Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » pocket bike poll

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: pocket bike poll
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i gotta question
how many of you think pocket bikes will be a hot item this summer again?
how many of you think youll end up buying one?
whats the max youd pay for one?
just seeing if i should buy more or not thanks ppl

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think the fad is dead, also they are total peices of crap at one time we had 20 of them selling them and we spent a good time fixing little things right out of the box..Id pay max 100 bucks for one

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea thats over now i use to have one but they break easily it was too much of a hassle so i sold it i don't see too many people with them now. But it was fun while it lasted.

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think it depends on the quality. I have a cheap 47cc pocket bike and have had nothing but problems with it. Everything keeps breaking so its really not that fun.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperider  Ford pictures for Hyperider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I also think it'sdead. Unless you have a big parking lot or land you could ride it on it's cool or join an racing club for track use only. but it's illegal to ride it on the street now. we bought one for $300 bucks and now it's just being moth balled.
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Hyperider:
I also think it'sdead. Unless you have a big parking lot or land you could ride it on it's cool or join an racing club for track use only. but it's illegal to ride it on the street now. we bought one for $300 bucks and now it's just being moth balled.

those things are done they were a gang of these around but they all got sold after we rode them for a while like he says they are illegal to ride now not worth the trouble get a ysr and do it for real wish i never sold my ysr it was a bad little cat even with my big ass on it

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by svt306snake:
quote:
Originally posted by Hyperider:

those things are done they were a gang of these around but they all got sold after we rode them for a while like he says they are illegal to ride now not worth the trouble get a ysr and do it for real wish i never sold my ysr it was a bad little cat even with my big ass on it
LMAO I just had a visual T. [Big Grin]

Was it a 50 or 80?

[ January 18, 2006, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: Fostang ]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there wasnt much to see sal i covered the whole thang man and how the hell are you man long time no see or hear hope all is good in the new profession man

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i wouldn't waste my money.

My friend was talking about a Fast 50. Top speed is 60mph. Hes getting one this weekend.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Those things are played out like Marbles.

I played with a friends for an afternoon and ripped the starter cable right out. I guess you get what you pay for though.

Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anything from China is junk. Those pocketbikes are a joke, they lasted for about a month. Now it's the Honda CRF50 knock off's with big bars, forks, shock, and a 110 engine. I've ridden an Extreme 110 and felt like a trainweck, I'd never jump it.

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got the real deal crf50 and they are tons of fun! and u can take them anywhere to the races and what not i wont devote all my time to it but lots of fun to play around on and worth the money those knock offs jus break and cant buy parts!
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pocket bikes are gay and were always gay! They are so small and just suck, always brake down, never run etc. If you want ot get a toy like that get a little 50. You going to pay more for it but in the long run you will have a lot less headache.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
OldSchoolFormula
¯
Member # 823

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OldSchoolFormula  Ford pictures for OldSchoolFormula    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My brother just got popped on the street for riding one. They impounded the damnthing, brought out the flatbed and all. No insurance, no registration, no helmet + impound. [Eek!] First time hes ever ridden one as its a friends.

Being as Ive never had anything impounded, what happens if you don't want it back? Still get nailed with all the impound fees and stuff? Seems silly to get hit with $1200 impound (or whatever) for a couple hundred dollar piece of junk.

--------------------
1973 Formula 400

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by OldSchoolFormula:
They impounded the damnthing, brought out the flatbed and all.

Flatbead?!?!?! Why the hell didnt they just throw it in the trunk? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
pocket bikes are gay and were always gay! They are so small and just suck, always brake down, never run etc. If you want ot get a toy like that get a little 50. You going to pay more for it but in the long run you will have a lot less headache.

plus once its moded u can stunt the shit out of them and the cops up at kool april nights dont trip on people riding them
Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I sold my 50 because I just got tired of it. I got hurt more on that than on my 250F. I'll probably end up getting a CRF70 or KLX110 this summer though.

-

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

quote:
Originally posted by Joooestang66:
I sold my 50 because I just got tired of it. I got hurt more on that than on my 250F. I'll probably end up getting a CRF70 or KLX110 this summer though.

-

yeah those are way more fun but as of right now nobody meeses with me when i ride the crf 50 on the street i guess they figure its harmless
Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

We used to mob 50's through town, like 15 deep all the time two years ago when 50's first started to come around. Now the PD will impound them or write a fat ticket.

--------------------

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fad or no fad..those pocket bikes are the perfect thing to ride from the pits to the portable restroom when you are in your leathers and you don't want to walk a quarter mile in your sidi's.... [Wink]
Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CobramanPhil:
Fad or no fad..those pocket bikes are the perfect thing to ride from the pits to the portable restroom when you are in your leathers and you don't want to walk a quarter mile in your sidi's.... [Wink]

[patriot] I hate hearing the click-click-click of my A* SMX's.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pocket bikes are dead man..dont waste you time or money. If you have a bunch of them at your house and you and some friends smash around, then it could be fun...but otherwise its a done deal.

Just get a real bike [Big Grin] [burnout]

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com