Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Won a bid on ebay, but check out this email...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Won a bid on ebay, but check out this email...
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tell me your honest opinion... should I burn him with a negative feedback, or see if he can get it fixed?
I know that best buy wont fix it, since MS does the RMA process.
And FWIW, I didnt get raped on the price. It ended up being about $50 over retail, if you dont count tax... then it would have been just about the same if I had bought it in the store.
Hi how are you, I see that you had won the Xbox 360 that i had posted
and I'm so sorry to regretfully inform you that it is no longer in
working condition, I had it up on the top shelf while I was out of town for
a couple days in hope that no one would touch it... my son ended up
wanting to play it and pulled it down... I tested it out and it is no
longer in working condition, Im going to try to take it back to best buy
tomorrow and see if they'll take it back for a replacement or if they can
fix it, if so I'll be happy to send it free of shipping cost. Sorry for
the inconvenience, I'll email you as soon as I know whats going on.
Sorry again,

Darryl

[ December 07, 2005, 03:30 AM: Message edited by: 94gt ]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont know, i would just get his number and call him, and talk to him, maybe he is telling thr truth or maybe he isnt. ask for pictures of the xbox and there should be marks of the damage it if fell a good distance.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
i dont know, i would just get his number and call him, and talk to him, maybe he is telling thr truth or maybe he isnt. ask for pictures of the xbox and there should be marks of the damage it if fell a good distance.

Damn, thats a pretty good idea lol
Thanks! [patriot]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sucks, I know you want it "right now" and expected it to be mailed out tomorrow after you make payment, but it sounds like he's trying to take care of it asap for you, maybe you'll get lucky and his BB will have one in stock to make an exchange? Doubtful I know but its a possibility. If not its not like there arent other placed to get one from [Smile]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

quote:
Originally posted by blind:
If not its not like there arent other placed to get one from [Smile]

That's just the thing.. there are no stores with them in... and I'm hearing dates from the 14th to the 18th for the next shipments.

I'll see what he says.
Thanks!

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

Avengeance
¯
Member # 5163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avengeance  Ford pictures for Avengeance    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Id probably burn him...

If it was damaged before the auction was up he couldve terminated the auction, right?

I have a feeling he didnt get what he wanted for it.. or probably sold it locally. Anyways.. sounds like BS to me. It doesnt sound like its damaged from a fall, if that was the case Best Buy wouldnt even consider taking it back anyways... sounds to me like he plugged it in and it "didnt work right". [Roll Eyes]

Or... hes one of them guys that played it for 8hrs the first day he got it and it malfunctioned like a bunch of the Xboxes have been doing.

Good luck.

--------------------
02' Limited Edition 35th Ann. SS
620rwhp/570rwtq. 10.6 @ 132mph.

nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think he's full of crap, and he sold to someone who im'd him.

they were selling for $800 last week on ebay.

first week 1 sold for $3k

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blind:
sucks, I know you want it "right now" and expected it to be mailed out tomorrow after you make payment, but it sounds like he's trying to take care of it asap for you, maybe you'll get lucky and his BB will have one in stock to make an exchange? Doubtful I know but its a possibility. If not its not like there arent other placed to get one from [Smile]

I agree, I would talk to him and see whats up.

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When it comes to ebay...if it doesn't sound right or feel right then it isn't right. If you've paid for it ask for full refund nicley and tell him you understand but that you bid on his auction for a working unit not a broken one.

Think of ebay like craigslist and you'll be okay. [patriot]

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sounds like a HUGE scam to me. 360s are supposed to be sold out everywhere why would someone buy it and then immediately sell it on EBAY? Sounds like a scam.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
That sounds like a HUGE scam to me. 360s are supposed to be sold out everywhere why would someone buy it and then immediately sell it on EBAY? Sounds like a scam.

They would buy it and sell it on ebay because they are sold out in stores everywhere. Supply and demand.

Just call/email the seller and ask for your money back if you already paid. I wouldn't burn him before you give him a chance first.

Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
BlkPina
¯
Member # 934

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlkPina  Ford pictures for BlkPina  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
When it comes to ebay...if it doesn't sound right or feel right then it isn't right. If you've paid for it ask for full refund nicley and tell him you understand but that you bid on his auction for a working unit not a broken one.

what he said. what is the guy's rating? is it bad? because that doesn't sound right. i'd ask for a refund. i've had to deal with weird customers on ebay before and since i used paypal to pay, paypal settled the dispute and took the money back out of the guy's acct and put it back in mine. after that, the guy stopped using paypal and switched to bidpay.... scammer [Mad]

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/laurenjennifer22
00nhra edt formula-lid, cutout, pulley, ls6 intake rip
00 t/a- fipk filter, electric cutout, lt headers

Posts: 1255 | From: Castro Valley | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlkPina:
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:

what he said. what is the guy's rating? is it bad? because that doesn't sound right. i'd ask for a refund. i've had to deal with weird customers on ebay before and since i used paypal to pay, paypal settled the dispute and took the money back out of the guy's acct and put it back in mine. after that, the guy stopped using paypal and switched to bidpay.... scammer [Mad]
I've had two people removed from ebay all together. One guy came to my work because he did't want to pay the shipping fee's. His account was ended about a week later.

Another guy left me negative feedback after winning, paying and reciveing the item. His comments were "seller only accepts paypal" Ebay kicked him off for that. Besides that particular auction it clearly said paypal OR money order.

Also I never deal with out of the usa. Not even canada. Not worth the risk. One dick head left me neg. feedback from Canada for some air bags...4 days after paying!!!! He complained that they didn't get there yet. I should have just kept them...prick. They go through customs, what a moron. [Mad] [Mad] now I"m all pissed off.

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Thanks all, I didnt send the money yet. I always wait until I hear from the seller. I'm probably going to leave negative feedback, unless the seller can tell me something to make me not.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its gotta be b.s, he sold it someone else for alot more, and his best excuse was it got damaged, you for damm sure Best Buy will not replace one for him because its not in stock at all

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by nitrous_bob:

forget that what about the one that was up to almost 12k [Eek!]

and then there are jus some reall dumb people who were asking a mill! LOL this is jus way rediculous for video games!

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Fast_Bitch
¯
Member # 2316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast_Bitch  Ford pictures for Fast_Bitch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:

and then there are jus some reall dumb people who were asking a mill! LOL this is jus way rediculous for video games!
[/QUOTE]

pshh I'm shocked you havent bought one yet for that price cause thats all you talk about is video games . .. . . [Razz]

[ December 07, 2005, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Fast_Bitch ]

--------------------
www.GirlsFmx.com

Think you can keep up ?

z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z pyro  Ford pictures for z pyro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

you guys obviously didnt notice that the "winning" bidders were accounts that were created that day and had 0 feedback
Posts: 1732 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
69grandecj
¯
Member # 5794

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 69grandecj  Ford pictures for 69grandecj  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He's full of BS.

--------------------
1969 Lime Gold Grande 428CJ 1 of 37
1969 Indian Fire SportsRoof
1989 Black GT Convertible 22k miles
2006 F-250 PSD Lariat CC

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by z pyro:
quote:
quote:

you guys obviously didnt notice that the "winning" bidders were accounts that were created that day and had 0 feedback
no didnt look at that but reguardless they are wayy too expensive some women in concord bought someones ticket at costco for 400 bucks jus the ticket so she can buy it what is the world coming too!!!LOL
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com