Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » anyone here ever install a LIGHTBAR on their vert?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone here ever install a LIGHTBAR on their vert?
Procharged2Kv6
¯
Member # 1563

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Procharged2Kv6  Ford pictures for Procharged2Kv6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone here ever install a lightbarr on their vert??

i was wondering because the only place i know charges as much as the lightbar itself...that's pretty pricey to me...

anyone know anyone that has the skill/knowledge/etc... to install one??

much appreciated...thanks! [patriot]

--------------------
2006 C6 Victory Red
Manual 6 Speed
Stock, For Now!

*SOLD*2003 Cobra Vert
*SOLD*Supercharged V6 Stang
(11PSI)

Posts: 579 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
does it have to be welded or anyhting? If its just bolted on, bring it to my house and lets do it. Holla at me...

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

Procharged2Kv6
¯
Member # 1563

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Procharged2Kv6  Ford pictures for Procharged2Kv6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWayzSix:
does it have to be welded or anyhting? If its just bolted on, bring it to my house and lets do it. Holla at me...

pm bro!

--------------------
2006 C6 Victory Red
Manual 6 Speed
Stock, For Now!

*SOLD*2003 Cobra Vert
(11PSI)

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It sucks but very dooable.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not that difficult, but I would not bother installing one because all they do is alter the look of the car and offer no roll over resistance or chassis stiffness. Basically, If you want to stiffen up your convertible, the light bar is worthless. You would be better off putting in a real roll bar in your cobra. Some time next month, I will be welding in a Griggs Racing 4 point convertible roll bar on my 01 Cobra and I will have pics of the install when the project is done.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's pretty easy to do I had one on my other vert. (I put it on). But depending on the look of your car and color I think it has a good possibility of not looking as good as you think. Good luck.
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not worth it. Install a roll bar instead.
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
Not worth it. Install a roll bar instead.

I like mine. Mine was installed by John B. He did a great job. [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
very easy to install and everyone who says it wont protect you in a rollover dont know what they are talking about theres a guy on this site who rolled his car and if not for that he would not be here as for stiffness does nothing

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Procharged2Kv6
¯
Member # 1563

thanks for the replies everyone.. much appreciated! [patriot]

--------------------
2006 C6 Victory Red
Manual 6 Speed
Stock, For Now!

*SOLD*2003 Cobra Vert
(11PSI)

DementedGT
¯
Member # 1463

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DementedGT  Ford pictures for DementedGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
very easy to install and everyone who says it wont protect you in a rollover dont know what they are talking about theres a guy on this site who rolled his car and if not for that he would not be here as for stiffness does nothing

I remember some pics from a long time ago of a vert that hit a fire hydrant rolled two or three times and the 3 people in it only had minor injuries..
Posts: 275 | From: SF Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
Not that difficult, but I would not bother installing one because all they do is alter the look of the car and offer no roll over resistance or chassis stiffness. Basically, If you want to stiffen up your convertible, the light bar is worthless. You would be better off putting in a real roll bar in your cobra. Some time next month, I will be welding in a Griggs Racing 4 point convertible roll bar on my 01 Cobra and I will have pics of the install when the project is done.

They aren't meant for safety but they saved two peoples lives on this site, Navid and Sideways94. They rolled the mustang and if it weren't for the styling bar they would be dead.
Also, I have installed one and it is not difficult at all, it takes about four to six hours. Just follow the instruction and you can do it yourself.
 -

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
UKCobra
¯
Member # 1240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UKCobra  Ford pictures for UKCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have one on the Pace Car, it was fitted by the previous owner, from what I can see, it's a simple installation, and if you have some patience, you could do it yourself by following the instructions.

Personally, I would have preferred it if it had not been installed, but once it's on, its very difficult to patch it back up, as you do screw into the plastic trim in the rear.

Mark

--------------------
1994 Mustang Cobra Pace Car #938
1995 Mustang Cobra R #61

Posts: 436 | From: Reading, UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: May 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com