Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Cupertino Crane accident

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Cupertino Crane accident
SPEC -Fabrication
¯
Member # 4980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPEC -Fabrication  Ford pictures for SPEC -Fabrication    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I work for BRAGG crane and wanted to let you guys in on some real good pics that I took [Big Grin] The news doesnt do us any justice. The wind side loaded the boom on monday night where the wind was recorded at 80MPH at 200' in the air over the mall. I will be pulling out the Boom with our 300ton Hydro rig and should be done by Friday, as for the damaged IRON they have it all repaired within a week or so.
No body was hurt!
 -

-

-

-

-

--------------------
1999 Saleen#124
1997 Tahoe
2006 ZX636R
CWS certified welder

Posts: 1321 | From: drinkin BEER! | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's amazing how a rigid structure like that can bend like spaghetti from mother nature. [Eek!]

Do the cranes normally come down on Gusty days or was it just not supported enough? I would think the ones building the bay bridges see those wind speeds every night at Winter.

Cool.

SPEC -Fabrication
¯
Member # 4980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPEC -Fabrication  Ford pictures for SPEC -Fabrication    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
YES, The tower cranes are built for more severe duty.

This set up was supposed to be lowered to the ground but the operator was not around to do so, I doubt he will be with the company after this [Roll Eyes] .
Our campany has already paid the 25K insurance deductable, This should go alittle above 17 Million + The crane alone is worth about 6 mil

At the end of every shift the crane is pointed with the wind to its back to prevent these hazards. In this situation it should have been lowered, because you dont want this going down in the street.tho it would have been much easier to clean up [Big Grin]

[ March 01, 2006, 01:37 AM: Message edited by: SPEC -Fabrication ]

--------------------
1999 Saleen#124
1997 Tahoe
2006 ZX636R
CWS certified welder

lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn.... 17mill, [Eek!] hard to believe. At least no one got hurt- [patriot]

--------------------
*NorCal

DOPE 50
¯
Member # 5892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DOPE 50  Ford pictures for DOPE 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey man was that at the Vallco mall or something,my boss told me about some shit happening there [Confused]

--------------------
94 COBRA CLONE CONVERTIBLE
67 SS CHEVY NOVA,CAGED UP,TUBBED,FUEL CELL,ETC..IN THE WORKS.[67SSNOV]
91 INTEGRA ON 17'S
94 Ranger Getting lifted

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
daaaaaaaaaaaaamnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn [Eek!]
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yames  Ford pictures for Yames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jesus, 80 mph? I heard it was 90 on Angel Island today, this weather is fuggin nuts.

--------------------
2003 Mach 1 (Good Bye For Now)
1993 Cadillac STS 4.6L V8 (Sold)
1994 Toyota Tercel

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Crazy shit, that crane bent those WF beams like butter.
SPEC -Fabrication
¯
Member # 4980

quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
Crazy shit, that crane bent those WF beams like butter.

YES this was a Vallco, Those W-56 beams bent lik ea mother****r, I saved a bunch of TC bolts that sheared in half. Thats crazy that the beam just didnt tear out.

--------------------
1999 Saleen#124
1997 Tahoe
2006 ZX636R
CWS certified welder

DRIVINFST
¯
Member # 2430

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DRIVINFST  Ford pictures for DRIVINFST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SPEC-Fabrication-
How did you get into the crane business? I work in HVAC and we always get our units lifted onto buildings with a crane, and I'm always in awww! I have always wanted to do something like that. By the way, BRAGG does awsome work on our big units.

Posts: 555 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com