Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » CROOKED MECHANICS

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: CROOKED MECHANICS
lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You know what I really hate, phocking filthy crooked mechanics, [Mad] YUP I detest them, my aunts car just had the check engine light on, she took it to a shop in San Bruno.... It seems they just hooked up the diagnostics tool and just shut the damn light off. [Eek!] No parts were installed and nothing was replaced, they friggin DICKED her for $1,500- [Mad] YEAH no joke, now my mom was going the same route.... [Confused] But I had to intervene in a drastic ass measure, whatever it takes, she is NOT going to get ripped off, [Wink] I told her she could drive her other car.... The "BUCKET" and I will fix this in the weekend, the car just has a ripped hose, water pump took a dump, and a relay sensor that connects the fan to the engine harness is fried. [Frown] They were definately going to "GET" her, they probably would of "MADE" up some other problems as well.... [BS flag] I'm just really pissed of right about know- The good thing, she will only need to spend about $200.00 on parts and no cash on LABOR- and trust me LABOR is way more expensive than parts- [Big Grin]

--------------------
*NorCal

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You are a very animated speaker/typer. You averaged just under 3 smiley icons per paragraph in your post! Lol!

I'm just messing with you man.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what was the name of the shop, or where was it exactly ?

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$1,500? Are you serious? Call BAR right now! Get all the documents you can, post them on here. There are some shady ass shops out there for sure. Even major retailers (L.S. and B.M.) sell people things they don't need. Like when I buy tires and some 20 year old goober at L.S. tells me I need to align my truck every 8,000 miles and then I have to educate him on modern suspension design.

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

DSGNotch
¯
Member # 5242

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DSGNotch  Ford pictures for DSGNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[dance] [dance] [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
88 Notch, Black interior, 5.0, T5, 3.55's, Flows, STB. Getting ready for paint.

Piecing together a wet kit; got most of it.

Posts: 224 | From: Healdsburg, CA 95448 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$1500. HOLY SHIT [Eek!] Why did she even pay that!!!!!!!????!!!!

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
has to be more to this story there always is. They can't legaly charge more than the estimate with out prior auth. And it makes no sense at all to think somebody would charge that much to hook up a scan tool and clear a code. I sure would like to see the work order.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
has to be more to this story there always is. They can't legaly charge more than the estimate with out prior auth. And it makes no sense at all to think somebody would charge that much to hook up a scan tool and clear a code. I sure would like to see the work order.

I agree. I take my Range Rover to my mechanic and he clears my light for free. [worship]

$1500 is the Most OUTRAGEOUS RIP OFF I've ever heard of [Eek!]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man trust me, they told her they were running diagnostics on her car, 2005 745 BEEMER, and I'm pretty damn sure there was nothing really wrong with her car, I actually drove it a couple of times and it ran like a CHAMP, only thing was check engine light,she just dumped a load of cash.... trust me man, they ripped her off.... whatever, I'm just glad she has the cash.... But still a friggin waste of money, that much money could of bought me a crap-load of stuff for my fox-project.... whatever man, It's nothing- [patriot]

--------------------
*NorCal

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
might be worse it could of been warranty [Eek!]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by GRIGGYJAMESJIMBO:
Man trust me, they told her they were running diagnostics on her car, 2005 745 BEEMER, and I'm pretty damn sure there was nothing really wrong with her car, I actually drove it a couple of times and it ran like a CHAMP, only thing was check engine light,she just dumped a load of cash.... trust me man, they ripped her off.... whatever, I'm just glad she has the cash.... But still a friggin waste of money, that much money could of bought me a crap-load of stuff for my fox-project.... whatever man, It's nothing- [patriot]

what was your aunt doing taking a 05 bmw to a regular shop, she could have took it to the dealer and them fix it for free [patriot]

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
seems to me like you might not know the whole story.
1. an 05 745 is going to cost a grip to do anything too, new rotors and pads for my bosses 03 M5 cost him $2500
2. if she took it to a BMW specific shop i can immaging labor was $125/hr or so, that adds up fast
3. how do you know they didnt change a sensor or part, systems like the EVAP will cause check engine lights and have problems, yet the car will drive fine and you would never know something was wrong untill the light came on.

and why the hell didnt she go to a dealership??????

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

She took it to this EUROPEAN type of place, they fix renaults, beemers, benzes, jags, and I saw this CRAZY a$$ KHARMEN GHIA there, it was primered but that thing sounded mean, friggin spotless, brand spanking new interior.... I'm sure when they finish painting it, it will be in pristine condition- [Eek!]
But yeah, I'd rather stick to FORD/CHEVY cars with pushrod engines.... I'm cool of them BEEMERS, just not my type.... [Wink]

And she didn't go to a dealership B/C she got it @ one of the places, that you see right of off El-Camino in San Mateo, I don't want to say any names B/C my HS friends DAD owns the damn THING!!!! And it's not a huge FRANCHISE dealer sort of thing, she got the thing fairly used, with about 38K on the odometer, that car was ran trough before her, It still looks pretty sick though- [patriot]

[ March 10, 2006, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: GRIGGYJAMESJIMBO ]

--------------------
*NorCal

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com