Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » my 1967 is going to be famous!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: my 1967 is going to be famous!
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So, in about a year, you're gonna be seeing two movies that have either my 1967 mustang, me, or both!
I got a link off this board, from francesco i think, about a casting company looking for classic cars for movies.
i sent in a pic and description of the 67 and about a week later i heard from them saying they want to use the car
and maybe me!
so two weeks ago on sunday, i showed up at the old Chronicle building in SF for the upcoming movie Zodiac,
about, who else, the zodiac killer. they had me park my car on an alley along with a '63 Le Sabre, '60 microbus,
'60 mercedes, and a '65 Torino droptop.
then they had me dress up in some wack 60's clothes and they used me as an extra walking behind the action a couple
of times!
so here are some pics of the other cars in the shoot:
here are a lineup of some old cabs and cop cars they used:
 -
 -

-
 -

-

-
 -
here is the way the scene is going to be shot....with my car on ther corner(sorry for the crappy pic, they confiscated my camera):
 -

[ October 07, 2005, 01:00 AM: Message edited by: shiftylx ]

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
then a week later, they had me in another movie called "pursuit of happyness" with will smith and his son Jaydan. in this one they had me drive around, and i'm sure it's gonna be in the movie, and i got to shake will smiths hand! he's a real nice guy...here are the other cars, a 70 caddy eldorado that was sick(check out the old-school Muni bus and part of my car in the background):
 -
an original owner Barracuda(and she was driving it!):
 -
and ANOTHER avacado-green 67 mustang coupe! this one was fucked up, but he was in a better spot in the beginning of the shoot, so they used him more than me [Mad]
 -

and just a random shot of the 67:
 -

thanks for the read guys!

[ October 07, 2005, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: shiftylx ]

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn thats soo cool!! i know once my 69 is up and running it'll get used in my friends movies once they hit it big (and they will, they are GOOD)

let us know when those movies come out [patriot]

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
holy shit, congrats Drew! [Whoo Whooooo!] [Big Grin]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sound's like a great experience! Did they pay You? How long were You there?

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

1991CHP
¯
Member # 5097

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1991CHP  Ford pictures for 1991CHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
|Ddi you jion the actors gild, union, etc... It pays pretty nice. Afriend of the family has been in like 200 or so movies.

Rite on.

--------------------
Asphalt Mafia: Founder.

I felt guilty once, but she woke up half way through it.

http://gotbluemilk.com/web050516/24/index.html

Posts: 815 | From: S.F. / SACRAMENTO | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Film Actors Guild

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse  Ford pictures for crazyhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats awesome, did you leave the california fords sticker on the window when they shot?

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats Awsome, Congrats!
Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shiftylx:

then they had me dress up in some wack 60's clothes and they used me as an extra walking behind the action a couple
of times:

so you're saying you got a make-over and now you look allot better! [Razz] but anywho congads drew! [worship]

[ October 07, 2005, 04:57 AM: Message edited by: Camaro Kid Z/28 ]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why did the confiscate your camera?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

93redcobra
CAFords OG
Member # 1344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93redcobra  Ford pictures for 93redcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like fun
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

thanks for the kind words guys [patriot]

smokin- for the zodiac shoot i was there for about 8 hours, but for the pursuit picture i was there for twelve and a half hours!!
they pay 69.00 for 8 hours, then time and a half until 12, and double time after that. i still haven't gotten my checks, but i'm expecting around $250 for both, not bad, but it's mostly for the experience!

1991chp- you have to be in a minimum of 3 pictures to get into the union, so i'm one away!

crazyhorse- yes i did leave the cafords sticker on there, but i don't think it was in any shots or they probably would've told me to take it off.

ernesto- they even gave me fake sideburns [dance]

dana- i was taking pics of the cars as they were setup and a makeup lady asked to hold it while i was in a scene, then told me i'd get it back at the end of the shoot.

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOW DUDE SWEEEEET! ur sn acTOR. Damn its been a long ass time since i posted. I feel sooo lost.

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Drew.. can i have your autograph.. [Big Grin]
Congrats. [patriot]

--------------------
=(

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
Drew.. can i have your autograph.. [Big Grin]
Congrats. [patriot]

you can't afford it pal [Razz]

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

510_STANG
¯
Member # 4252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510_STANG  Ford pictures for 510_STANG  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats cool [patriot]
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

quote:
Originally posted by 510_STANG:
thats cool [patriot]

thanks man [patriot]

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com