Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » what kind of mufflers do you guys run on the new gt's?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: what kind of mufflers do you guys run on the new gt's?
stangsta
¯
Member # 4054

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangsta  Ford pictures for stangsta    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
2005+????
Throttle Stop
¯
Member # 5515

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Throttle Stop  Ford pictures for Throttle Stop  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Depends on what you're looking for. Most of the new style mufflers work well for power and the biggest difference is sound. If you want a mellow tone at idle with a roar when you get on it, MagnaFlow is real popular. If you're looking for more volume, MagnaPaks, Borla, SLP are all good. One thing that we've found, Flowmasters, while great for 5.0's, arn't that good for mod motors. They tend to have more restriction than the newer styles and a sound that some folks don't like. One real popular setup is Ford Racing Shorty Coated Headers, MagnaFlow Catted X, and either MagnaPaks or MagnaFlows. With a CAI and tune, this setup is usually good for another 25-35hp at the wheels.
Posts: 110 | From: Roseville, Ca. | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Save your money and go with Straight Pipes [Big Grin] That is what I did on my 05. It sounds really clean and is still quieter than my 03 Cobra. But if you are planning on removing your cats, then you'll want mufflers. Just try it, the mufflers are easy to unbolt and slip off. Then just take a cruise around the block, that is what I did, but I just kept driving down to the muffler shop and had 18"x3.5" tips put on.

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

1WICKEDmach
¯
Member # 4060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1WICKEDmach  Ford pictures for 1WICKEDmach    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
After running the straight pipes did you have to have your computer tuned

--------------------
RACETUNE
2003 Torch Red Mach 1
Maximum Motorsports Suspension, Exhaust, 4:10's
12.9@105mph 1.88 60ft

WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1WICKEDmach:
After running the straight pipes did you have to have your computer tuned

Not at first. After I put a CAI on I flashed it with a Predator tune. I runs great and sounds really throaty.

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BASSANI only!!!!!thats what i run on all my cars..

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
spin techs on everything!!!!!!
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com