Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Question about cars getting stolen lately??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Question about cars getting stolen lately??
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I park most of my cars inside most of the time but worry when I take them out somewhere. Do most people that have gotten there car stolen lately have car alarms? I was just wondering if it is worth a very expensive alarm or if the thiefs are just getting around them. Post up your experience with car alarms.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
DOPE 50
¯
Member # 5892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DOPE 50  Ford pictures for DOPE 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have an expensive alarm and other security things on my 94 i took no chances with it,i had the car for 3 days and the first thing i did was the alarm,i have a Gun pointed striaght at my car so if someone does get in it at least i will hit someone or something [patriot] So if you want my Advice get the alrm [patriot]

--------------------
94 COBRA CLONE CONVERTIBLE
67 SS CHEVY NOVA,CAGED UP,TUBBED,FUEL CELL,ETC..IN THE WORKS.[67SSNOV]
91 INTEGRA ON 17'S
94 Ranger Getting lifted

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was in the process of getting lojack, imo thats the best way to protect your car.

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It seems that fox bodies get stolen much more...is that correct? I can't remember the last time I heard of a sn95 getting stolen. Is it because thieves like the fox bodies more or what?

In any rate...it SUCKS regardless.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My car was one of the ones recently stolen. I had an alarm on it but lost the remote about six months ago. Long story short I didn't get around to putting a new alarm in and I paid dearly for it within six months. Needless to say now that I got the car back in one piece I will be putting a decent alarm on it. I know it won't fend off hardcore thieves but it will foil amateur punks like the ones who stole my car just to joyride it.
shakalaka916
¯
Member # 6057

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for shakalaka916  Ford pictures for shakalaka916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
because its so easy to steal them. They should weld some plates so they cant get to the ing. box, the brake lock and club and alarm. And if u have a garage why the hell dont u park in the garage, make room tell ur wife to get her car out of the way.

--------------------
1996 Red Gt-
K&N FIPK2
Bbk Off Road X-pipe
Slp loudmouth Exhaust

Posts: 88 | From: SaCtOwN 916 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
DOPE 50
¯
Member # 5892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DOPE 50  Ford pictures for DOPE 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive have been told that Foxbodys are just hella easy to get into and easy to start up but i dont really know,i just get so mad when i hear another mustang owner from this site getting there car stolen, most of the people on this site are good people like shifty lx,i havenet met him but on this site he seems like a great guy [patriot]

--------------------
94 COBRA CLONE CONVERTIBLE
67 SS CHEVY NOVA,CAGED UP,TUBBED,FUEL CELL,ETC..IN THE WORKS.[67SSNOV]
91 INTEGRA ON 17'S
94 Ranger Getting lifted

Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black88GT  Ford pictures for Black88GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It took them over a year to get my 91. I left it on the street every night locked, but no alarm. Woke up on Good Friday, and it was gone. What a weird feeling..... They left the club, and took the auto lock.... Both were in the back seat [Roll Eyes]
As far as getting into them? I dont know what the hell I'm doing, and I got in it in 30 seconds....

[ October 17, 2005, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: Black88GT ]

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

whyteLX5.0
¯
Member # 6023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for whyteLX5.0  Ford pictures for whyteLX5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this guy that lives out my way just got his foxbody lx stolen. he had no alarm but he had an appointment to go get one within a week. They took off his cobras, stipped the interior and took shit off the engine. The cops found it in east oakland tore up. you could smell the burnt engine. all they did was do side shows with it.
Posts: 195 | From: Pittsburg/Antioch | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Definatley need alarm! More so if You don't have a garage! Having a mean dog and a gun does'nt hurt either! Could You imagine if You were a thief and have someone let a mean ass dog out then You gotta decide if Ya wanna face the dog, owner, or the cop's! [Eek!] Death to these lazy ass thieves! [Mad]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just saturday night friend went to the movies left his stang at home with a nice alarm and when he got back from the movie his window was busted steering column broke and alarm torn out and sirun cut. they didn't get the car but sure f&cked it up i say alarm and a parked car behind it if u don't have a garage [Wink]
kaoticmk2
¯
Member # 5186

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kaoticmk2  Ford pictures for kaoticmk2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My girlfriend refuses to let me take my mustang to the movies for that exact reason. She wont even take hers there either. Too many cars get broken into and stolen in the parking lots.
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i locked my keys in my droptop once and it took the towtruck driver exactly 2 seconds to open the door with his slimjim [Eek!]
they are insanely easy to steal, plus we put a lot of money into parts for them. i'm tellin ya, lojack is the way to go!

and dope50- [patriot]

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

N0SL050
¯
Member # 2719

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N0SL050  Ford pictures for N0SL050    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have an alarm and a feul cut off switch, which saved my car from being stolen. Just make sure you put the switch in a well hiden spot.. But I would for sure get an alarm and as shifty lx said look into lojack it seems to be a good buy...

--------------------
Kustom Auto Detailing

Posts: 460 | From: Martinez ,Ca | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A good alarm will help but won't prevent your car from getting stolen.

In fact no theft deterant device will prevent your car from getting stolen. The best thing to do is park it inside your garage at night and make sure you use common sense when you leave it parked somewhere else besides your garage.

[patriot]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have an alarm and always park it in the garage fuck the driveway. I try to never leave it on the street or in a parking lot. To many 50's get snatched way to easily. Fucking thieves piss me off. [Mad]

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shakalaka916:
because its so easy to steal them. They should weld some plates so they cant get to the ing. box, the brake lock and club and alarm. And if u have a garage why the hell dont u park in the garage, make room tell ur wife to get her car out of the way.

my friend in newark,ca has a special metal plate that goes al around the ignition colum. hes truck got stolen 2 times already and after he got that. 0........... its like 160 bucks. maybe some of you know what im talking about. you get the key to unlcok it of cours. ill try and see where he ordered it from [patriot]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

G.O.P 351
¯
Member # 6121

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for G.O.P 351  Ford pictures for G.O.P 351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shiftylx:
i locked my keys in my droptop once and it took the towtruck driver exactly 2 seconds to open the door with his slimjim [Eek!]
they are insanely easy to steal, plus we put a lot of money into parts for them. i'm tellin ya, lojack is the way to go!

and dope50- [patriot]

drew...im sorry to hear about the loss. your car was very clean and i loved the deleted antenna.i guess that means i the trade for the 17x8's is off?

btw. there was a late crazy rush at the bar after you and the other guys lef that one night.
[patriot]

--------------------
Who knows KingTom's Backroads?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com