Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 93 Cobra parts getting hard to find

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 93 Cobra parts getting hard to find
BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went to Ford to get some touch-up paint for my 93 Cobra (teal), and apparently they haven't made it in a long time. Touch up paint! That's a basic necessity for maintaining any car, and it's simple and cheap to produce. Not to mention the enormous mark-up they get for it.

This just brought home to me how Ford seems to be forgetting and abandoning this special edition vehicle. For many years I haven't been able to buy interior parts and many operational parts.

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you tried calling reputable paint shops and giving your paint code and model,etc?

Old school SVO parts seems to be going up on price looking on Ebay. Like those 84-86 SVO Marchal square fog lights and taillights go for $$$.$$ usually.

BOTTLED.LX
¯
Member # 3267

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTTLED.LX  Ford pictures for BOTTLED.LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BCINGUU:
I went to Ford to get some touch-up paint for my 93 Cobra (teal), and apparently they haven't made it in a long time. Touch up paint! That's a basic necessity for maintaining any car, and it's simple and cheap to produce. Not to mention the enormous mark-up they get for it.

This just brought home to me how Ford seems to be forgetting and abandoning this special edition vehicle. For many years I haven't been able to buy interior parts and many operational parts.

pm 1sicklx he got his cowl hood painted for his teal cobra, might have paint left over

--------------------
SOUTHBAYSTANGS
95 STANG GTS AFR'D,CAM'D,INTAKE ON JACK STANDS
99 RANGE ROVER 22'S SPINNERS
64 IMPALA W/WET KANDY PAINT
80 CADILLAC COUPE DEVILLE

Posts: 1281 | From: E. SAN JOSE.CA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BCINGUU:

Buddy of mine just got a portion of his teal 93 cobra repainted at "Crocket Auto Body."

Might want to try them and see what they say.
Luke87GT
 -

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Throttle Stop
¯
Member # 5515

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Throttle Stop  Ford pictures for Throttle Stop  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you're in the east bay, check out San Leandro Color on East 14th st. They can mix spray cans and can probably do small brush type containers.
Posts: 110 | From: Roseville, Ca. | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com