Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Summit "Harwood Cowl Hood"...Need some help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Summit "Harwood Cowl Hood"...Need some help
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just baught a harwood 3 inch cowl hood and it says it needs too to be trimmed on the edges to fit on right, if some one can tell me a good shop that can do this for me or if anybody can do it for me i will pay, $ is not an issue, thnks eddie [patriot] ill try to post pictures

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Summit is the shit, forgot to say:) took 4 days

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i know where it needs to be trimeed hit me up.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
t-top50
¯
Member # 2735

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t-top50  Ford pictures for t-top50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had one done for a board member. Same hood. I couldn't find the pics on the site but it was 89nevermind car. Give me a call my boy can do it he lives near Hayward. He will trim it and line up all sides.

925-765-1606
Aaron

--------------------
87GT t-top
00 Saleen (clone)
97 E350 7.3 diesel

Posts: 2522 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

if you can pm me with some prices i will call as well, thanks eddie

--------------------

93cobracoupestang
¯
Member # 5765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93cobracoupestang  Ford pictures for 93cobracoupestang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sand the back where the cowl hits the cowl grate (wiper area) just mainly on the corners. also sand the front where the hood comes down on the headlights, i had some issues with that. try putting the hood on and adjust the spacers if you need to up or down to get a good fit. if doesnt fit sand the sides as well. remember you have to make all your own holes for the hood latches. its a bitch because you cant take the screws out because they free spin. and unless you have the wrench to hold it you have to mcgiver it, i used a clothes hanger to put the latch in. oh yea dont forget to drill a hole for your hood support thing i dont know what its called....oh well. good luck.

--------------------
1993 Lx Coupe.....a couple bolt ons.

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 600

DOPE 50
¯
Member # 5892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DOPE 50  Ford pictures for DOPE 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYONE THAT CAN STILL DO THIS,I NEED THIS DONE TO MY HOOD TOO,PM IF YOU CAN DO IT OR IF SOMEONE CAN DO IT FOR ME THANKS

--------------------
94 COBRA CLONE CONVERTIBLE
67 SS CHEVY NOVA,CAGED UP,TUBBED,FUEL CELL,ETC..IN THE WORKS.[67SSNOV]
91 INTEGRA ON 17'S
94 Ranger Getting lifted

1100hp
¯
Member # 6454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1100hp  Ford pictures for 1100hp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya, and I need my hood painted. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"sure officer, it's stock".

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com