Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » those w/ Maximum motorsports c/c plates

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: those w/ Maximum motorsports c/c plates
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you notice any "clunking" noise after the install? i've heard that some noise is normal because of the solid cc plates. i just had the cc plates installed and this clunking noise is annoying the crap out of me now!
[Confused]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did you use all 3 spacers on each c/c plate on the strut?

otherwise if you dont have a spacer on top of the c/c bearing the nut on the strut will bottom out before the strut is fully tightened up and it will clunk

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont know. had a shop install them for me. thanks for the info, i'll check it out!

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87GeeTee  Ford pictures for 87GeeTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NiftyWhiteFifty:
I dont know. had a shop install them for me. thanks for the info, i'll check it out!

uh0h..

--------------------
Member #: 5145
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

2002 GT; Gone But Not Forgotten
1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

Posts: 4278 | From: San Pablo | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you do anything else besides the CC plates.

When I first got my CC plates installed I thought I was experiencing the same thing as you. It was actually the rim grinding on the front control arm due to me needing steering rack limiters (I lowered the car at the same time and installed larger rims)

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Did you do anything else besides the CC plates.

When I first got my CC plates installed I thought I was experiencing the same thing as you. It was actually the rim grinding on the front control arm due to me needing steering rack limiters (I lowered the car at the same time and installed larger rims)

No. the only thing they did was install the cc plates.

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just had a set of CC plates installed on an 01GT. I have a clunk in the drivers side when you go over uneven roads. Sounds like it's popping up and down. Everything is tight, and double checked by two seperate board members'. John thinks I have a defective plate.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
I just had a set of CC plates installed on an 01GT. I have a clunk in the drivers side when you go over uneven roads. Sounds like it's popping up and down. Everything is tight, and double checked by two seperate board members'. John thinks I have a defective plate.

Hmm. mine is doing it on both sides. passenger side more though.

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Same kind of noise? Mine is perfect over "perfectly" smooth roads but shit over bumps, small pot holes etc.

--------------------

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sometimes the spherical bearing can work loose in the C/C plate housing & shift up & down. Maximum will warranty an such issue. To test if this is the problem you can jack up the wheel off the ground & pull up/down on the wheel to see if there's any movment in the C/C plate.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

quote:
Same kind of noise? Mine is perfect over "perfectly" smooth roads but shit over bumps, small pot holes etc.

Yep. same thing here.

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Can you do me a favor please? Let me know when you find the "fix" and I'll do the same if I find it first.

Thanks,

Don

Thank you for the suggestion Sean, I'll give it a shot [patriot]

[ January 16, 2006, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

quote:
Can you do me a favor please? Let me know when you find the "fix" and I'll do the same if I find it first.

Thanks,

Don

Thank you for the suggestion Sean, I'll give it a shot [patriot]

Sure thing Don [patriot]

I'll try Sean's suggestion too.

[ January 16, 2006, 12:25 AM: Message edited by: NiftyWhiteFifty ]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya, truely if the spherical is not damaged, then the plate itself should not be the problem.

Things I would check.

Make sure the underside plate is flush against the top of the strut tower, check all bolts and hardware. check for shock shaft play inside of the spherical. Possibly wrong bearing size. Check for correct amount of spacers again.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My car makes a popping sound or a thud on the drivers side as well....hmmm, I have mm plates too. I was thinking maybe a blown strut but maybe i should look elsewhere.

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have no issues with mine they r great! [patriot]
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
Sometimes the spherical bearing can work loose in the C/C plate housing & shift up & down. Maximum will warranty an such issue. To test if this is the problem you can jack up the wheel off the ground & pull up/down on the wheel to see if there's any movment in the C/C plate.

Yep, that happened to mine, had them replaced under warranty!..

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com