Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Someone please explain Car Sellers Private Party MORONS

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Someone please explain Car Sellers Private Party MORONS
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Basic shit people want to know when buying a car:

Clean Title:
Miles:
Auto/5spd:

That is the MOST BASIC shit I want know about a car before buying it. Yet all these idiots on craigslist leave this shit out. They say call for more info....WHY NOT JUST PUT MORE INFO IN YOUR ADD!!!!!!!!!!?????????

It's like pulling teeth. I see 9,10,12,15 thousand dollar cars for sale and 80% of them with not even a photo! People kill me.

I just got off the phone with one guy that wouldn't even talk about the car...he'd offer zero information unless asked specifically. WHAT AN ASS HOLE. Talked to another guy yesterday asking the 'going rate' for his car yet his has a salvaged title.

Sorry for the rant. People just aren't honest anymore. I can understand if there are dings, knicks and even a fender bender...be up front with it...don't tell me the car is perfect flawless and 10 out of 10 when the fucking fender is hanging off the car buy over an inch on one side. I'm not cross-eyeed....oh yeah...sorry for the rant [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

I'm lookin at an audi today after work...wish me luck. [Roll Eyes]

[ November 15, 2005, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Jdub07 ]

six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The worst is when buying a Mustang and you ask how it runs and the response is " it swang em boff way around yadidimean" [Roll Eyes] Yeah im really interested on how great is does D's. Or how is the paint/body" it's REALLY clean but it's primer and needs a new bumper". If they dont have a pic and tell you all this crap on the phone. Once you get thier after driveing 100 miles to find a FUCKED UP PIECE OF SHIT. It's really depersing. I know how you feel.

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by six 5.0:
The worst is when buying a Mustang and you ask how it runs and the response is " it swang em boff way around yadidimean" [Roll Eyes] Yeah im really interested on how great is does D's. Or how is the paint/body" it's REALLY clean but it's primer and needs a new bumper". If they dont have a pic and tell you all this crap on the phone. Once you get thier after driveing 100 miles to find a FUCKED UP PIECE OF SHIT. It's really depersing. I know how you feel.

ditto

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Amen to that [patriot]

I'm so tired of reading ads where the person can't even describe there own car or they come up w/ some ghetto ass shit like , "it runz real good and gets sidewayzz on the turf" (actual quote). I mean coooooome on, do you really think someone is going to buy your car if you don't even know how to write or speak proper english. Or "YadidImean" coooome on, would you ever buy a car from someone who used that word in there ad??? I swear people are ghetto as fuck on craigslist, like they actual advertise there cars as scrapers. I cannot believe people sometimes [Mad]

P.S. To sellers it's not that hard to post pictures.

Call for pics? Email for pics? Just fukkin post one so no one will email or call for one!!!! Doesn't this make sense?

[ November 16, 2005, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
MINGRYGT
¯
Member # 2439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MINGRYGT  Ford pictures for MINGRYGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:

Clean Title:
Miles:
Auto/5spd:

That is the MOST BASIC shit I want know about a car before buying it. Yet all these idiots on craigslist leave this shit out. They say call for more info....WHY NOT JUST PUT MORE INFO IN YOUR ADD!!!!!!!!!!?????????

It's like pulling teeth. I see 9,10,12,15 thousand dollar cars for sale and 80% of them with not even a photo! People kill me.

I just got off the phone with one guy that wouldn't even talk about the car...he'd offer zero information unless asked specifically. WHAT AN ASS HOLE. Talked to another guy yesterday asking the 'going rate' for his car yet his has a salvaged title.

Sorry for the rant. People just aren't honest anymore. I can understand if there are dings, knicks and even a fender bender...be up front with it...don't tell me the car is perfect flawless and 10 out of 10 when the fucking fender is hanging off the car buy over an inch on one side. I'm not cross-eyeed....oh yeah...sorry for the rant [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Give me a call about an audi, I have about 10-15 in stock right now, I can tell you all about them, provide you with a car fax and tell you what was done in the shop. I can also warranty the car for you, and set up financing if need be.. let me know. pm me for my number.

--------------------
R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY 5-17-03

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i hear ya guys, i'm looking for a daily right now thats nicer than a honda, i've been looking at bmws, and i went last night to look at one, and realized that the guy had it listed at 2x kbb!
once i told him that, he told me about all the mods he had, springs, shocks, strut-tower braces, and alloy wheels. i then told him that it still wouldn't equal out to 5k, after 1 day of me telling him i wouldn't give him more than 3500, he gave me a final offer of 4300! what a f'n joke.
and i won't even waste my time on ads with no pics.

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shiftylx:
i won't even waste my time on ads with no pics.

[patriot]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MINGRYGT:
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:

Clean Title:
Miles:
Auto/5spd:

Give me a call about an audi, I have about 10-15 in stock right now, I can tell you all about them, provide you with a car fax and tell you what was done in the shop. I can also warranty the car for you, and set up financing if need be.. let me know. pm me for my number.
I'm close to buying a 97 A4 Quattro with 60K on the clock for $8k. Has clean carfax and one owner with all records documented from the first day it was purchased. Its the color I want Silver with black leather interior and is an auto (wife can't drive a stick). I'm looking at it again this sunday with my uncle who used to own a europian auto shop in walnut creek. If he gives the thumbs up then I'm buying it. If not I'll be coming by your lot too look around. Thanks for the heads up!! [patriot]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com