Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » It's Black History Month so...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: It's Black History Month so...
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
let's talk about it. Let's make it a game.

Anyone know the story of Emmit Till? In my opinion his story is what spark the civil rights movement.

Question 1. What year and city did this take place in?

[ February 03, 2006, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: 306Coupe ]

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Please do not make this thread a race bashing thing just history. I saw something briefly on T.V. last night about the first black to win the Heisman trophy. He died at the age of 23 of leukemia.

Question 2. What is his name? What year was this?

[ February 03, 2006, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: 306Coupe ]

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know it was 1955 and I think it was in Money Mississippi. Or was it Tupalo. But yes I think it gave birth to the Human Rights movement.

Got a good one.
What patents do boxings 1st African American Heavyweight Champion hold?

And who is the first African American Heavyweight Boxing Champion?

And who did he beat?

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Article of the Emmitt Till story
http://www.africanaonline.com/emmett_till_the_boy.htm

And yes it was in 1955 in Money Mississippi in the heart of the South. This was the first time the country saw what was really going on in the south and actually got involved. They had the boy's disfigured picture in national magazines everywhere. They found the two white men not guilty based on the ruling that they couldn't identify the boy's face.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

quote:
Originally posted by n8y8:
I know it was 1955 and I think it was in Money Mississippi. Or was it Tupalo. But yes I think it gave birth to the Human Rights movement.

Got a good one.
What patents do boxings 1st African American Heavyweight Champion hold?

And who is the first African American Heavyweight Boxing Champion?

Jack Johnson beat two opponents the first was an Austrilian guy named Tommy Burns and the second was Jeffries . the patent was a wrench, don't know the name of it

[ February 03, 2006, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: 306Coupe ]

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He patented a wrench, that from what was told to me has been used and of course been expanded upon by craftsman.

http://inventors.about.com/od/wstartinventions/ss/wrench.htm

urwtdrm
¯
Member # 4164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for urwtdrm  Ford pictures for urwtdrm    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What month is white history month again?

--------------------
It's ok to be fast.

Posts: 346 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

quote:
Originally posted by urwtdrm:

March till January... lol

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

urwtdrm
¯
Member # 4164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for urwtdrm  Ford pictures for urwtdrm    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lmao nice.

--------------------
It's ok to be fast.

Posts: 346 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Just to let folks know that may not. The civil rights movement did much more than gain equal rights for African Americans it did it for all minorities across the board. Mexicans, Asians, women and there are some instances of whites being the minority and being discriminated against. Women were heavily discriminated against before the movement. And black history month is more than a time to stroke the egos of African Americans. But more to reflect on our contributions to society that because of Amercias dark past has been clouded or otherwise hid.

So stories like Emmitt Till, Dr. King and even Corretta Scott King is good stuff to know because it is American History.

[ February 03, 2006, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: n8y8 ]

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for that info those were facts i didnt know i guess that why i always only buy craftsman i never knew that but will be passing that on all the time now thanks guys keep it coming

[ February 03, 2006, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: svt306snake ]

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Interesting stuff

Check out this link for some more info on Africa America inventors
http://inventors.about.com/library/blblackinventors.htm

You'll be surprised some the things invented by African Americans that are either used today or lead to emerging technologies.

5.0Caliber
¯
Member # 5865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Caliber  Ford pictures for 5.0Caliber    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Isnt it kind of ironic that a black man invented the cotton gin???? I know the whole story behind it but still ironic.

--------------------
Non-rice 05 Civic LX

Im a rookie all over again.

# 4904

84GT5.0
¯
Member # 5227

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84GT5.0  Ford pictures for 84GT5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
quote:

lmao!!! except for cinco de mayo. i guess somewhere they decided mexicans only get a day lol

--------------------
RIP Russell W. Krill

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by 5.0Caliber:
Isnt it kind of ironic that a black man invented the cotton gin???? I know the whole story behind it but still ironic.

I'd want to invent something that made my job easier too!
tama98
¯
Member # 6167

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tama98  Ford pictures for tama98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 84GT5.0:
quote:
quote:

lmao!!! except for cinco de mayo. i guess somewhere they decided mexicans only get a day lol
fuckin chris hahah made my ass laugh.
03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SHKER  Ford pictures for 03SHKER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
:Hijacking in progress:
(I don't think there should be a specific month. Why not remember it all the time? Who cares what race you are. We're all together in this life. Haters can go to the sun.)
:Hijacking complete:

--------------------
chris@apexmotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Blvd. Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Who was the first African american to win a nascar event? What year?

[ February 03, 2006, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: 306Coupe ]

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

MustyTang
I love chocolate girls
Member # 896

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustyTang  Ford pictures for MustyTang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Giving a little [patriot] to Jackie Robinson.

This has been my wallpaper for awhile now
 -

Posts: 2178 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
LIL MZ MISCHEIF
¯
Member # 5585

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LIL MZ MISCHEIF  Ford pictures for LIL MZ MISCHEIF    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Who was the first African american to win a nascar event? What year?

im gnna have to say Wendell Oliver Scott. found it on the internet... and im gnna guess 1959 .... here's the link..
Wendell Scott

--------------------
2009 Ford Fusion
03 XR-50
www.myspace.com/joeymuthafuckinramos[/URL] www.girlsfmx.com

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com