Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » The New Search Function

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: The New Search Function
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

only search CaliforniaFords.com

[ January 19, 2006, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: 88gt ]

Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check up top for a new search button.
Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Copello
¯
Member # 1534

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Copello  Ford pictures for Copello    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What is this shit?? is it that hard to have the search link put back?? All I want to do is search for some simple parts and I'm troubled with looking through 10 pages of junk.

--------------------
91 GT
73 RS Camaro

Posts: 1309 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Copello
¯
Member # 1534

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Copello  Ford pictures for Copello    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.google.com/search?q=search+link&sitesearch=www.californiafords.com

--------------------
91 GT
73 RS Camaro

Tooth
¯
Member # 4582

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tooth  Ford pictures for Tooth  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is there any way to sort results by date? I keep pulling up stuff from '02 and '03..

--------------------
http://www.cardomain.com/id/smeech
http://www.wit-ware.net/graphic.htm - Auto Art - Webpage under drastic re-construction.

88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Tooth:
is there any way to sort results by date? I keep pulling up stuff from '02 and '03..

Yes. When you get to the Google search page, click on advanced options, then select the date that you wish to search for.
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is horse shit, why not put back the old search function? This is only the second forum out of many I have seen without it, wtf?

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do ya'll need some help putting the search back in? I could possibly help you if you need it. You guys would be better off using Atomz search or something other than google. But it does work, I guess.
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

quote:
Originally posted by TrueBlue:
This is horse shit, why not put back the old search function? This is only the second forum out of many I have seen without it, wtf?

Why is this horse shit? Because a FREE message board is going to have a small issue for a couple of weeks? Let me be the first to apologize to you on behalf of the hard working moderators of CaliforniaFords.com that you're going to have to click through a couple extra pages while the seach feature is down.

Do you know why the search feature was removed? Do you think we removed it because we thought it would be fun to answer questions about why it's gone?

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong and you actually are volunteering your time, money and resources to fix the search problem on the server? Thanks for offering your time to help us out to make this site better. We always appreciate when the members give what they can back to this great free resource.

n8y8 - I'll shoot you a PM in a little bit. Thanks sincerely for your offer to help.

Tooth
¯
Member # 4582

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tooth  Ford pictures for Tooth  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88gt:
quote:
Originally posted by Tooth:

Yes. When you get to the Google search page, click on advanced options, then select the date that you wish to search for.
Cool, thanks

--------------------
http://www.cardomain.com/id/smeech
http://www.wit-ware.net/graphic.htm - Auto Art - Webpage under drastic re-construction.

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
don't see why people complain about not have a search.. yeah it sucks not having one .. but oh well.. we are on a free site, that's being supported by people with nothing to gain. don't complain unless you plan on donating time and money to make this better. by money i don't mean 5 bucks.. we all know it's much more expensive to keep this site alive.
i want to give a huge thank you to all the mods who keep this community alive. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
=(

84GT5.0
¯
Member # 5227

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84GT5.0  Ford pictures for 84GT5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
don't see why people complain about not have a search.. yeah it sucks not having one .. but oh well.. we are on a free site, that's being supported by people with nothing to gain. don't complain unless you plan on donating time and money to make this better. by money i don't mean 5 bucks.. we all know it's much more expensive to keep this site alive.
i want to give a huge thank you to all the mods who keep this community alive. [Whoo Whooooo!]

[patriot] [worship] [patriot]

--------------------
RIP Russell W. Krill

Copello
¯
Member # 1534

quote:
Originally posted by 88gt:
quote:
Originally posted by TrueBlue:

Why is this horse shit? Because a FREE message board is going to have a small issue for a couple of weeks? Let me be the first to apologize to you on behalf of the hard working moderators of CaliforniaFords.com that you're going to have to click through a couple extra pages while the seach feature is down.

Do you know why the search feature was removed? Do you think we removed it because we thought it would be fun to answer questions about why it's gone?

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong and you actually are volunteering your time, money and resources to fix the search problem on the server? Thanks for offering your time to help us out to make this site better. We always appreciate when the members give what they can back to this great free resource.

n8y8 - I'll shoot you a PM in a little bit. Thanks sincerely for your offer to help.

The moderators seem to find lots of time to ban longtime members over stupid stuff.
Copello
¯
Member # 1534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copello  Ford pictures for Copello    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I pay for my website and I don't bitch about it. Yes its time consuming, yes it costs money, and yes it took time to remove the search feature, Still haven't got that WHY it was removed question answered.

--------------------
91 GT
73 RS Camaro

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0#4 87 T-Top GT:
quote:

I pay for my website and I don't bitch about it. Yes its time consuming, yes it costs money, and yes it took time to remove the search feature, Still haven't got that WHY it was removed question answered.
why do u deserve an explanation? are you paying for this site? who cares about "your website" we are talking about this site. what's with the Internet gangster attitude? if i was a mod i would ban you in a heartbeat.. but then again.. i would ban me too [Razz]
guess a simple answer might be technical difficulties.

[ January 30, 2006, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

svt3773
¯
Member # 4759

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt3773  Ford pictures for svt3773    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what happened to it anyways?

--------------------
1989 Ford Ranger

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by svt3773:

go too the first page of this thread and type what you're looking for and it will send you too a google page with all the results....i just typed in my s/n and about 25+ pages came up! [Whoo Whooooo!] I 'M WORLD WIDE NIZZLES!

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

svt3773
¯
Member # 4759

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt3773  Ford pictures for svt3773    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats a big search

--------------------
1989 Ford Ranger

88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by svt3773:

Basically the search database is screwed up and it bogs the server whenever we enable it. Until we find a fix, we're using google. Sorry if it causes you any hardships.
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I searched my old username and the profile for it came up. Still doesnt work though [Frown]

[ February 10, 2006, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: Black 02 SS ]

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

jadesville
¯
Member # 5885

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jadesville  Ford pictures for jadesville  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how come the site doesnt use vbulletin? [Embarrassed]

--------------------
1968 Hardtop Coupe

Posts: 229 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jadesville:
how come the site doesnt use vbulletin? [Embarrassed]

That is a great question....

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com