Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Top gear Vids..

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Top gear Vids..
Jay Taylor
¯
Member # 5757

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Taylor  Ford pictures for Jay Taylor  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
New age Mustang
Lightning pickup
C6 vette
[url= http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7832757205880742984&q=%22top+gear]Viper[/url]
[url= http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-163497615296121504&q=%22top+gear]Ford GT[/url]
[url= http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=%22top+gear%22&page=1&lv=0]Bunch more[/url]

[ December 09, 2005, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: Jay Taylor ]

--------------------
Jay Taylor
http://www.norcaldrivers.net

Posts: 71 | From: El Cerrito Ca | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
some of those opions are so unrealistic, its not even funny.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
tonster
¯
Member # 6093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonster  Ford pictures for tonster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
some of those opions are so unrealistic, its not even funny.

yea, i think the show is entertaining, but their opinions on many cars often ruin it. i mean to them, feeling lots of torque or that sotp feel is a lack of refinement.
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i love how they compare the mustang to european cars, which one, the 1L econo box or a ferrari [Roll Eyes]

basically if its from america they dont like it

bring over some european shit box and start beating on it, it doesnt last very long, bmw's, mercedes, lambo's, hopefully your just leasing it

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the host of that show owns a ford GT

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blind:

he owned one I thought, he was all excited to have it, then it kept on screwing up, so he offed it, electrical problems i guess, they are in england maybe the prince of darkness rewired it [Big Grin]

maybe he got another one [Confused]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
quote:

they are in england maybe the prince of darkness rewired it [Big Grin]

Ozzy Osbourne rewired it [Confused]

I can't stand that damn English accent...

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
quote:
quote:

they are in england maybe the prince of darkness rewired it [Big Grin]

Ozzy Osbourne rewired it [Confused]

I can't stand that damn English accent...

you've never heard of the price of darkness, aka lucas [Big Grin]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have friends who live in England,...they are all trying to live here. If I had to listen to those pompous a holes everyday, I'd like to get out of that country as well. I can't stand the bashing, so it has a leaf spring or a solid axle. It doesn't cost you 75k and it has character.

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

quote:
Originally posted by 5OHS5OH:
I have friends who live in England,...they are all trying to live here. If I had to listen to those pompous a holes everyday, I'd like to get out of that country as well. I can't stand the bashing, so it has a leaf spring or a solid axle. It doesn't cost you 75k and it has character.

but its not like it has a traditional leaf like on a pickup, it has transverse leafs IIRC, interesting idea but the car has shown that the setup works

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

he owned one I thought, he was all excited to have it, then it kept on screwing up, so he offed it, electrical problems i guess, they are in england maybe the prince of darkness rewired it [Big Grin]

IIRC, I think it was because he added something like an aftermarket alarm or sound system to it.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
quote:
quote:

IIRC, I think it was because he added something like an aftermarket alarm or sound system to it.
thats what the prince of darkness comment was about [Big Grin]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That guy didn't seem to happy with the 05. His comments weren't funny at all and he made it seem like he was going to mash down the straight then hit the corner he was talking about sidwzys or something but driving like a fucking old lady then he taps the gas twice and thinks hes cool that guy is just ghey. [BS flag]

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow, those guys were pretty harsh!...

....I'm English and I was even suprised at how much that "hated" on America/American cars...

It's funny how they complained about the shitty dash and steering feel in the Lightning, IT HAD A RIGHT HAND DRIVE CONVERSION....Basically, that means that an aftermarket company sawed the dash in half and glued it on the other side or tried to make their own shitty mould...Also, someone has to come up with a steering system, you can't just flip over the steering rack, there is more envolved...Some companies will use long rods that go across the firewall to the master cylinder for brakes [Roll Eyes] ...By the sound of it their Lightning conversion sucked!....

Some things are true though, such as having a 4.6 liter Mustang...Most cars in England are 1.0-2.0 liter gas 4 cylinders or diesels...The expensive price of gas isn't really worth (for the average person) having a bigger engine...Now, for those people who love performance, then a big engine and/or turbo are great...So, when you compare the hot cars like the EVO and STI, which were in England long before here, and you see 300hp out of a 2.5L 4cyl most English would figure 4.6 V8 would be in the 400's...For example the F430 Ferrari has a 4.3L and makes 490hp NA and with fewer cubes...Weather they rev higher or have boost, it's just something that a lot of Euro's will assume, because the average big V8's are mostly exotic cars....

Another thing is also true...Like for instance, if I owned a Lightning or Mustang and took it over to where I used to live in England, it would get scratched to shit!~....Most of the time there are no sidewalks, the next thing next to the road is a HEDGE!...Cars are smaller there for a reason....

There is one thing for sure though, I always wanted to take my last Mustang over there...UKCobra/Mark has a 95 Cobra R and a 94 Cobra vert and it must be fun a shit to rev that V8 on an unsuspecting teenager who thinks his turbo charged VW is the badest car out there...~The trouble is you might wanna make sure you can back it up.... [Big Grin]

[patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
UKCobra
¯
Member # 1240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UKCobra  Ford pictures for UKCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Top Gear is a funny TV programme, you have to watch the whole programme to see these guys love their cars, and are very much Anti-Green.

There is a lot of Environmentalists here in Europe, who pontificate about better gas mileage etc.

Did any of you watch it to the end ? The link started off being quite negative, but the message at the end, it's an icon for £25K and put it in a good light.

Re the Lightning video, I too agree that it's a little off comparing the build quality after it's been hacked about and re-fitted. I for one would never touch a RHD converted American Car.

And whats with the pompous bit, I don't know any 'pompous a holes' .

Mark

--------------------
1994 Mustang Cobra Pace Car #938
1995 Mustang Cobra R #61

Posts: 436 | From: Reading, UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what makes me laugh is that they dont mention TORQUE on the mustang or lightnig video. they talked all that mess "it only puts out 300hp for a 4.6"......bla bla bla....but a $175,000 ferrari only puts out 280tq....and if you noticed, he was driving an AUTOMATIC 05 mustang. wtf??

but hey! atleast when we service american cars, it doesnt COST $5000-$8000!! to just take the plugs, oil, belt and other fluids (like it does on ferrari's). i love european cars to death, and they car correct on the liveaxle, but common! their wanting to compare these $30k cars to ones that cost $70k-$200k.....morons...love the show, but their morons in many ways.

marek

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been watching the show and lost him ever since he gave RAVE reviews for the Nissan 350Z that came out.

Giving rave reviews to a 350Z compared to a Lightning makes me shudder.

He drove that M5 balls out though. It's definitely a more entertaining show compared to Motor Trend/Car & Driver etc.

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice [BS flag] how on the lightning video at a little after the 4:00 mark he says Americans in rural america mostly do incest [Eek!]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
UKCobra
¯
Member # 1240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UKCobra  Ford pictures for UKCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
I've been watching the show and lost him ever since he gave RAVE reviews for the Nissan 350Z that came out.

Giving rave reviews to a 350Z compared to a Lightning makes me shudder.

He drove that M5 balls out though. It's definitely a more entertaining show compared to Motor Trend/Car & Driver etc.

Their first drive of the 350Z and programme reported it was a terrible car to drive, too fidgety on UK roads, Nissan claimed it was a pre-production car and later ones would be better.

Re the cost of the Mustang, it is a cheap car, but once it gets to the UK, the import duty and taxes push it up from a great value car to an average one.

So, a GT that costs $26K ends up costing £23K, considering the exchange rate is £1=$1.70ish, you are basically paying $8K extra because you really want a Mustang over anything else.

Top Gear is funny, I don't always agree with their views, but there have been many American cars exported to Europe that should have been changed for European roads, i.e their suspension is crap.

The Mustang is not officially imported into Europe, so it's a rare sight......

And despite my best efforts, I've still not driven a new one yet [Eek!]

--------------------
1994 Mustang Cobra Pace Car #938
1995 Mustang Cobra R #61

Posts: 436 | From: Reading, UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: May 2002  |  :
WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like the whole bit about how your murder victim can escape out of the boot [Big Grin]

-

And the F150, that guy said 107 get sold every hour in north america. [Eek!]

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com