Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Gotta read this kill story...It's F***N funny as hell (LONG)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Gotta read this kill story...It's F***N funny as hell (LONG)
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
from svtperformance.com

THE CONTENDERS: Turbo Beetle and Civic

Now that you've been familiarized with the clown boats racing this river of ridiculosity, let's get on with the story.

I don't drive the firebird at night when I'm not planning to race. The exhaust is louder than Fran Drescher and the less time it's on the road, the less chance shit is going to break. Generally, I drive my beater 1988 Bronco II. It isn't pretty, but it gets the job done. This description can be applied to about the last three girls I've dated.

This particular night, however, I decided to change it up. My mom's a hot rodder at heart, but she's still a girly girl. As girly girly as you can be for a middle aged woman, I suppose. She's got the 6 speed turbo beetle 's'. That's right, you can now row six gears while looking like a complete pantywaist.

As I was out killing time waiting for my buddy to get off of work, I was cruising around with the windows down and some Red Hot Chili Peppers playing to keep me in a nice, mellow, law abiding mood. Fumbling with the headlight knob, I found out how to turn on the brighter-than-hell foglights. This was extremely pleasing, as the only guaranteed working lights I see in the firebird are the red and blue ones that periodically come flying up on my ass.

So there I am, slapping my clammy open palms together and giggling like a schoolgirl at the sheer aesthetic pleasure of these wondrous pools of light that I had created when a slammed white integra pulls up on my left side. Since he's driving normal I don't sneer at him, and just do a quick once-over on his car.

Black hood? Check.
5Zigen Copper Wheels? Check.
5" Muffler with 1/2" ID Tubing? Check.

Hell it isn't my style, but at least he isn't driving like an idiot. Then I hear it. You know the sound, that horrendous yowl of a straightpiped civic hitting quintouple digit RPMS for a flyby. My new friend in the Integra has his nose hairs singed to a stubble as he's cut off by a purple Civic Si. I don't like this driving style at all, and I intend to teach this guy a lesson.

I screw my face up into "righteous indignation mode", click down a gear, and tuck in behind the Civic for some redemption. The Civic makes a right turn at the next stoplight, while the Integra goes forward. I shadow the Civic for maybe an 1/8 mile, after which we hit a red light together. I begin my customary "pre race look over and smirk" routine, and quickly catch myself; realizing what I'm driving. My eyes stay locked to the red and I depress the clutch and put the monster 1.8t into first gear.

I'm hearing no revs or launch prep from the civic, but just in case I disable the traction control and bring the clutch up to just under the point of engagement.

The light goes green, and we launch like old people screw.

I ease her through first gear and shift easily into second at about 2500rpms. Immediately then he dropped the hammer and I heard that "somebody shook the beehive" cacophony of noise from several feet behind me in the adjacent lane. A quick glance at the comically undersized tachometer shows that I'm barely taching 2000 rpms. Those of you with slow turbo cars know what WOT at these horse-lattitude doldrums of power would yield: NOTHING.

I'm already above the first gear lockout speed so I figure, what the hell, and I punch it. I've never heard anything try so hard for such little return, with the exception of Carlos Mencia. The bite sized snail shell wound up instantaneously and pushed with all it's might against the dead weight of the beetle; but with this RPM deficit to overcome, this thing might as well be a conestoga.

Thinking that I've blown the race, I glance over to see where my opponent's at. HE'S FALLING BEHIND. I feel like there's a boat anchor tied to my bumper, and this asshat is still losing ground. Holy Christ, my entire concept of contemporary physics has just been obliterated. Black is white. Up is down. Queen ripped off Vanilla Ice's timeless classic "Ice Ice Baby."

I slam third and run it to redline. As I hit 6500, I cease the 'giddy' and put some 'whoa' on the old pony until I'm back to legal speeds. The Civic is hanging back, apparently deciding how to handle this ego destroyingly embarassing loss. How does he end up handling it? You won't believe this.

He downshifted and flew past me, only to cut me off and throw on his hazards. Shocking, I know. I pulled even with him and shrugged as if to say, "You know in your heart who won, man. And even though I'm driving the number one volume car bought by homosexuals worldwide, I just beat you in a drag race with it."

As I made a u-turn to head back towards Lowe's to meet up with my friend, I examined the built in flower vase on the dashboard, and I reflected on the night's proceedings.

Only one flower grows in this car, I thought. The sweet, sweet chrysanthemum of victory.

[ October 11, 2005, 04:24 AM: Message edited by: twisted54 ]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hahah stupid ricer fly bys, that guy must have been thinkng that he supposely beat a bettle, now he can take on a cobra [burnout]
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
03smknsvt
¯
Member # 5514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03smknsvt  Ford pictures for 03smknsvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
poor ricer [Roll Eyes] . his life will never be the same.

--------------------
03 silver cobra #3461 out of 8394
96 gt supercharged
03 mach 1
93 cobra
99 black bird
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:

Black hood? Check.
5Zigen Copper Wheels? Check.
5" Muffler with 1/2" ID Tubing? Check.

LMAO.
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i want a turbo beetle [worship]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Haha, well written!
Luke

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Haha, well written!
Luke

Ditto! [worship]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you have time to kill, you should read all his other street racing stories...they're really good. He has a link to all of them on SVTPERFORMANCE.COM.

--------------------

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship]
quote:
Holy Christ, my entire concept of contemporary physics has just been obliterated. Black is white. Up is down. Queen ripped off Vanilla Ice's timeless classic "Ice Ice Baby."

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Here are my favorite few lines...

"I pulled even with him and shrugged as if to say, "You know in your heart who won, man. And even though I'm driving the number one volume car bought by homosexuals worldwide, I just beat you in a drag race with it."" [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

DOPE 50
¯
Member # 5892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DOPE 50  Ford pictures for DOPE 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Turbo bugs are out

--------------------
94 COBRA CLONE CONVERTIBLE
67 SS CHEVY NOVA,CAGED UP,TUBBED,FUEL CELL,ETC..IN THE WORKS.[67SSNOV]
91 INTEGRA ON 17'S
94 Ranger Getting lifted

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Originally posted by DOPE 50:
Turbo bugs are out

When were they ever in... [Confused]

--------------------

six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Haha, well written!
Luke

WOW, reading that I actually thought I was driveing that Beetle. WELL WRITTEN [patriot]

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
yohuallin
¯
Member # 4452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yohuallin  Ford pictures for yohuallin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by six 5.0:
quote:
Haha, well written!
Luke

WOW, reading that I actually thought I was driveing that Beetle. WELL WRITTEN [patriot]
really nice writting... ill PM him when i have an essay due [patriot]
Posts: 359 | From: sacramento | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com