Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Only ford vehicles to park in the dearborn plant.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Only ford vehicles to park in the dearborn plant.
klonoa
¯
Member # 1771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for klonoa  Ford pictures for klonoa    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ford bans competitors' vehicles from lot
Firm's Dearborn Truck Plant will require employees to drive a Ford or park across the street.
By David Ellis, CNNMoney.com staff writer
January 27, 2006: 2:31 PM EST

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - Employees at Ford's Dearborn Truck Plant in Dearborn, Mich., will have to drive Ford Motor Co. vehicles to work or park across the street, the plant manager announced earlier this week.

The new parking policy, which is scheduled to take effect Feb. 1, was instituted by plant manager Rob Webber just as Ford reported losses of $1.6 billion from its North American auto operations in 2005 and Monday announced plans to close 14 plants and cut 30,000 jobs as it tries to reverse losses and respond to declining U.S. market share.

The Dearborn Truck Plant, which represents one portion of the Rouge facility, has 2,600 union employees and makes the F-150 pickup truck, the best selling vehicle in the United States.

A Ford spokesman told CNNMoney the company supported the move, although it had not been extended to the other North American manufacturing facilities.

Officials with UAW Local 600, who backed the announcement, are scheduled to conduct talks with management next week to finalize the details and discuss expanding the ban across the entire Rouge facility, union president Jerry Sullivan told CNNMoney.

"There has to be something put in place to grab people's attention and to make a statement that this is a serious thing," said Sullivan, whose union represents approximately 8,000 workers at the larger Rouge complex. "It's up to us to stand up and do what is right and to drive a vehicle from the company you work for."

The Dearborn Truck Plant parking policy will allow vehicles made by non-U.S. Ford brands such as Mazda, Volvo and Land Rover, Sullivan said.

The Detroit News, which first reported the story Friday, said the new parking policy in Dearborn was embraced by factory employees at a meeting to discuss the auto manufacturer's latest restructuring plan.

But one plant employee, who did not want to be quoted, told the paper he wasn't happy he would no longer be able to drive his Chrysler to the factory.

"They can't tell you how to spend your money," said one veteran tradesman. "It's still a free country." He said he got a better deal on his Chrysler than he could on a Ford.

"I got to go where I can get the most bang for my buck," he said.

Another Dearborn Truck employee told the newspaper he approved the move, though.

"You buy what you build," said Rufus McWilliams. "That only makes sense."

The Detroit Truck Plant opened in 2004 as part of the $2 billion renovation of the company's 1,100-acre Rouge facility, the paper reported.

Ford aint playing.

--------------------
2003 Mustang Cobra - 454 rwhp - 470rwtq
Ex. 2001 vortech'ed v6.

Posts: 938 | From: Richmond, Cali. | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
84GT5.0
¯
Member # 5227

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84GT5.0  Ford pictures for 84GT5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by klonoa:
Ford bans competitors' vehicles from lot
Firm's Dearborn Truck Plant will require employees to drive a Ford or park across the street.
By David Ellis, CNNMoney.com staff writer
January 27, 2006: 2:31 PM EST

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - Employees at Ford's Dearborn Truck Plant in Dearborn, Mich., will have to drive Ford Motor Co. vehicles to work or park across the street, the plant manager announced earlier this week.

The new parking policy, which is scheduled to take effect Feb. 1, was instituted by plant manager Rob Webber just as Ford reported losses of $1.6 billion from its North American auto operations in 2005 and Monday announced plans to close 14 plants and cut 30,000 jobs as it tries to reverse losses and respond to declining U.S. market share.

The Dearborn Truck Plant, which represents one portion of the Rouge facility, has 2,600 union employees and makes the F-150 pickup truck, the best selling vehicle in the United States.

A Ford spokesman told CNNMoney the company supported the move, although it had not been extended to the other North American manufacturing facilities.

Officials with UAW Local 600, who backed the announcement, are scheduled to conduct talks with management next week to finalize the details and discuss expanding the ban across the entire Rouge facility, union president Jerry Sullivan told CNNMoney.

"There has to be something put in place to grab people's attention and to make a statement that this is a serious thing," said Sullivan, whose union represents approximately 8,000 workers at the larger Rouge complex. "It's up to us to stand up and do what is right and to drive a vehicle from the company you work for."

The Dearborn Truck Plant parking policy will allow vehicles made by non-U.S. Ford brands such as Mazda, Volvo and Land Rover, Sullivan said.

The Detroit News, which first reported the story Friday, said the new parking policy in Dearborn was embraced by factory employees at a meeting to discuss the auto manufacturer's latest restructuring plan.

But one plant employee, who did not want to be quoted, told the paper he wasn't happy he would no longer be able to drive his Chrysler to the factory.

"They can't tell you how to spend your money," said one veteran tradesman. "It's still a free country." He said he got a better deal on his Chrysler than he could on a Ford.

"I got to go where I can get the most bang for my buck," he said.

Another Dearborn Truck employee told the newspaper he approved the move, though.

The Detroit Truck Plant opened in 2004 as part of the $2 billion renovation of the company's 1,100-acre Rouge facility, the paper reported.

Ford aint playing.

i agree with the drive what you build theory to an extent. some people just work there because thats all they could fing for work. Also some people may only be able to afford a kia or whatever. I guess its all a matter of opinion, and in this case its the plamt managers, opinion that matters

--------------------
RIP Russell W. Krill

5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Rufus then chuged the rest of his Budweiser and yelled out, "Fuck going to work on Monday, I'm getting fucked up this weekend."

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
84GT5.0
¯
Member # 5227

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84GT5.0  Ford pictures for 84GT5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5OHS5OH:
quote:
Rufus then chuged the rest of his Budweiser and yelled out, "Fuck going to work on Monday, I'm getting fucked up this weekend."
omg!!!!!!! I dont care who you are, thats some funny stuff right there

--------------------
RIP Russell W. Krill

87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87GeeTee  Ford pictures for 87GeeTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Welcome to The Mile High Club. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Member #: 5145
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

2002 GT; Gone But Not Forgotten
1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

Posts: 4278 | From: San Pablo | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a well built car is still shitty when idiots designed it

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's a great idea!....Basically, rewarding all the workers, who take pride in their work [worship] ...For everyone else, who'd rather buy a Nissan, Toyota or whatever, and then wonders why their job is in jepardy make them park across the street!...

[patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hahaha this is a great Idea! I believe you should have pride in what you do..... I agree with this idea 100%

Its like having a verizon phone when you work for cingular, sorry it just doesn't work. I have the same deal with my worker if they have other providers they must leave there phone in the back if they have cingular they can answere it anytime.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
84GT5.0
¯
Member # 5227

when you work for a company that is the manufacturer of a product, such as ford or a company that offers a service, such as cingular, do the employees get special pricing, or are the differences negligable? I know if i worked for ford, and got hooked up id buy a ford...well i already own one, but you guys get what i mean.

--------------------
RIP Russell W. Krill

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought i used to be fucked up when i thought people that work at dealerships and shit shouldnt be allowed to park their car made by other manufactures on the lot. I understand u may be able to get other cars cheaper, but like someone posted above, Have pride in what u build/sell etc. I know if i worked for ford id park my pos OZ Lancer a block away with no beef and id continue to do so till i could afford my 03 cobra....then id park with pride [Big Grin] I support their choice [patriot] Jus my .02

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlackNGold:
...For everyone else, who'd rather buy a Nissan, Toyota or whatever, and then wonders why their job is in jepardy make them park across the street!...

[patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

You said it right there brother. Times like these I don't blame the new parking rule.
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When I used to work as a tech at a Ford dealer, I was one of very few employees that actually drove a Ford product. [Confused]

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5OHS5OH:
quote:
LOL

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When we went to get my dad's Lightning we went to Shamrock Ford in Dublin and we were talking to the dealership manager and we found out he drove a BMW. We left and bought the Lightning from Walnut Creek Ford were the dealership manager owned a SVO with a smaller pulley [Wink]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That has to be one of the most rediculous things I have ever read.

[ January 27, 2006, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man I'd hate to have a job at a Ferrari plant, I'd need a 30-year mortgage to get to work.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Naw, you could re-badge your Tempo, paint it red, I don't think anyone at Ferrari would even notice.... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think they did the same thing back in the 70's when Toyota or Honda outsold American manufacturers. I remember watching some show on the History Channel about the American automotive industry, they showed a bunch of disgruntled union workers smashing up a Corolla.

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

Avengeance
¯
Member # 5163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avengeance  Ford pictures for Avengeance    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TrueBlue:

I agree... and I wouldnt doubt there will be some discrimination lawsuits coming up. There is a line and Ford just crossed it.

Fuckin stupid.

--------------------
02' Limited Edition 35th Ann. SS
620rwhp/570rwtq. 10.6 @ 132mph.

PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Avengeance:
quote:

I agree... and I wouldnt doubt there will be some discrimination lawsuits coming up. There is a line and Ford just crossed it.

Fuckin stupid.

That is hella dumb, oh well [Razz]

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

quote:
Originally posted by PWR HNGRY 302:
quote:
Originally posted by Avengeance:
quote:

Fuckin stupid.

That is hella dumb, oh well [Razz]
My step Grandfather worked for GM for YEARS...He only buys GM products, you know why?...Because that's whos paying his bills, medical, and all his retiring funds...Not to mention the fact that he got payed well all the years he worked for them and now enjoys his rich retired life because of GM... [patriot]

You don't bite the hand that feeds you.....

On the other hand the owner of Dublin Toyota drives a 05 Ford Super Duty...Can you blame him?... [Razz]

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com