Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Ipod Video

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Ipod Video
Bizob
¯
Member # 3768

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bizob  Ford pictures for Bizob  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just ordered a Black 60GB Ipod Video. I just wanted to know how many of you guys had them and what you thought of them.

Do you guys have any tips for a first time Ipod user

Also which program should I use to convert video onto it.

--------------------
01 GT K&N FIPK Mac Prochamber Magnapack Cat-Back Steeda Tri-Ax Eibachs

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have the black 30gig video one and i love it!

i use a program called 3GP Convertor and it works great.

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ipod video rocks [Big Grin] I need to figure out how to get video on there as well.

You can try www.videohelp.com They have some tools that are supposed to work.

Let me know if you figure it out [Wink]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shiftylx:

Have you converted any DVD's?
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats cool just make sure you have a good warrenty.

All of my friends that own a second gen had theirs freeze up on them.

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love my black 60gig. I use videora iPod converter. it's free and super easy to use.

ilounge.com has tons of great info.

spegull03
¯
Member # 2842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for spegull03  Ford pictures for spegull03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Bizob:
I just ordered a Black 60GB Ipod Video. I just wanted to know how many of you guys had them and what you thought of them.

sick dude, were gonna have the same pod.. what abooot your dope ass rio???
[Razz]

Bizob
¯
Member # 3768

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bizob  Ford pictures for Bizob  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by spegull03:
quote:
Originally posted by Bizob:

sick dude, were gonna have the same pod.. what abooot your dope ass rio???
[Razz]

I basically wanted it for the video feature. Plus my Rio has taken a beating like a red headed step child from me dropping it so much.

Ive been downloading Torrents like crazy. Back when I worked at Circuit City I remember they had this CD box set of the greatest hits from the 80's and I found it on a Torrent Site. It was like a 1.6 GB File and there are hella good songs. Right now im in the process of downloading all of the AC/DC CD's, I think there are like 19, and they are all digitally remastered. Plus im downloading all of 2Pac's CD's Also.

I remember we had a post recently about how big in terms of GB everyones music collection was. I think someone said they had like 70 GB. [worship]

--------------------

2NSANE
¯
Member # 2644

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2NSANE  Ford pictures for 2NSANE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got the 30gig because a few guys at work all have the 60gig and they all froze up and had to be rebooted which lost everything on the ipod. from what I hear from the guys at the ipod store in Burlingame its not a uncomon problem.
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2NSANE:
I got the 30gig because a few guys at work all have the 60gig and they all froze up and had to be rebooted which lost everything on the ipod. from what I hear from the guys at the ipod store in Burlingame its not a uncomon problem.

haven't had issues with my 60gig but their are programs to backup your ipod. I am looking for an external harddrive so I can back up my and my gf's video ipod's. Their are programs that will reconvert the songs from itunes format to mp3 so you can still share it.
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92stangLX:
quote:
Originally posted by shiftylx:

Have you converted any DVD's?
i haven't gone from a dvd to my ipod, but i've put some movies on it that i've downloaded from limewire.

as far as the freezing issue, i've had it freeze up on me a couple of times. all you do is press the menu and the middle button together, and it reboots with everything still on it.

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i like mine jus wait n for steve to send mp4 dvd

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
i like mine jus wait n for steve to send mp4 dvd

damn I forgot I'm laggin. [Big Grin]
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea you are, cant wait to get it

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Bizob
¯
Member # 3768

MP4 Whats that [Confused]

--------------------

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

the format videos need to be so that it can be loaded onto your ipod. What ever movies/music videos you currently on your computer need to be converted to .mp4

Google: Videora iPod converter. It's free and one click to convert video files. Once they are converted then add the converted files from iTunes. I make a folder for my converted files and videora automatically sends them to that file so they are easy to find when I go back to add them.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com