Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Lock up your stangs this week

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Lock up your stangs this week
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know that my car, and many others, were stolen late at night on stormy/rainy nights. I've read that the low-lifes that steal cars do it when it's windy and rainy out so that they can't be heard as well.

So during this storm that should last for a while make sure that you're all extra careful and make sure your doors are locked, your alarms are armed, and all your other anti-theft devices are set up.

Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if u have another car, or a big ass work van like me, park ur ride in the drive way (if u have one) and block it in [patriot]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Actually funny thing a cop drove by my cousins house where I have a couple of my cars stored. He must have been a stang guy because he stopped and chatted about stangs for a bit. But anyway, he told me the same thing. About thieves doing this shit at night in storms. Lock em up ya'll. And go out and check your alarms when they go off. Some folks dont wanna go out in the cold. Stupid wind had my motion sensor/proximity going off like crazy. I checked everytime too.
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
we should all get togeather and set up a sting operation. one of us put a stang on the corner in a neigborhood where theres been alot of thefts. then when someone comes up to it then we all swarm em and give them a thurough ass kickin

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
we should all get togeather and set up a sting operation. one of us put a stang on the corner in a neigborhood where theres been alot of thefts. then when someone comes up to it then we all swarm em and give them a thurough ass kickin

[worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN ADVOCATIN FOR A WHILE NOW!!!!

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sf89lx:
quote:

[worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN ADVOCATIN FOR A WHILE NOW!!!!
Lets do it man. im down. all we need is a few more guys and someone with a project stang thats either got a hood or some ponys on it. Teach the theives that we aint playn

--------------------

lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MMMMM It really does make sense, shit I'm going to put all the ponys' in the stable. I hate this weather, can't drive the stang.... worst of all they are at a higher risk of being stolen. [BS flag]

--------------------
*Municipio Yanga Veracruz

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
stang is in the garage haven't driven it in this nasty weather anyway.
outlawd94cobra
SR.CITIZEN
Member # 265

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for outlawd94cobra  Ford pictures for outlawd94cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88gt:
I know that my car, and many others, were stolen late at night on stormy/rainy nights. I've read that the low-lifes that steal cars do it when it's windy and rainy out so that they can't be heard as well.

So during this storm that should last for a while make sure that you're all extra careful and make sure your doors are locked, your alarms are armed, and all your other anti-theft devices are set up.

Out here, although it happens a lot, its more of the dense fog nights when a lot of car thefts/burglaries happen.
Posts: 635 | From: Stockton, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sf89lx:
quote:

Lets do it man. im down. all we need is a few more guys and someone with a project stang thats either got a hood or some ponys on it. Teach the theives that we aint playn
[worship] i know im a chick and not hella big but a bat or some shit will help and i definitly think someone needs to do that shit fo sho or find the repair shops their takin them too and blow those fuckers up [patriot]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

jadesville
¯
Member # 5885

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jadesville  Ford pictures for jadesville  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
*unlocks car* maybe it will give me a reason not to go to work so i can get hurt more [Embarrassed]

--------------------
1968 Hardtop Coupe

Posts: 229 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was chilln at my boys house a while back and it was around 2am and my boy went out for a smoke and seen someone in his car lookin around so he went back inside and got me and three of our other friends yhat was in his house we snuck up on him the crook had two lookouts they ran and got away but the guy in the car we had trapped so we draged the guy in the garage and pummeled this guy for about an hour he was fucked up. let me tell you guys it feels good to catch a theif red handed [Big Grin]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
DOPE 50
¯
Member # 5892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DOPE 50  Ford pictures for DOPE 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
i was chilln at my boys house a while back and it was around 2am and my boy went out for a smoke and seen someone in his car lookin around so he went back inside and got me and three of our other friends yhat was in his house we snuck up on him the crook had two lookouts they ran and got away but the guy in the car we had trapped so we draged the guy in the garage and pummeled this guy for about an hour he was fucked up. let me tell you guys it feels good to catch a theif red handed [Big Grin]

hahahah holly shit are you seriuos man,what did you guys do to him,did you make him tell you who his buddies were and did you call the cops? [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
94 COBRA CLONE CONVERTIBLE
67 SS CHEVY NOVA,CAGED UP,TUBBED,FUEL CELL,ETC..IN THE WORKS.[67SSNOV]
91 INTEGRA ON 17'S
94 Ranger Getting lifted

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know all of you always say catch them in action and beat them up. I wonder if you guys heard what happened over the weekend in East Oakland? A 16yo. boy saw a guy trying to steal his friends car, so he called 5 of his freinds who were real close by and they approached the car theif, well before the guys could even jump at the theif the theif pulled a gun and opened fire on the guys. Killing the 16yo. Note this kid, it wasn't his car, he was just trying to do a stand up thing a stop the theft, and look what it got him. Nothing. Ya, saying you will do this and that, is cool. But don't be suprised if the guy trying to steal the car starts shooting at you first.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
live by gun die by one

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That would be kinda interesting to set up a cafords "sting" op like you guys suggested. If anyone in Sacramento wants to get something like this going, I'd be interested.

I will hide in the stang with a butter knife and scare the hell out of someone

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you guys are serious about doing a sting, I'd suggest you talk about the time, place, and car via PM. We all know that there are probably thieves lurking around on this board, so it would defeat the purpose if the word gets out [Wink]

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse  Ford pictures for crazyhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWayzSix:
if you guys are serious about doing a sting, I'd suggest you talk about the time, place, and car via PM. We all know that there are probably thieves lurking around on this board, so it would defeat the purpose if the word gets out [Wink]

I agree, although if you did that sting I dont think a thief would steal a car he hasn't checked out before. You would have to leave the car for a couple days before he goes for the bait.

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

man if anybodys down in the sac area then PM me

--------------------

Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperider  Ford pictures for Hyperider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88gt:

This is so true. You guys remember that stormy days of Thanksgiving weekend. My neighbor caught these two dudes casing my car with a flashlight at 6am. It was raining really hard that night and day and windy too. They took off when they saw my neighbor. Ever since that day every little noise I get up and check it out. We'll have a party if I catch them! But remember you can't just shoot somebody you caught stealing your car unless he tries to attack you with a gun or a weapon. If he just tries to punch you or something you still can't shoot the asshole, you have to punch him back only. My cop buddy told me you have to match the force. You can definitely point your gun at him and hold it up till the cops comes. But if he takes off you can't do anything. Doesn't that sucks!!! The law gives too much protections to the bad guys.

--------------------
04 Cobra

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Hyperider:
.....But remember you can't just shoot somebody you caught stealing your car unless he tries to attack you with a gun or a weapon. If he just tries to punch you or something you still can't shoot the asshole, you have to punch him back only. My cop buddy told me you have to match the force. You can definitely point your gun at him and hold it up till the cops comes. But if he takes off you can't do anything. Doesn't that sucks!!! The law gives too much protections to the bad guys.

That is hella true, I got caught up in that equal force law in highschool.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com