Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 5.0 MAGAZINE.............

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 5.0 MAGAZINE.............
1991CHP
¯
Member # 5097

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1991CHP  Ford pictures for 1991CHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a question for you guys/girls. am I the only one who is pissed off about the whole "5.0 MAGAZINE?"

What do you mean? Well, when was the last time you seen a copy on only 5.0's?? It pisses me off!!! I have nothing against 96 to 2005 MUSTANGS, but I didnt buy a magazine that says "4.6 or 96-2005 MUSTANG." NO, I bought one that says 5.0. I understand its cool to have other cars in the mag, new models etc... but come come now. Look at one of your mags at home and find the "token" 5.0 which isnt really that. Its a $30,000.00 blown nitrous 347 stroker..... 5.0.

Maybe its just me. [Confused]

--------------------
Asphalt Mafia: Founder.

I felt guilty once, but she woke up half way through it.

http://gotbluemilk.com/web050516/24/index.html

Posts: 815 | From: S.F. / SACRAMENTO | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you saw the 5.0 Mustang title but, you overlooked the and superfords surtag.. [Wink]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i agree with 1991CHP, lately in the 5.0 mags there havent been many 5.0 all thats in there are 4.6's and the 05
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
1991CHP
¯
Member # 5097

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1991CHP  Ford pictures for 1991CHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
you saw the 5.0 Mustang title but, you overlooked the and superfords surtag.. [Wink]

I understand... BUTTTT It says 5.0 HELLA BIG & super fords. Letting me know, this a 5.0 MAG, but also has other fords. Not the other way around. [patriot]

--------------------

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they have to please everybody, not just one particular crowd...

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

1991CHP
¯
Member # 5097

quote:

Ummm yah NO. Have you seen how magazines are out today. The reason thier is so many, is that 1 magazine cant please everyone, nor should it. [dance]

--------------------

Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juiced-03  Ford pictures for Juiced-03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think they do a good job at mixing it up. I think they figure anyone who buys a Mustang magazine will appreciate ALL years (and engines) and not just the title. There is actually a new magazine that just came out called Modified Mustangs. It has a nice mix of everything. Somehow I got a free 2 year subscription because it just showed up one day haha.

--------------------
Just your typical modded '03 Cobra

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MM&FF is the way to go. You get the best of both world.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not complaining cause somehow a 50MUSTANG magazine come to my house every month N i didn't pay for it. [Whoo Whooooo!] for free magazines!!
PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I do agree with you on that about the 5.0 mag not featuring allot of 5.0's like when mine came out the mag was plastard with 05 mustang stuff but there were a few foxes you cant get mad the thing you have to remeber is that the company prime media or who ever it is is making a mag. to make "money" and the 05 mustang is one of the hottest cars out right now and with ways to moddify them and customize them they have taken the fords by storm so they put allot of 05 stuff but there still is some foxes it just makes are cars more rare and valuable! [patriot]
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

quote:
Originally posted by 1991CHP:
quote:

Ummm yah NO. Have you seen how magazines are out today. The reason thier is so many, is that 1 magazine cant please everyone, nor should it. [dance]
you practically just said the same thing I did.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I understand... BUTTTT It says 5.0 HELLA BIG & super fords. Letting me know, this a 5.0 MAG, but also has other fords. Not the other way around. [patriot]
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I have a question for you guys/girls. am I the only one who is pissed off about the whole "5.0 MAGAZINE?"

What do you mean? Well, when was the last time you seen a copy on only 5.0's?? It pisses me off!!! I have nothing against 96 to 2005 MUSTANGS, but I didnt buy a magazine that says "4.6 or 96-2005 MUSTANG." NO, I bought one that says 5.0. I understand its cool to have other cars in the mag, new models etc... but come come now. Look at one of your mags at home and find the "token" 5.0 which isnt really that. Its a $30,000.00 blown nitrous 347 stroker..... 5.0.

So don't buy it.
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

quote:
Originally posted by BlueOvalRacing:
quote:

So don't buy it.
[patriot]

[ September 24, 2005, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: 94gt ]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:

[patriot]

--------------------
86' LX Vert

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by archersgt:
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:

[patriot]
that's what I have subscription for.
1991CHP
¯
Member # 5097

Just posting my opinion, no need for you guys to get butt hurt. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i agree MM&FF is the way to go if want to see a bunch of 4.6 and 05's thats why i don't buy it. i subscribed to 5.0 mag for the simple fact 5.0--- duh. well its due for a renew and i will not renew it because its wothless to me because i don't like reading about SUPER FORDS & 5.0 mustangs i like 5.0's fox bodies. so i hope someone comes out with a FOXBODY MAGAZINE
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well in a Magazines eyes, not many people are building Magazine quality Fox's these days. Big reason why they are not making the magazines. Magazines need to sell. To do this they need advertisers. Those companies that want to advertise in those magazines sell more parts then just Foxbody stuff. They need to stay in business too! If you want foxbody only stuff, Call 5.0 Resto and ask for a catalog, that way you can stare at fox stuff all day.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have both and I love both. Besides, both magazines give me an idea as to what the potential is for ALL mustangs. I don't mind reading about the newer mustangs at all because honestly, when I pull up to one on a Sunday afternoon, I want to know what it is capable of.

Besides, focusing on the same material year after year does nothing for progressive knowledge regarding 5.0's. HA; on a funny side note, I just realized that most of the older 5.0's are now becoming collectors. Why? Simply because so many have been killed off in accidents etc... Anyway, I would say unsubscribe if you don't like what comes in the mail each month.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1784 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com