Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Bambi (RIP) vs. my mustang

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Bambi (RIP) vs. my mustang
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was driving home from work at 4:30 in the morning new years morning. A deer jumped in front of my car and just stood there.

He jumped so late I couldn't avoid him. He went flying up and over the roof of my car. Chunks were still hanging on the front end of my car as it was loaded onto a flat bed.

AAA should be here shortly, no doubt it's gonna be a total lose being a 94. It wasn't really that hard of a hit, just needs a hood, fender, bumper, air bags, and the front radiator support is bent in a little.

-

-

03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SHKER  Ford pictures for 03SHKER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ahhhh. That sucks man.

--------------------
chris@apexmotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Blvd. Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats sucks. looks like bambi did some damage how much is that going to cost?

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did you at least take the deer for some deer jerky? [Big Grin] That sucks though man, how is your head fealing from the air bags?

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a headache but I think that's from my sore neck. I felt fine after the accident, had my girlfriend pick me up and the went snowboarding.

When we got back monday night I was in so much freakin pain. I am going to the chiropractor and Dr. today.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
holy crap steve, just glad you're alright, etc. tough loss for the deer however. hopefully the ins. co. won't total the car . . .

phil

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Dizzy
¯
Member # 884

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dizzy  Ford pictures for Dizzy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slidewayz94:
my girlfriend pick me up and the went snowboarding.

I hate you, Ive yet to have the time to go snowboarding. [Embarrassed]

Good Luck with the car atleast your ok. [patriot]

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stupid deer. Take some Vicodins and get a Cervini's front end to feel better.
sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sac 5.0  Ford pictures for sac 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
steve that car is just bad luck get rid of it and get something else how many times have you been hit or hit something
and i told you should of come over instead of working
brandon next door had one hellva party

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

car is totalled now I get to argue over how much it's worth. I'll be in the market for a 99+ up black GT.

I still have my 18'' black deep dish FR500 wheels I got for christmas that I never put on [Mad]

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that sucks steve just take out everything you want(NOS especially) and get paid, go buy a 03-04 cobra and it will make all the pain go away..LOL

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

quote:
Originally posted by BlownMach1:
that sucks steve just take out everything you want(NOS especially) and get paid, go buy a 03-04 cobra and it will make all the pain go away..LOL

lol I don't want that payment! Although the 03-04 cobra would bury my pains [Big Grin] I was planning to buy a house by June or July so it's not likely I can afford both.

Were you happy with your Mach1? I am debating whether to pick up a cheap 99+ GT or Cobra or even pay more for a Mach 1.

I thought about another 94-98 mustang (love that body style) but I don't want to go thru this same thing any accident and the value is more than the car.

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:

[patriot]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BlownMach1:

lol I don't want that payment! Although the 03-04 cobra would bury my pains [Big Grin] I was planning to buy a house by June or July so it's not likely I can afford both.

Were you happy with your Mach1? I am debating whether to pick up a cheap 99+ GT or Cobra or even pay more for a Mach 1.

I thought about another 94-98 mustang (love that body style) but I don't want to go thru this same thing any accident and the value is more than the car.

That really sucks - at least you did the safe thing and just hit the deer instead of swerving into another car or off the road.

Definately buy the house before the expensive car if you can. [patriot]

Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I FUKKIN hate deers....... I think it's a new form of terrorism that Chevy thought of targeting Mustangs.

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:

[patriot]
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Sucks to hear about the accident man! [Frown]

FWIW, I'm very happy with my Mach. There is one on vehix ( I think) thats for about 20k with 20k miles on it, DSG too...

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that sucks. looks like my mustang too [Frown]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry to hear about the car man, but there may be some good news. If you were injured coming home from work, you're covered under worker's comp. Tell your supervisor about it if you think you may end up needing something serious like long term chiropractic(sp) care.

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

quote:
Originally posted by 5OHS5OH:
Sorry to hear about the car man, but there may be some good news. If you were injured coming home from work, you're covered under worker's comp. Tell your supervisor about it if you think you may end up needing something serious like long term chiropractic(sp) care.

It was on my way home I worked OT on new year's (suprisingly calm night). I am a little jacked up. The chiropractor went thru range of motions and I am stiff and limited in my movement. Went to work anyway.

I felt it last night at work, got into a small fight and my neck was throbbing, and had a slamming headache afterwards. I may have to go on light duty.

I thought I could just pop some Motrin and be all good, but the chiro explained it as having injured my neck twice, once on impact and then my neck snapping again from the air bag.

5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah man, you should be covered. Time for Tax-free money. Picture getting your check without ANY state or Federal taxes being taken out. I'm sure it works like our system. Just fill out a claim as soon as possible with you supervisor. Or ask a labor rep about coverage. I know we are covered for anything that happens to or from work. Put that money back into the stang,...or another one.

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey steve i sent you a PM about a good deal.late

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
steve how you gonna hit my deer man i knew he hadnt been home for dinner but damn steve you killed "bambi" i wont tell my little girl that you did glad to hear you are just sore and not hurt bad man i haven't seen your car in long time but guess its time to upgrade if you start parting out you know who to hit the 50 reasons posse talk to you later man

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com