Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Barry Bonds was on in insane amount of steroids! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Barry Bonds was on in insane amount of steroids!
klonoa
¯
Member # 1771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for klonoa  Ford pictures for klonoa    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/03/06/news.excerpt/index.html?cnn=yes

The authors, Mark Fainaru-Wada and Lance Williams, describe in sometimes day-to-day, drug-by-drug detail how often and how deeply Bonds engaged in the persistent doping. For instance, the authors write that by 2001, when Bonds broke Mark McGwire's single-season home-run record (70) by belting 73, Bonds was using two designer steroids referred to as the Cream and the Clear, as well as insulin, human growth hormone, testosterone decanoate (a fast-acting steroid known as Mexican beans) and trenbolone, a steroid created to improve the muscle quality of catt

--------------------
2003 Mustang Cobra - 454 rwhp - 470rwtq
Ex. 2001 vortech'ed v6.

Posts: 938 | From: Richmond, Cali. | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've read/heard about that story. Sad but true it seems.

Looks like it's all over for him. [Embarrassed]

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
I've read/heard about that story. Sad but true it seems.

Looks like it's all over for him. [Embarrassed]

There go the Giants chances as well too then...
[Frown]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I guess You can only cheat the system so long before it comes back and bites You in the ass! [patriot]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All that is, is word of mouth, why didn't they put that in the paper back when it happened, and they still don't have a positive test on him.

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL, fukkin ROID-HEAD [Eek!]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:
All that is, is word of mouth, why didn't they put that in the paper back when it happened, and they still don't have a positive test on him.

The MLB never caught Canseco. Just to show you how good their testing is.
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by klonoa:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/03/06/news.excerpt/index.html?cnn=yes

The authors, Mark Fainaru-Wada and Lance Williams, describe in sometimes day-to-day, drug-by-drug detail how often and how deeply Bonds engaged in the persistent doping. For instance, the authors write that by 2001, when Bonds broke Mark McGwire's single-season home-run record (70) by belting 73, Bonds was using two designer steroids referred to as the Cream and the Clear, as well as insulin, human growth hormone, testosterone decanoate (a fast-acting steroid known as Mexican beans) and trenbolone, a steroid created to improve the muscle quality of catt

[IMG]
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-
O RLY?

[ March 07, 2006, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: sf89lx ]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just think back in the 60s Arnold only took a fourth of the steroids they are using today. The stuff today is 100% more potent(sp?).

[ March 07, 2006, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i can't stand berry...he's a fag! [dance]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All i care about is his Baseball cards going up so i can sell them for a lot of money and buy some car parts haha. I have his rookie card all the way to 93

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

RioredGT
¯
Member # 2300

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RioredGT  Ford pictures for RioredGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slowback67:

That's cool since we're talking about Barry. [Big Grin] J/P..

On another note, I think alot of people forget that it's only been a few years that baseball has made steroids illegal. So if you go back a before steroids were illegal in baseball, there were tons of players that used them. [Wink]

[ March 07, 2006, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: RioredGT ]

cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RioredGT:
quote:
Originally posted by slowback67:

That's cool since we're talking about Barry. [Big Grin] J/P..

On another note, I think alot of people forget that it's only been a few years that baseball has made steroids illegal. So if you go back a before steroids were illegal in baseball, there were tons of players that used them. [Wink]

Steroids have never been legal in baseball, and there drug test have always been a joke. Still is.
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cees87drop:
quote:

Well, if there testing sucks what makes you think its defidently possative. [Confused]

--------------------
86' LX Vert

cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

quote:
Originally posted by archersgt:
quote:
Originally posted by cees87drop:
quote:

Well, if there testing sucks what makes you think its defidently possative. [Confused]
Not sure which one you are referring to, but Canseco is well known for role with steroids. Just read a couple of pages of his book. Bonds has also admitted to taking them, but he claims he didn’t know he was taking them. He is guilty of it and he knows it that why he wants to retire so they will leave him alone. Like big mac did. He retired and that was it.
lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sad but true- [Frown]

--------------------
*NorCal

lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That Phoker- is still a circus freak on the PLATE- he has an effortless swing, just crazy- [Eek!]

--------------------
*NorCal

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by GRIGGYJAMESJIMBO:
That Phoker- is still a circus freak on the PLATE- he has an effortless swing, just crazy- [Eek!]

not crazy. It's the ROIDS [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's wrong with roids?

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

What do you mean NOT CRAZY [Roll Eyes] - If it was that easy. To just shoot roids and work out and go stand in the plate and DROP BOMBS all day, then all of us would of done it.... [Big Grin] what other left handed swinger have you seen out there (MLB) past or present, that has a compact swing, has insane amount of power, good hand/eye coordination, and he can easily read pitches, why do you think he is so damn good [Eek!] , and the craziest thing, he does this constantly with no really BAD SLUMPS- He was definatelly a better all around player before the roids [Wink] , remember the 40/40 club, that FOO was on it year in year out, ahhh, but when the ROIDS hit, he just became an OFFENSIVE all star.... Some pretty crazy stuff to watch, you have to be a baseball addict to appreciate theese sort of feats/accomplishments, and yes the FREAKSHOWS at PAC-BELL- [Big Grin]

--------------------
*NorCal

AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Baseball didn't have a testing process before because the labor union prevented it. Now they have one. In the minor leagues we would get tested by the club as well as MLB. You never knew when you'd be tested by MLB. You'd be at a hotel and get a call from the trainer saying to go to room # whatever and give your sample. I'm not sure what the MLB testing procedure they adopted last year is (random time or if you know about it in advance) for players on the 40 man roster. Regardless guys take them for different things. It's not like there's one type of steroid. Pitchers have been known to take them as well to help them recoup faster. I'm more than sure Bonds did take steroids but the bottom line is you still have to hit the ball. NOBODY in the game can track the ball like Barry does. He's the only hitter that I've ever seen that has consistently hit the best pitchers night in and night out. 100 mph heater, dirty slider, or over the top hammer, it doesn't matter, he locks in on it and crushes it. That is something steroids won't do. Baseball has other problems besides steroids. "Greenies" or amphetemines are commonly used as energy boosters and are a far bigger problem than steroids. Jeff Kent was talking about after the congressional hearings. I remember talking to a closer on one of my teams. He said he was 90-93 without a greenie and 93-96 mph with one.

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Hey man.... I play BALL, real BASEBALL, whenever you got the chance(IF ANY) you can hit me up.... I really need someone to throw to, or warm up with....(I'm scared I might hurt one of my friends) and just go over basic techniques/fundamentals.... Whenever you have some time. Just PM me bro, I live in DAVIS- [patriot]

--------------------
*NorCal

Avengeance
¯
Member # 5163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avengeance  Ford pictures for Avengeance    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The sad thing is I dont think he had to be that big to slug out all those HRs. If everyone that is saying its more then being big and strong... then he should have stayed straight and banked on his skills. He has the skills... and you dont have to be a bohemoth to belt em out.
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He still hasn't tested positive...regardless if he was on steroids or not, he'd still be hitting bombs the way he's done his whole career. The topical stuff he admitted to wasn't even illegal at that time.

Roger Maris only had one break out season when he got the record...same goes for Bonds.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

quick99
¯
Member # 6291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for quick99  Ford pictures for quick99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Everyone seems to forget he was a Allstar before he came to the Giants. He was hitting homers way before anyone said anything about steriods. True, he has never failed a test either. This whole book is someones opinion. He has never been proven guilty of anything.
Take a look at when Jordan first entered the NBA. Then take a look at one of his pictures 10 years later. Does he still look like the same skinny kid when he ws a rookie? Not just him, look at 99% of any professonal sports players. Look when they started and then again 5-10 years later. They all look bigger. Does this mean they are all on the juice too? Not saying some did not use alternative means, but stop saying "look how big Bonds got". They all got bigger. Part of it is just nature taking its course. I know I am bigger now then when I was in High School!

Posts: 103 | From: northern california | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com