Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Good place to find a puppy?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Good place to find a puppy?
Midnight5.0
¯
Member # 597

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midnight5.0  Ford pictures for Midnight5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can anyone give me some info on where the best place is to look for a puppy? It's narrowed down to a doberman, or possibly a wemerainer/pug. There's not a whole lot in the paper. Thanks!!
Fast_Bitch
¯
Member # 2316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast_Bitch  Ford pictures for Fast_Bitch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Midnight5.0:
Can anyone give me some info on where the best place is to look for a puppy? It's narrowed down to a doberman, or possibly a wemerainer/pug. There's not a whole lot in the paper. Thanks!!

I would suggest to google your search but make sure you do research on your breeder and ask for #'s from people who have bought puppies from that breeder

www.goldstarkennels.com

http://www.pets4you.com/pages/mtview.html

http://www.breeders.net/breeder/135667

[ December 08, 2005, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Fast_Bitch ]

--------------------
www.GirlsFmx.com

Think you can keep up ?

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
craigslist has puppies
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The pound [patriot] Save those puppies. Unless you want a pedigree (for breeding)go to the local animal shelters in your area [burnout]

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2011 Porsche 911 TurboS/AWD
2014 GSXR750
2002 GSXR750 Track Beater Bike
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
Fast_Bitch
¯
Member # 2316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast_Bitch  Ford pictures for Fast_Bitch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CobramanPhil:
The pound [patriot] Save those puppies. Unless you want a pedigree (for breeding)go to the local animal shelters in your area [burnout]

thats a better choice and why buy a pure breed unles your showing there plenty og homeless doggies out there that would love to have a nice bed for christmas

--------------------
www.GirlsFmx.com

Think you can keep up ?

Throttle Stop
¯
Member # 5515

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Throttle Stop  Ford pictures for Throttle Stop  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've gotten all my dogs from the pounds, and they're the most loyal critters you'll ever meet. You'd be amazed. Sometimes, they'll have purebreds. No papers, but still some purebreds. And, unless you're really heartless, you'l want to take them all home after seeing their eyes light up when you walk in.

BTW, most animal shelters require the animals be fixed, and they'll set it up with a vet near you for a real good price.

Posts: 110 | From: Roseville, Ca. | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
droptp50
¯
Member # 5546

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for droptp50  Ford pictures for droptp50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
last time i was at petco there was a puppy magazine with like a million breeders and they all had websites where you could order one or go pick it up

--------------------
91 gt vert - sold
89 lx hatch

migs66/92
¯
Member # 4811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for migs66/92  Ford pictures for migs66/92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dude i used to have a freaking doberman and it was the most destructive dog i have ever had.that particular dog was hyperactive and destroyed my whole fence around the house.I tried training and various other ways to get him to stop but i ended up having to send him to a dobbie rescue.you best be prepared to spend a lot and i mean a lot of time with this animal if your really serious about getting a doberman.

--------------------
Ill keep my guns and my money, you can have the change

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by droptp50:
last time i was at petco there was a puppy magazine with like a million breeders and they all had websites where you could order one or go pick it up

Those are puppy farms..bad..bad...bad. If you have to have a pedigree then go by references. A good breeder is not one that just has plenty of puppies. A good breeder is one that insures that the dogs are not overbred, health is well taken care of (physical and mental), and the puppies have no faults that go against the breed lines.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2011 Porsche 911 TurboS/AWD
2014 GSXR750
2002 GSXR750 Track Beater Bike
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
Fast_Bitch
¯
Member # 2316

My friend has a 1yr border collie tri color not fixed but utd on shots need to find a home also I found a rabbit on my st. need to find both homes ASAP loacted in Union city I can travel

510-449-4455

Kim

--------------------
www.GirlsFmx.com

Think you can keep up ?

Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was just at the Santa Clara pound this past monday... Luckly there wasnt a lot of dogs there, but 99% of the dogs that were there were pitt bulls or mixed pitt bulls. It was sad to see. Some of them had been there since the begining of the year. [Frown]

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Posts: 636 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
blackcobra98
¯
Member # 1078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackcobra98  Ford pictures for blackcobra98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by migs66/92:
dude i used to have a freaking doberman and it was the most destructive dog i have ever had.that particular dog was hyperactive and destroyed my whole fence around the house.I tried training and various other ways to get him to stop but i ended up having to send him to a dobbie rescue.you best be prepared to spend a lot and i mean a lot of time with this animal if your really serious about getting a doberman.

Please, don't group Dobermans like that. Either you fked up in bringing it up/training it or someone else did...Our Doberman who passed away a couple months ago was one of the best dogs I've ever known. And anyone who gets a dog should be prepared to spend time with it. Leaving a dog in the backyard and occasionally throwing dog food out to it doesn't count and isn't right...

[ December 10, 2005, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: charged04 ]

--------------------
1998 Cobra #2892/3480-**SOLD 7/2/03**
2004 Lightning #1632/3781-**SOLD 8/06**

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea my unncle used to breed dobremans and they were gppd ass dogs i was a little scared of them because i was so small and the puppys used to jump all over the place. i was about ytop buy one a couple momthes ago but i got a pit instead.
migs66/92
¯
Member # 4811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for migs66/92  Ford pictures for migs66/92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
me and the family treated that dog like one of our own.we spent a lot of time with him after a year of him beign an inside dog and replacing just about all the furniture in the house i finally had to put him in the backyard as much as i hated it.we tried countless ways and different methods to getting to calm down and dont be so destructive but nothing worked.
As heartless as ir might seem i just wasnt able to keep the damm dog.I have friends wgo own other dobbies and from my experience there are almost the same as mine.

--------------------
Ill keep my guns and my money, you can have the change

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com