Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » WAKE COCHRAN'S ASS UP!! I'm Sueing! Story w/ Pics

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: WAKE COCHRAN'S ASS UP!! I'm Sueing! Story w/ Pics
Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Today has been a long day. I work @ a bank, and it has been extremely busy these last two days. I work at a bank, so if the 1st lands on a long weekend, it's bad news. So it was hectic today.

I get off and im driving home. I stop at a red light, 2 cars in front of me, the one directly in front of me was a '92 Nissan Pick up. I stop. I'm chilling there chewing my gum lookin' ahead and BAM, someone hits my car. For half a second I'm stunned and just got hit with the worst head ache, but that soon turns into rage. I turn my car off and hit the emergency lights and I jump out the car ready to just kill the person that hit my car.

I step out and look back and i see 2 girls in a white Chrysler Sebring. The look of fear on the young female driver kinda calmed me down...kind of dissapointed it wasn't a guy cuz i felt like fighting someone.

The guy in front of me gets out and comes to me asked me what happened. That's when i noticed i hit him. I tell him that the girl behind hit me and it made me hit him. I go back to the girls and they hand me a phone. I'm like "WTF?" and i grab it and say "Hello?" It's the passanger's mom. She explains to me that its her car. She gives me her name and phone number and asks, "Can you drive to me house real quick?" We can settle this straight cash! I dont want my insurance invloved" i was thought "Shooot, i can rake out more outta her probably than the insurance" but i thought nah ill play dumb and stay here

I went to the guy from the pick up and he tells me his passenger was hurt. "She just had neck surgery, she has neck problems".

Ambulance is called out they come and get her. The police soon come and get our information. I got the guy in front of me's whole information: DL#, plate #, insurance, address contact #. I got the girls name, the car's plate #, address.

Turns out the girl in front of me had NO license, didn't own the car, but got permission from the owner to drive it. The police take her picture and tow the Sebring. I get the police report and i cut out.

here are the pics:

-

-

-

-

So what can the out come be? While i was there, i called my insurance guy, who is also my homeboy, and he said get all the info, we probably have to sue.

Does it look good for me?

Other day, i was actually thinkin how i kinda wish i got in a accident cuz i wanted to get a cobra front bumper, go figure!

CLIFF NOTES: Some beezy hit me from the back (no karamo), it made me ram into the back of some guy (no karamo) and she didnt have no licnese or was the owner of the car.

Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburg Mustang Owner:

Other day, i was actually thinkin how i kinda wish i got in a accident cuz i wanted to get a cobra front bumper, go figure!

CLIFF NOTES: Some beezy hit me from the back (no karamo), it made me ram into the back of some guy (no karamo) and she didnt have no licnese or was the owner of the car.

God works in mistirous(sp?) ways
[Big Grin] , and you tips are fukked also, is the exhuast messed up? becuase it looks like when the car hit you it pushed the tips and that could misaline your exhuast.

Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
At least your ok and now you can get that cobra bumber. There are a bunch of dumbasses driving around with no dl. wtf is going on that fucking sucks there have been a lot of accidents happenning in the last couple week, I spoun out on the freeway last week my and boy wraped his ws6 its really not a good time to be driving right.

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Honestly, i dont know yet. its kinda dark so im going to wait til tomorrow to really look at it. but another thing i thought, "Hey, i can get my magnapacks now"
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go take your car to a body shop you trust. Get a written estimate. Call the person you rearended, ask them to do the same. Take those estimates, and the police report to her insurance company. Make sure you go to the Hospital if your neck or head hurts anytime before they cut the check if so, document any and all time missed from work, so on. If this is your only car, get a rental from HER insurance company, and keep the bill. You will need all this stuff. Good luck.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hope that chick is in jail right now and the owner of teh sebring is getting arrested as i type this. Idiots shouldn't let idiots drive.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you have uninsured motorist coverage you're golden.
if not, i think you would have to sue the broad to get any money.

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92coupe  Ford pictures for 92coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn edwin i can't believe that, before i saw the pics i was hoping it was the camry. im glad your ok though mang. hit me up.

Justin

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't have a license or insurance. Nor Do I have anything worth suing.

Oh well.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:
I don't have a license or insurance. Nor Do I have anything worth suing.

Oh well.

yeah most illegals dont have insurance or CDL's yet [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
Go take your car to a body shop you trust. Get a written estimate. Call the person you rearended, ask them to do the same. Take those estimates, and the police report to her insurance company. Make sure you go to the Hospital if your neck or head hurts anytime before they cut the check if so, document any and all time missed from work, so on. If this is your only car, get a rental from HER insurance company, and keep the bill. You will need all this stuff. Good luck.

Good advice. Thats what this girl I use to work with did and she got everything payed for.

--------------------
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM

jph331
¯
Member # 665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jph331  Ford pictures for jph331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw this accident earlier on harbor in Pittsburg. Damn 3 car pile up.
Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

by chance, where u in a white 99-04 gt?
jph331
¯
Member # 665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jph331  Ford pictures for jph331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No, I was just driving by on leland in my truck when I seen the flashing police lights.
sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would get the Cobra front and rear bumper (without the word COBRA on the rear)

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wait.. the money used to pay for the victims and car infront of you will come out of your insurance...
Something not clear is :
<<<got the guy in front of me's whole information: DL#, plate #, insurance, address contact #. I got the girls name, the car's plate #, address.
Turns out the girl in front of me had NO license, didn't own the car, but got permission from the owner to drive it.>>>>
so.. who didn't have insurance? the girl that hit you from behind? or the passanger that had neck surgery.so.. who didn't have insurance? the girl that hit you from behind? or the passenger that had neck surgery.
If it's the girl that hit you from behind, then IF the car is insured then you could possibly go try to get it cover under their policy. seems like you have a clear case of negligent empowerment. which would open the doors for a lawsuit (to the owner of the car incase the driver had no means or paying), but.. I don't think you can/should collect much on that.
Now, if the car did not have insurance at all(from owner or whatnot) then i really hope you have uninsured motorist coverage otherwise you are shit out of luck. you'll probably have to sue her and will probably spend more money and time than to make it worth a new rear bumper.
if you are truly injured then you should get into a chiropractics office right away, the longer you take the more it can be fought that the injuries are not legitimate.
good luck.

--------------------
=(

Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

arrite been a long day, went to the doctors and got some relafen and spoke to the insurance companines.

The guy in front of me does have insurance (progressive). the driver behind me was an unlicensed teen, and wasnt driving her own car. I did recieve the name and phone number of the owner of the car that me from behind.

I believe the car does have insurance because i spoke to the owner on the phone during the accident and she said "Can you just drive to my house because ill pay you out cash, i dont want my insurance to sky rocket" she said that becuase she didnt know that a 3rd car was involved.

Right now im going to wait to see if my insurance can ge tin contact with the owner of the car that hit me. If we get that, imma get a new front bumper and rear bumper.

BTW, i do have uninsured motorist coverage

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shiftylx:

I HOPE YOU HAVE COVERAGE MAN THATS SOME SHIT THATS WHY I LOVE TRIPLE AAA NEVER AN ISSUE

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Blue88lx
¯
Member # 5919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue88lx  Ford pictures for Blue88lx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shiftylx:

You are correct Sir! That's what happened to me in 2000 and I had to sue. [Frown]
PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

If anything be glad that you has the uninsured motorist coverage cuz then either way your covered.

--------------------
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
accidents always suck, but in my opinion get some quotes, turn in the heighest one to her insurance. Have them pay you direcly or to a shop that you know the owner so you can take the money and fix your car up sick.

Don't worry I had a 94 that some one hit me, a small damage. I took it to a body shop that I know the owner..........Long story short my car came out with a custome hood, Complete saleen kit, new paint etc.

Ps. I meant I LOVE ACCIDENTS (as long as its not our falt) [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com