Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » New car advise (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: New car advise
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ November 03, 2006, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If your going to end up putting your money into the 06 then you might as well get the gto there hella clean and you wont be putting money into it to make it go fast cuz its your wife's daily driver, and not a mustang. But dont get me wrong though [worship] [worship] mustang

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ November 03, 2006, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by season'd 88:
quote:
Originally posted by PWR HNGRY 302:
If your going to end up putting your money into the 06 then you might as well get the gto there hella clean and you wont be putting money into it to make it go fast cuz its your wife's daily driver, and not a mustang. But dont get me wrong though [worship] [worship] mustang

I agree with most of this. Guess i just need someone to talk me out of the pontiac [Confused]
The GTO seems like a decent car and she definatly wants a two door.

if you can get ur hands on fast fords and muscle mustangs issue from a couple months ago, I forgot what month,, but they did a side by side comparison of the two cars. obviously they had biases being a ford magazine, but think about it,,,in the end its still a pontiac [Roll Eyes] and a mustang is AWLAYS a STang!

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apexmotorsports  Ford pictures for Apexmotorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I honestly like the look of the Mustang ALOT more than the GTO. The GTO looks like a Grandam on steroids to me.
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sf89lx:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PWR HNGRY 302:

I agree with most of this. Guess i just need someone to talk me out of the pontiac [Confused]
The GTO seems like a decent car and she definatly wants a two door.

if you can get ur hands on fast fords and muscle mustangs issue from a couple months ago, I forgot what month,, but they did a side by side comparison of the two cars. obviously they had biases being a ford magazine, but think about it,,,in the end its still a pontiac [Roll Eyes] and a mustang is AWLAYS a STang!
Fukk GM. [patriot]

--------------------
86' LX Vert

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you test drove the GTO's? I wasn't impressed, it doesn't have that "kick u back in your seat feel" plus I don't think the style of the car looks right. get the mustang and spend the $3000 difference to give you that extra power. Then you will have the look you like, the power you want and another blue oval in the drive way. [patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

[ November 03, 2006, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

[ November 03, 2006, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

SmokeyBurnout
¯
Member # 5745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokeyBurnout  Ford pictures for SmokeyBurnout    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The GTO looks like a toyota solara to me. [Frown] Get the Mustang! [burnout]

Check it out.

Solora: http://www.toyota.com/camrysolara/exterior.html

GTO:
http://www.pontiac.com/gto/360.jsp

[ February 07, 2006, 01:08 AM: Message edited by: SmokeyBurnout ]

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

[ November 03, 2006, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

SmokeyBurnout
¯
Member # 5745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokeyBurnout  Ford pictures for SmokeyBurnout    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SmokeyBurnout:
The GTO looks like a toyota solara to me. [Frown] Get the Mustang! [burnout]

Check it out.

Solora: http://www.toyota.com/camrysolara/exterior.html

GTO:
http://www.pontiac.com/gto/360.jsp

OMG HAHAHA!!! now thats the kind of stuff i needed.
Hehehe, I knew that would do it! LOL! [Razz]
Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you choose your parts right for the stang,its really not that much money. And I feel I have gained alot for just a couple nic nacs on the stang.

-$325--Xcal1
--$40--K&N Drop in
-$190--Steeda U/D's
-$120--BMR LCA's
-$180--Hurst shifter w/ball
-$150--Jegs O/R H
-$220--SLP Loudmouth Axle back
----
$1225

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

[ November 03, 2006, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Apexmotorsports:
I honestly like the look of the Mustang ALOT more than the GTO. The GTO looks like a Grandam on steroids to me.

I actually was looking at the GTO as a more mundane type of car with reasonable performance attributes. I like the new mustang very much im just not overjoyed with a few things. Why the hell cant they put a 6 spd in it allready???? Open the door sit down and WHOA!!! scoot over..watch out for that e brake. The shifter is too short and too close to the dash..a real knuckle buster according to a car hauling cohort of mine. I see real world gas guzzling gerth with lazy acceleration in this car but i could be wrong.
I have never had a issue with the ebrake or my knuckles,infact the stock shifter is quite a bit better then previuos stangs. The stock tune could be considered "lazy" though.

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

1990Silver5.0
¯
Member # 6210

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990Silver5.0  Ford pictures for 1990Silver5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The gto kinda looks like a honda 2 me. [Big Grin]

--------------------
1995 Impala SS
1992 GT Convert. 5.0 auto -sold-
1990 Lx Convert. 5.0(parted)
1992 Lx Hatchback 5.0-sold-:)
1990 5.0 Notchback -SOLD-:(

yohuallin
¯
Member # 4452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yohuallin  Ford pictures for yohuallin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if it is for the wife ill get a acura, they are clean, quick and good in gas milage plus they are quiet and comfortable as fukk
Posts: 359 | From: sacramento | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

[ March 19, 2006, 06:26 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

[ March 19, 2006, 06:27 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

I haven't heard anything bad about the gto's from the people that own them. The only thing I don't like is you can't fit wide rims and tires on them,your stuck with a 7-8 rim. That and the traction control somtimes can't even be tuned out. A guy at the track was having problms with his TCS kicking on.

You could wait for the new challenger,or camaro if your not in a rush.

GTO= Good quality,good power stock,6 speed,bland looks.
Stang=Decent quality,Ok power stock,billions of upgrades,killer looks.

I know wich one I chose [Big Grin]

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rhett have you considered the new Charger. Even though its a 4door it still looks good and moves pretty damn good.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

[ March 19, 2006, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rhett-
You HAVE to go drive the new Mustang. It is so moch stiffer and handles so much better than the previous Foxes it is amazing. Get an SCT tune for close to 300rwhp http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/03/HighFive/index.php,
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/05/05CPR/index.php
Flowmasters http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/03/05Mufflers/

pullies, intake tube and call it a driver! Come back and tell us your thoughts AFTER driving one. [patriot]

[ February 08, 2006, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: FasterDamnit ]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
either one, STS turbo kit, DONE!!

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought they compared an 05 to a GTO, but its close enough,, i think the info on the GTO is still relevant to what your looing at,, good luck
http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/0407mm_mach/index.html
and ya if you look at it,, the GTO does look really plain
 -

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com