Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Craigslist scam...beware

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Craigslist scam...beware
castor
¯
Member # 2765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for castor  Ford pictures for castor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got this reply from posting my Paxton:
Dude's email was "Smith, John"....how original.

Hello,
My name is Smith,I saw your advert items .i was so excited about it and down to get it at all cost because it suits my need. I would like you to give me the final asking price. I am currently not in the country, to be precise I'm in CARDIFF,UK on a business trip and I will handle shipment of it to my base in USA,I will like to know if you accept Traveller's or cashier check or money order as a method of payment as my associate in US will issue out, sorry if I may ask, is this your personal property because I don't want to involve myself with stolen goods for sale. What is the condition like? If you accept the payment method I will like you to reply with me as soon as possible.

Warmest Regards

--------------------
SOLD!!! 7/07
Supercharged 92GT
352rwhp [old blower w/3 1/2lbs]
???rwhp w/S-Trim

2010 Acura MDX Tech/Entertainment
2013 Acura TL SH-AWD

Posts: 1457 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Say "Thanks for your interest, I'm excited as you are to sell it" If you can please send it to:

450 Golden Gate Avenue, 13th. Floor
San Francisco, California 94102-9523

Send all information to my workplace in San Francisco, CA. Please leave your name and address to where you need it sent back. Thanks again for doing buisiness.

The address is the FBI building in San Francisco. [Big Grin]

[ December 13, 2005, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Venomized93 ]

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by castor:
Got this reply from posting my Paxton:
Dude's email was "Smith, John"....how original.

Hello,
My name is Smith,I saw your advert items .i was so excited about it and down to get it at all cost because it suits my need. I would like you to give me the final asking price. I am currently not in the country, to be precise I'm in CARDIFF,UK on a business trip and I will handle shipment of it to my base in USA,I will like to know if you accept Traveller's or cashier check or money order as a method of payment as my associate in US will issue out, sorry if I may ask, is this your personal property because I don't want to involve myself with stolen goods for sale. What is the condition like? If you accept the payment method I will like you to reply with me as soon as possible.

Warmest Regards

were have u been? that scam has been around forever. i just tell them to go fuck off
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Venomized93:
Say "Thanks for your interest, I'm excited as you are to sell it" If you can please send it to:

Send all information to my workplace in San Francisco, CA. Please leave your name and address to where you need it sent back. Thanks again for doing buisiness.

LOL !

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did u even look to see what shipping was to nigeria?LOL
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
NO MANRZ
¯
Member # 566

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NO MANRZ  Ford pictures for NO MANRZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ask craigslist if they can run the IP address, then look up where the connection came from. I bet it was in oakland or east palo alto.

[ December 13, 2005, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: NO MANRZ ]

--------------------
Bring It . . .

03smknsvt
¯
Member # 5514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03smknsvt  Ford pictures for 03smknsvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

LMAO [Big Grin]

--------------------
03 silver cobra #3461 out of 8394
96 gt supercharged
03 mach 1
93 cobra
99 black bird
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NO MANRZ:
Ask craigslist if they can run the IP address, then look up where the connection came from. I bet it was in oakland or east palo alto.

lol it probably is

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That garbage is shady. But whoever falls for that is stupid though.
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

DOOOOOO IT [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [worship]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tell him your going on vacation to CARDIFF,UK and that you'll bring it with you to save on shipping... see what he says
Spitfiremk24
¯
Member # 5698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spitfiremk24  Ford pictures for Spitfiremk24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
That garbage is shady. But whoever falls for that is stupid though.

I guess I am stupid... what gives you guys red flags? sounds fishy to me, but not so bad... this is a learning experience

--------------------
04 GT

UKCobra
¯
Member # 1240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UKCobra  Ford pictures for UKCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just tell him you have a friend who travels a lot and lives in the UK, he'll call and collect the cash.

I'm always up for some scam baiting !

Lots of fun....

Mark

--------------------
1994 Mustang Cobra Pace Car #938
1995 Mustang Cobra R #61

Posts: 436 | From: Reading, UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Red Vette
¯
Member # 870

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Vette  Ford pictures for Red Vette    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't reply to him at all. Under craigslist your email is hidden. If you respond he will have it and you might just be setting yourself up for future scams. Delete the message and move on.
Posts: 442 | From: At the races | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Tooth
¯
Member # 4582

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tooth  Ford pictures for Tooth  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Since we're on the topic of scams:

http://www.craigslist.org/sby/car/117496383.html

is actually

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-Cobra-SVT-V8-DOHC-5sp-TX-35kmils-FreeShipW-BUYNOW_W0QQitemZ4591832853QQcategoryZ6236QQcmdZViewItem

The person sent me this message:

Hi there!

Thank you for your interest regarding my 2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra. I emailed you to let you know that the car is still available. I had a buyer offering $8,000 but his loan did not get approved.

I am selling the car for $7400; the price includes all the shipping costs and insurance so you won't have to pay any extra charges. The 2001 Ford Mustang is located in Sugarland, TX and it looks like new, it has never been scratched or wrecked. It will come with a clear title, bill of sale signed by me as well and all the papers (including the original manuals and keys) that you will need to register it under your name. I want to sell it because we need the money to finish our new house, so I'm willing to let it go for 7400 bucks First come, first served.

About the payment method I will only accept an escrow service because it's the safest way for both of us. The escrow is a third party that holds your money until you receive and approve the car. Also, you will have 3 days for inspecting it at your home and if you agree to keep the car, I will receive the money. If you agree with these terms, please reply me and I will be more than glad to provide you with further information on how to purchase the Ford Mustang ASAP.

Also, I've attached a few pictures of the car and here is the car's description: Ford Mustang SVT Cobra, Year: 2001, Miles: 35.800, Title: Clear, Exterior: White, VIN Number: 1FAFP47V61F244142

Best Regards,
Virginia E Hanner

[ December 15, 2005, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Tooth ]

--------------------
http://www.cardomain.com/id/smeech
http://www.wit-ware.net/graphic.htm - Auto Art - Webpage under drastic re-construction.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com