Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » X-Box 360

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: X-Box 360
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does anyone know where you can pre-order the X-Box 360 system. I'm looking to get one the day it comes out. If anyone knows how to get it for sure please let me know.

thanks [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was told at EBgames that if you preordered now, and for some reason they didnt get enough for all the pre-orders... you prolly wouldnt get one.

BUT they also told me that if you pay infull, you would be put 1st inline and garanteed a system.

but from what Iv'e read, all the major stores *should* have enough to meet demand. Microsoft had more than enough for the original system's launch... It shouldnt be like when the PS2 launched at all

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
MustyTang
I love chocolate girls
Member # 896

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustyTang  Ford pictures for MustyTang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was told by a lady @ Babbage's yesterday that Microsoft put a stop to the preordering a few weeks ago. You aren't gonna get it the day it launches unless you 1) preordered it a looooong time ago.....2) Pay someone some good cash to sell their's....or 3) You jack somebody [patriot]

You may be able to get it a few weeks after the launch though, but it's probably not gonna be easy.

It looks sweet though. I'm very tempted to get it for myself. A friend of mine is getting it launch day, so I'm gonna check it out first before I buy. I can't wait for the Revolution though [worship] ....hopefully the 1st or 2nd quarter of next year!!

[ November 01, 2005, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: MustyTang ]

--------------------
2004 Dark Shadow Gray Mustang GT

Posts: 2178 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I gotz mine!...

I was told there was no more pre-orders as well. I'm glad I did mine last month.

-

[ November 01, 2005, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Really, none of them know... the software etc (same company as babbages) said that they were still taking them... the salesmen dont really know [Frown]

we wont know for sure until 0001 on the 22nd lol

that and the salesman at the EBgames here said that he garunteed that if I paid for my system in full, i would be at the front of the line. Thats all I care about.

[ November 01, 2005, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: 94gt ]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtverrt  Ford pictures for 90gtverrt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
At the gamestop they go by when you preorderd it. I did that months ago, and Im in the first shipment! Cant wait...

Got Project Gotham 3 coming too

SWEET.

My 52" Widescreen High def tv should look fuggin sweet.

Mike

Posts: 1199 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yess I got one. They are taking pre-orders at Best Buy if you wanna buy a bundle kit, if anyone cares it is the only Best Buy that is doing this from what I hear. It is the Best Buy in the Colma Shopping Center. [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

CLEEN 50, its funny that you mention best buy, I went to the one here in jackson the other day and overheard a sales man say "I garuntee that when we open it will be smooth and not chaotic at all, with plenty of systems to go around. I'm personally making sure of that." rofl

I just started to laugh, I think its gonna be hectic to get one on lauch day (or in some cases 0001 in the morn)

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

You should goto BB in colma. I can't wait this is an early christmas present to myself [Embarrassed]

[ November 04, 2005, 02:47 AM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

I'm in jackson, MS... [Razz]
I have mine on preorder at the local EBgames here.. I'll be able to play it for like 2 days before I have to pack it up to come back to cali rofl

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
I'm in jackson, MS... [Razz]
I have mine on preorder at the local EBgames here.. I'll be able to play it for like 2 days before I have to pack it up to come back to cali rofl

Lol, 18 days and counting [dance] [Cool]

--------------------
91 GT

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

I know, its killing me.. I just got the new Castlevania and the new bond to help tide me over lol 18 days... yipes!

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

What games does everyone plan on getting. I pre-ordered

- NBA live 2006 [worship]
- Oblivion [Eek!]
- Madden 06 [worship] [worship]
- Perfect Dark Zero

I keep watchin the videos for the games and it's making my hair stand up [Eek!] [worship]

[ November 04, 2005, 03:02 AM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
What games does everyone plan on getting. I pre-ordered

- NBA live 2006 [worship]
- Oblivion [Eek!]
- Madden 06 [worship] [worship]
- Perfect Dark Zero

I keep watchin the videos for the games and it's making my hair stand up [Eek!] [worship]

Project Gothem Racing
Call of Duty 2

I had Ghost Recon 2 but the release date was pushed out. Perfect Dark Zero is something I am considering. I'm waiting to hear which basketball game comes out on top NBA 2k6 or NBA live before making a choice. So far Madden does not impress me for Next Gen. game.

[ November 04, 2005, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

from what the game geek said, they got rid of madden talking all the time, and when you are out on the field (which I guess is the new view) you will hear the actual players talking and making noises and stuff...

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

DennisG
¯
Member # 163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DennisG  Ford pictures for DennisG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've heard if you live in a smaller city that camping out at your local BB,Walmart, etc... you should be able to get one on launch day. I preordered back in August, not sure if I'll get one or not. A lot of rumors floating around about quantities at each store but at this point Microsoft has not released any numbers, therefore a lot of speculation but no facts.

--------------------
Chrysler 2006 300C 6.1 SRT8
Stock with 1400 miles -13.2 @ 108.5

Posts: 387 | From: Manteca, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Just based off the original xbox's launch... I'm betting that they will have plenty.
I was also told by the staff at this EBgames, that, if worse comes to worse, the people that payed in full... will get prioirty, even over the people that preordered a long time ago

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

quote:
Just based off the original xbox's launch... I'm betting that they will have plenty.
I was also told by the staff at this EBgames, that, if worse comes to worse, the people that payed in full... will get prioirty, even over the people that preordered a long time ago

Looks like you were wrong... [Big Grin]

--------------------
KB '01 GT

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, theres a major shortage at the moment. I'm glad I got mine. Even though I had to wait 9 hours in line. It was worth it though. Wasn't that boring anyways in line, because of all the hype and suspense.
Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

quote:
Originally posted by Venomized93:
Yeah, theres a major shortage at the moment. I'm glad I got mine. Even though I had to wait 9 hours in line. It was worth it though. Wasn't that boring anyways in line, because of all the hype and suspense.

Well what are your thoughts on the 360?

--------------------
KB '01 GT

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what is it priced at?

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Spitfiremk24
¯
Member # 5698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spitfiremk24  Ford pictures for Spitfiremk24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my dad said that he saw this thing on the news that had a lot of players complaining about it freezing up or getting blue screens... apparently it has some problems but I wouldnt know I have never played it.

our xbox is currently in the mail... It seems the lens went bad and it cant read discs anymore...

--------------------
04 GT

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

quote:
Originally posted by TrueBlue:
quote:

Looks like you were wrong... [Big Grin]
*looks for the middle finger smiley* j/k
Yeah, I would call what I had... blind optimism... I just didnt want to see the launch go this way. I guess they did the UK launch at the same time? that would explain the low quantity better. I'll be uber lucky if I can get one before xmas.

and they are $300 w/o a harddrive and a wired controller... and $400 w/ a harddrive and a wireless controller.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com