Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » ATTN: gun owners in SF! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: ATTN: gun owners in SF!
spegull03
¯
Member # 2842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for spegull03  Ford pictures for spegull03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont know if you have seen this or not, but anyways, read this bullshit:

San Francisco Voters Approve Handgun Ban
By LOUISE CHU, Associated Press WriterWed Nov 9, 6:27 AM ET

Voters approved ballot measures to ban handguns in San Francisco and urge the city's public high schools and college campuses to keep out military recruiters.

The gun ban prohibits the manufacture and sale of all firearms and ammunition in the city, and makes it illegal for residents to keep handguns in their homes or businesses.

Only two other major U.S. cities — Washington and Chicago — have implemented such sweeping handgun bans.

With all precincts reporting early Wednesday, 58 percent of voters backed the proposed gun ban while 42 percent opposed it.

Although law enforcement, security guards and others who require weapons for work are exempt from the measure, current handgun owners would have to surrender their firearms by April.

A coalition led by the National Rifle Association has said it plans to challenge the initiative in court, arguing that cities do not have the authority to regulate firearms under California law.

The military recruitment initiative won with 60 percent in favor and 40 percent against.

The measure, dubbed "College Not Combat," opposes the presence of military recruiters at public high schools and colleges. However, it would not ban the armed forces from seeking enlistees at city campuses, since that would put schools at risk of losing federal funding.

It encourages city officials and university administrators to exclude recruiters and create scholarships and training programs that would reduce the military's appeal to young adults.

"We now have the moral weight of the city behind us, and it's definitely a valuable asset to have in our corner," said Bob Matthews, an activist for the proposition.

Fast_Bitch
¯
Member # 2316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast_Bitch  Ford pictures for Fast_Bitch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats a whole load of bullshit . . .. where did you find that ?

--------------------
www.GirlsFmx.com

Think you can keep up ?

spegull03
¯
Member # 2842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for spegull03  Ford pictures for spegull03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Fast_Bitch:
thats a whole load of bullshit . . .. where did you find that ?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/09/AR2005110900365.html

just do a google search for "SF gun ban"

Fast_Bitch
¯
Member # 2316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast_Bitch  Ford pictures for Fast_Bitch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks guy . . . what prop was the one about abortion thing . . I wanna see how that turned out i think it was 17 ??

--------------------
www.GirlsFmx.com

Think you can keep up ?

Fast_Bitch
¯
Member # 2316

score it didnt pass

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/breaking_news/13120215.htm

--------------------
www.GirlsFmx.com

Think you can keep up ?

castor
¯
Member # 2765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for castor  Ford pictures for castor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's not BS, all true. Current gun owners will need to surrender their weapons by April 1st of next year unless your job requires you to use one.
I believe there's an article I skimmed this morning saying this would be going to court.

--------------------
SOLD!!! 7/07
Supercharged 92GT
352rwhp [old blower w/3 1/2lbs]
???rwhp w/S-Trim

2010 Acura MDX Tech/Entertainment
2013 Acura TL SH-AWD

Posts: 1457 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well i guess youll need to get a baseball bat now instead. Besides guns are for pussys.. thats why i have a tire iron lol

[ November 09, 2005, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: boostin1.8 ]

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BB + PaintBall Guns [worship] [dance] [patriot] [worship]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
84GT5.0
¯
Member # 5227

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84GT5.0  Ford pictures for 84GT5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by castor:
It's not BS, all true. Current gun owners will need to surrender their weapons by April 1st of next year unless your job requires you to use one.
I believe there's an article I skimmed this morning saying this would be going to court.

So if you surrender it? do you get the $$$$ you payed for it back?

--------------------
RIP Russell W. Krill

Bizob
¯
Member # 3768

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bizob  Ford pictures for Bizob  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How can this be so, You would think that this ban would be unconstitutional. States can make their own laws and whatnot as long as they do not interfre with what is written in the United States Constitution. In the end the US Constitution is the Law of the land, no ifs and or buts about it no matter what state you live in. The Second Amendment allows Americans to bear arms. Now wheter or not how you interpet the right to bear arms is up for grabs. "The NRA believes that The meaning of the Second Amendment depends upon who you talk to. The National Rifle Association, which has the Second Amendment (minus the militia clause) engraved on its headquarters building in Washington, insists that the Amendment guarantees the right of individuals to possess and carry a wide variety of firearms. Advocates of gun control contend that the Amendment was only meant to guarantee to States the right to operate militias. The Supreme Court could easily resolve this debate, but ever since the cryptic decision of U. S. vs. Miller in 1939, the Court has ducked the issue." - Taken from The Right to Bear Arms

IMO this is complete Bull Shit. I dont own any guns and probably never will. However I believe it is a basic constitutionl right to own a handgun as long as you do so in a legal law abiding way [patriot]

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, this is a bunch of shit. I'm sure the NRA will fight it in court. [BS flag] [BS flag]

For the record I voted against it [Mad]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
castor
¯
Member # 2765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for castor  Ford pictures for castor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92stangLX:
Yeah, this is a bunch of shit. I'm sure the NRA will fight it in court. [BS flag] [BS flag]

There's no doubt in my mind. I can assume that this is already in the works.

--------------------
SOLD!!! 7/07
Supercharged 92GT
352rwhp [old blower w/3 1/2lbs]
???rwhp w/S-Trim

2010 Acura MDX Tech/Entertainment
2013 Acura TL SH-AWD

Posts: 1457 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Welcome to communist San Francisco. Leave your Constitutional rights at the door on the way in. oh yeah bring your KY jelly.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

84GT5.0
¯
Member # 5227

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84GT5.0  Ford pictures for 84GT5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by castor:
quote:
Originally posted by 92stangLX:

There's no doubt in my mind. I can assume that this is already in the works.
from what ive read, you assume correctly [Smile]

--------------------
RIP Russell W. Krill

UNTOUCHABLE2
¯
Member # 5889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNTOUCHABLE2  Ford pictures for UNTOUCHABLE2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
another reason why i hate SF. that is such a faggot city.
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
even though this has no effect on me I think it's [BS flag]
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man you guys all sound like a bunch of rednecks. If yall wanna carry yalls fire arms why dontcha move on to texas [Roll Eyes] BTW im sure that the law has NO effect on anybody who has posted on this topic.

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

84GT5.0
¯
Member # 5227

quote:
Originally posted by sic5pointSLOW:
another reason why i hate SF. that is such a faggot city.

so true

--------------------
RIP Russell W. Krill

Fast_Bitch
¯
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by boostin1.8:
man you guys all sound like a bunch of rednecks. If yall wanna carry yalls fire arms why dontcha move on to texas [Roll Eyes] BTW im sure that the law has NO effect on anybody who has posted on this topic.

[patriot]
so now you guys need to vote and not just complain about it . . so when it comes closer to home you can vocie and opinon dont get me wrong I dont agree with it but . . .

[ November 09, 2005, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Fast_Bitch ]

--------------------
www.GirlsFmx.com

Think you can keep up ?

84GT5.0
¯
Member # 5227

quote:

As an avid gun enthusiast and multiple gun owner, i resent the statement relating gun owners to rednecks. Why should i have to live in texas to own a firearm. All of my guns are legal and registered, and all of the except my .357 magnum (on my nightstand with a trigger lock) are safely locked in a gunsafe. With all of the crazy fukks out there not only do i think it should be legal to own guns, but also to carry them loaded. Youre right it has no effect on me as i live in san jose, but if sf can do it what makes you think other cities wont follow suit? No hard feelings, just my $o.o2

--------------------
RIP Russell W. Krill

84GT5.0
¯
Member # 5227

delete

[ November 09, 2005, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: 84GT5.0 ]

--------------------
RIP Russell W. Krill

spegull03
¯
Member # 2842

quote:

[Roll Eyes] it has to do with the fact of taking away one of the main rights we have as citizens. and plus, the only ones that will be turning in there guns are the good, law-abiding citizens. all the wanna-be thugs and gangsters will still have theirs, because you know they arent registered.
[BS flag]

Throttle Stop
¯
Member # 5515

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Throttle Stop  Ford pictures for Throttle Stop  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rather than banning handguns, to me, the right thing is to enforce the laws that are on the books. I remember about 20 years ago, maybe more, there was a law about using a gun and going to jail. I don't know if that is still a current law, but it should be enforced, and stronger. If you use have a gun when commiting a crime, whether or not you use it, and you're found guilty in court or by admission, than automatic life in prison, no matter of your age.

Oh, and they'll need to build more prisons. I like that Sherrif in Arizona that uses tents in the desert. If every juristiction used the same ideas, crime would go down. Just my thoughts.

Posts: 110 | From: Roseville, Ca. | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
84GT5.0
¯
Member # 5227

quote:
Originally posted by Throttle Stop:
Rather than banning handguns, to me, the right thing is to enforce the laws that are on the books. I remember about 20 years ago, maybe more, there was a law about using a gun and going to jail. I don't know if that is still a current law, but it should be enforced, and stronger. If you use have a gun when commiting a crime, whether or not you use it, and you're found guilty in court or by admission, than automatic life in prison, no matter of your age.

Oh, and they'll need to build more prisons. I like that Sherrif in Arizona that uses tents in the desert. If every juristiction used the same ideas, crime would go down. Just my thoughts.

I agree with the prison time thing. 99.9% of gun owners dont use their guns in an illegal way. its the punk ass gangbangers that do that kind of crap. Fukk a desert tent prison, lets re open alcatraz!!!

--------------------
RIP Russell W. Krill

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

quote:
Originally posted by 84GT5.0:
quote:

As an avid gun enthusiast and multiple gun owner, i resent the statement relating gun owners to rednecks. Why should i have to live in texas to own a firearm. All of my guns are legal and registered, and all of the except my .357 magnum (on my nightstand with a trigger lock) are safely locked in a gunsafe. With all of the crazy fukks out there not only do i think it should be legal to own guns, but also to carry them loaded. Youre right it has no effect on me as i live in san jose, but if sf can do it what makes you think other cities wont follow suit? No hard feelings, just my $o.o2
NO hard feelings whats so ever, we are all just stating our opinions. Personaly I really dont have a problems with guns, I myself do not own one but I have thought about getting one. But what can you really do, The legislature went to a vote by the people and won.... That is the way america is, It is not like Arnold just went out and said YOU CANT OWN A GUN, the people of SF voted on it. That is the point Im making. If you live in SF and own a gun and didnt vote, then that is your fault and nobody else.

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com