaway motors. They last 45K-60K and then becuase of design flaws they get so sloppy that they are good for nothing. The thought of rotory is cool, but not when a company finds it cheapier to warrany the motors, then just make it right from the start. My $.02

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
The motor sucks on those. Mike bewarned, They are know as throwaway motors. They last 45K-60K and then becuase of design flaws they get so sloppy that they are good for nothing. The thought of rotory is cool, but not when a company finds it cheapier to warrany the motors, then just make it right from the start. My $.02

[Eek!] most un educated post ever 45-60k? i will not respond or post up why your wrong ill just leave it at i know you know nothing about them...nice car...reliable car...dont worry about it its built well
90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

I got it fully loaded

6 Speed
GT Package
Dvd Nav
6 Disk Bose System
Leather
Rotary Accent Package
18" Wheels

Basically every option you can have

$23,500

The car was listed for 26,5 but i finagled them down.

Love it to death.

Mike

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Power (SAE net): 238 bhp @ 8500 rpm ..not bad
Torque (SAE net): 159 lb-ft @ 5500 rpm .... [Confused] [Frown]

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I test drove one at the Zoom Zoom Live Mazda event last year. That car revvvvsss! Looks like a fun daily driver. [patriot]

[ March 12, 2006, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: forced331 ]

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont like sorry i like 3rd gen rx7 better [Confused]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:

[Eek!] most un educated post ever 45-60k? i will not respond or post up why your wrong ill just leave it at i know you know nothing about them...nice car...reliable car...dont worry about it its built well
Well from my friends that own RX7s that there motors do not last. Also that they are very unpredictable and can go at anytime.

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com