Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » did you ever regre selling your stang

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: did you ever regre selling your stang
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well ive been debating on selling my blue t-top 5.0 ever since i got my cobra. but after putting in so much time and money i wonder if im going to regret selling it way to much. It was the first mustang i ever bought and i always wanted a fox body and got even luckier when i picked up a t-top. But anyway before i come to a final decision im wanted to ask some of you fellas and ladies that have bought and sold more mustangs than me how much or if you ever regretted selling your mustang?

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse  Ford pictures for crazyhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
youll definitely regret selling yours, especially after putting work/money into it. I know I did when I sold my 87 gt,if you don't need to sell it, keep it [patriot]

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah man thats what ive heard more often than not. everbody keeps telling me that i should hold on to it because of all the work i did. but im hella eager to get some more money to throw at this cobra. gota get some patience

--------------------

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
every day i regret selling my stang and its been 3 years since ive sold it [Frown]

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you will regret it but unless you have a garage youll be worried sick over your t-top
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont sell it if u dont need to. its always nice to keep a car that has some sentimenal value to u, especially when its an older car that will be harder to find later on.
i regretted selling my 89 lx after purchasing a 99 cobra. since then ive regretting selling the car so cheap and wish i had the car still...that said, i have another fox.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have never regretted breaking up with a GF or selling any previous stang. When I decide to sell, it's usually because I am 100% over it and ready for something better.

I have owned 4 mustangs. Everyone of them better than the last in every way.

[ March 01, 2006, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
DOPE 50
¯
Member # 5892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DOPE 50  Ford pictures for DOPE 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I regret selling my first mustang it was a 69 coupe,i also put alot of time and money in it,it was my high schol car and now down the road a few years that i have been out of HS people ask me if i still have and when i tell them i sold it they tell me im crazy.one of the badest 69 coupe ive ever seen on the streets.but i sold it at the right time though.it was when classic cars were booming,but fox bodies are a different story i think.just think to your self how long on your planning on keeping the cobra for and is it worth keeping [patriot]

--------------------
94 COBRA CLONE CONVERTIBLE
67 SS CHEVY NOVA,CAGED UP,TUBBED,FUEL CELL,ETC..IN THE WORKS.[67SSNOV]
91 INTEGRA ON 17'S
94 Ranger Getting lifted

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you don't have garage space for it and feel like you have to move on to bigger and better things then go ahead.

That's what I did and I regret it a little bit but I'd rather sell it to a guy then get it stolen out of my driveway and come back stripped.

Hele On
¯
Member # 4107

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hele On  Ford pictures for Hele On    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I regret selling my 67 fastback, especially now since I see how much P.O.S.. rusted out 67-68 fastbacks sell for on eBay! 6-8 thousand for a project? It's not like the fastbacks were that rare. It's almost the same with my notch, they're not so rare but the desirability is high! So as long as you look at it that way, the sticker shock won't hurt so much if you look to buy another one in the future...It's always sentimental, especially if you put some blood, sweat and tears into it.
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

well i got a garage space for it and i hella like the fact that i can just get out a wrench and work on it. as opposed to the cobra that is a little more computer based.

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Only cars I regret selling was my 68 coug and my 67 stang. Both when I was very young. If you are having doubts about selling it and or dont need to sell it. Keep it. My rules of thumb is "everything is for sale for the right price" and "never sell anything out of desparation". And normally when you aint trippin on selling something is when you can get the best price for it. People will come up and make offers and such, until then. Just enjoy your hard work. I almost sold my drop recently due to too many cars I would have regretted that.
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i regret selling my first stang...although it was a V6, i put A TON of money and time into it. Supercharged Boss Shinoda clone...I thought I was over it, since I kept experiencing problem after problem, but damn....that was a bad move.
Now looking back at it, I realized I got a couple sponsorships and free goodies for it because it was a pretty bad ass car. STUPID ME!

Now, my dad on the other hand knows he made the worst move ever. He restored a 1965 fastback 2+2 when I was still in grade school. I helped him work on it, holding things, cleaning things, etc...After about 4 years, it was cherry...immaculate...red on red! Then when I was finally getting my license, he knew that I was gonna take the car (since he promised it to me), so he sold it. He thought I'd get into too much troule with it and SOLD IT! I remind you, it was restored completely... and was sold under $8000 [Eek!] This was 1 year before "Gone in 60 Seconds" came out...I know that he feels REALLY dumb since a piece of shit fastback goes for about $8000 nowadays [Mad]

[ March 01, 2006, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: SydeWayzSix ]

Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I regret lemon lawing my 03 cobra. [Frown]

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Posts: 636 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I regret the dumb broad smashing in to my notchback and i regret not watching my droptop more carefully [Frown]

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've never regretted selling any of my stangs. Its only a fox body you'll get over it. Its not like its going to turn into a classic later on. You will move on to bigger and better things. Its just water under the bridge

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It has only been a few months for me, but I like to think my car was really nice [patriot] , and I still dont regret it. If the car is just gonna sit and never be used why keep it??? These cars are a dime a dozen, some are well maintained, others arent. Im sure you can always find another car to play around with if you find yourself hating your decision at which point you can try something new or build upon your last setup. Dont get me wrong, I miss having the car sometimes, but the money I got went to a great cause [Big Grin]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
sn8k
¯
Member # 574

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sn8k  Ford pictures for sn8k  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by boostin1.8:
every day i regret selling my stang and its been 3 years since ive sold it [Frown]

Told ya not to sell it Brian [Wink]

--------------------
Mark K...

| 2003 Cobra | 2001 Cobra | 89GT |

Posts: 180 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sell it if you have not, but if you can afford to keep it then i would suggest keeping it. it's all paid for, why sell it then wake up one morning and say to yourself "wish i had another fox." then having to go find one in the shape you want and working its way back to decent shape.

some guys have the dough to pick up an extra mustang and they usually don't regret selling any one of them b/c they can always pick up another one whenever they want.

i sold my '97 cobra to my brother last year b/c i wanted to get into the truck scene. got the money, got the truck, it's all looking good now. but every time i see a sweet cobra, i miss it. i didn't even have to sell it in the first place to get the truck. that's what i regret. now re-read what i wrote up top [Wink] .

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have seen the pics of your T top and it is clean. I wouldn't sell it. Just buy a bigger house with lots of land so you can buy and build a ton of cars. P.S. I still want your rims. lol

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Hele On:
I regret selling my 67 fastback, especially now since I see how much P.O.S.. rusted out 67-68 fastbacks sell for on eBay! 6-8 thousand for a project? It's not like the fastbacks were that rare. It's almost the same with my notch, they're not so rare but the desirability is high! So as long as you look at it that way, the sticker shock won't hurt so much if you look to buy another one in the future...It's always sentimental, especially if you put some blood, sweat and tears into it.

I feel you man.I can't sell my 67fastback it's my first car and spent way to much time with it..I got lucky when i bought it.only paid 2500 in 2000 and drove it home..lol

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com