Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Chuck Liddel defends belt

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Chuck Liddel defends belt
1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who else just saw liddel destroy coture for the second consecutive time. It was such a great moment for us down in SLO [Big Grin]
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
n/m

[ February 05, 2006, 02:13 AM: Message edited by: HaulinAssMaro ]

Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not me,was it good?

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He lost? Damn. I wanted Couture to come back and win so we could have a Liddel vs Couture a fourth time around. I firmly believe that those two guys are still the top 2 guys in that division. My question is will Liddel ever move up a weight to see if he could handle the big boys in the heavyweight division like Couture could....

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2011 Porsche 911 TurboS/AWD
2014 GSXR750
2002 GSXR750 Track Beater Bike
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
couture came down from heavy weights to light heavyweihts.. i was hoping randy would really take the victory but i kenw it'd be hard..
forget the typos.. but i'm so fucking drunk, it's not even funy. [patriot] [patriot] [dance] [dance]
tonight.. i kept on toasting to Randy.. all my friends were like wtf...
im gonna have such a headache tomorrow. [Whoo Whooooo!]
Randy is a true hero. [patriot]

[ February 05, 2006, 04:00 AM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
iceman pretty much had that one in the bag. i dont think anyone in the LHW division has a chance against this guy unless ufc throws some cash down and bring quinton rampage.

the big upset id have to say was mir losing to cruz. that cut above his eye really screwed him up where he was trying to defend on the ground blindly...shit happens.

also, diaz losing to rigs was a disappointment. anyone hear that post fight at the hospital the fight continued with diaz sucker punching riggs. talk about WWE.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperider  Ford pictures for Hyperider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
liddell is the man!!! [worship] can't wait for the royce gracie and hughe's fight. what do you guys think? i think gracie is too old now.
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
also, diaz losing to rigs was a disappointment. anyone hear that post fight at the hospital the fight continued with diaz sucker punching riggs. talk about WWE.

Diaz is a cocky mofo.. i liked him before he started talking so much shit against Diego Sanchez. i was hoping he'd win, he should have finished griggs up on the first round. i didn't think it was a fair decision by the judges.
where did you hear about the sucker punch? i also think it is bs that they let fighters cut so much weight to be in lower weight classes. look at riggs.. he was clearly havier, bigger than Diaz, easily over 210 pounds. he should have the balls and fight with the big boys where he belongs.

quote:
Originally posted by Hyperider:
liddell is the man!!! [worship] can't wait for the royce gracie and hughe's fight. what do you guys think? i think gracie is too old now.

i think that is the stupidest thing ever. Gracie was one of the greatest back in the day.. but he's been gone for to long. if you think about it. they are making someone fight who was great on his prime but hasn't consistenly fought for over ten years against the best hands down at this moment in time. I really hope gracie wins, but i think matt has this in the bag.

[ February 05, 2006, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

NO MA'AM
¯
Member # 729

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NO MA'AM  Ford pictures for NO MA'AM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont know the guys name but he was a bald looking black guy who quickly beat the shiat out of some white dude. After the fight I thought he was funny as hell; he was just talking shiat and running his mouth. On another note, Couture is a true professional, did you guys see him taking pictures and signing autographs after the fight. I wish most fighters were like him after defeat.
Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperider  Ford pictures for Hyperider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:

Diaz is a cocky mofo.. i liked him before he started talking so much shit against Diego Sanchez. i was hoping he'd win, he should have finished griggs up on the first round. i didn't think it was a fair decision by the judges.
where did you hear about the sucker punch? i also think it is bs that they let fighters cut so much weight to be in lower weight classes. look at riggs.. he was clearly havier, bigger than Diaz, easily over 210 pounds. he should have the balls and fight with the big boys where he belongs.

quote:
Originally posted by Hyperider:

i think that is the stupidest thing ever. Gracie was one of the greatest back in the day.. but he's been gone for to long. if you think about it. they are making someone fight who was great on his prime but hasn't consistenly fought for over ten years against the best hands down at this moment in time. I really hope gracie wins, but i think matt has this in the bag.

yeah, same here me and my buddies all think Matt's got this one. He's freaking strong as hell and he's got his ground game down too. gracie is only good at ground fighting. Back then the techniques on ju jit su wasn't well known. nowadays all mixed martial artist knows the tricks on ground fighting.
AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Royce Gracie still fights, it's just not in UFC. All the worlds greatest fighters go to japan and fight in PRIDE. They have the biggest purses and best competition. That where all the Gracies have been competeing. Chuck Liddell went over there and got whooped up on. Quentin Jackson put a beat down on him in a UFC vs. Pride event. You have 2 good fighters in the light heavy weight class in UFC and in Pride there's about 10 guys who stand out in their class. Wanderlei Silva is the champion in Pride at Chucks weight and he'd rip chuck apart. He's nasty

[ February 05, 2006, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: AaronC ]

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah I was dissapointed to see Diaz lose too, but I think the Buenetello fight was wone of the better/ funnier fights. The other guy just came out swinging abd buenetello just picked him apatr and seemed to toy with him. He just couldn't hang with the difference in skill. I was just juiced to see Liddel destroy Coture in a great fight. Coture admitted that he was at the top of his game.
putter
¯
Member # 4253

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for putter  Ford pictures for putter    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AaronC is a real fight fan. Yes, gracie still fights in pride, liddel will have his hands full with silva. You guys who dont know Pride are missing out on like 70% of the good fighters.

Frank losing WAS the worst part of the night for me, but, hey its fighting he got his eye cut and lost! thats why they have rematches.

[ February 06, 2006, 02:27 AM: Message edited by: putter ]

--------------------
KEEP THE SHIT REAL!
Is someone posting a bunch of B/S and lies? PM me Ill bust em out for ya!
Sellers Beware WayfastYtee "BAD TRADER"

Posts: 626 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
royce only fought in two pride fights dating back a few years ago and his most recent fights were in k-1. he's been scheduled to fight numerous time but due to various reasons the fights never happen. the past few years hes been very cautious in selecting his opponents and usually has some "special" rules most likely to protect his icon status and record.

hes well respected in mma but its a known fact that he's well past his prime and there are many fighters in WW that could hand him an ass kicking, hughes included.

check out sherdog.com. there are tons of threads on this subject.

pride is bad ass as far as HW/LHW are concerned but they lack in the WW division where UFC shines. thats not to say UFC will come up in the future with some quality HW/LHW.
[URL=royces mma record]http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?fighterID=19[/URL]

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Gracie hasn't really fought since 1995. he's only had 5 fights since then.. that's nothing. 5 fights in over 10 years?
i really hope he wins just so matt stops being so arrogant.. but i don't see it happening cause matt is in his prime and Gracie is on the down slope of his athletic life.

--------------------
=(

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
Gracie hasn't really fought since 1995. he's only had 5 fights since then.. that's nothing. 5 fights in over 10 years?
i really hope he wins just so matt stops being so arrogant.. but i don't see it happening cause matt is in his prime and Gracie is on the down slope of his athletic life.

i wonder how much ufc is paying royce to come back.
in time either george st pierre or bj penn will be champion. GSP title shot is well overdue and its as if ufc is protecting hughes by throwing in riggs and karo for title fights. if you look at the ppl gsp has beaten there is really no one else left besides penn and hughes.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that was a great fight night. kinda sucked that he slipped and his face was WIDE open. but that shit happens. once again im very impressed with how professional he was when he lost. [worship]

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
04cobreezy
¯
Member # 6416

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobreezy  Ford pictures for 04cobreezy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have great respect for all fighter, but i'd like to see them fight in pride fighting. UFC has gotten a little soft and all the fighters seem to wanna knock someone out. i like the technical side too...

--------------------
-stop internet bangin!!!

-"you don't have to like me, but you better respect me!"

04 cobra convertible sold
89 notch
05 500 SEL
06 F150

Posts: 109 | From: El Dorado Hills | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
STREETFIGHTER50
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, I like Pride's rules better. UFC did get soft over the years.
:
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by t top freak:
that was a great fight night. kinda sucked that he slipped and his face was WIDE open. but that shit happens. once again im very impressed with how professional he was when he lost. [worship]

i wouldnt call it a slip. it was more of a knockout punch that made it appear that he slipped. he was already seeing stars when we was on the ground or else he wouldve defended those unanswered1 blows.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by STREETFIGHTER50:
Yeah, I like Pride's rules better. UFC did get soft over the years.

hmm..i wouldnt consider the rules being soft on the ufc side. there are just slight differences such as:
ufc
downed man may not be kicked in the head
pride
soccer kicks to the head are nice
ufc
elbows are welcomed
pride
no elbow strikes
im sure there are other rules but i cant remember em.

[ February 08, 2006, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by t top freak:

i wouldnt call it a slip. it was more of a knockout punch that made it appear that he slipped. he was already seeing stars when we was on the ground or else he wouldve defended those unanswered1 blows.
if you look at the fight carefully you can see couture slipping right as he tried punch chunk. he came up short becuase he slipped and chuck countered and he went down... he wasn't out when he went down. i think he might have been dizzy, he rolled and covered his face but chuck got him again and he was out after that.

--------------------
=(

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com