Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Watch out in TEXAS!!! WHoA (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Watch out in TEXAS!!! WHoA
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I feel sorry for those people. I also feel sorry for my bank account, gas is probably gonna go up again.
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
I feel sorry for those people. I also feel sorry for my bank account, gas is probably gonna go up again.

I heard 4 buck's an gallon [Eek!] Let's pray that the hurricane does'nt make it to shore!

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse  Ford pictures for crazyhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard 4 buck's an gallon Let's pray that the hurricane does'nt make it to shore!

[ September 21, 2005, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: crazyhorse ]

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse  Ford pictures for crazyhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
amen to that!

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what if it turns north and heads back up to new orleans to finish what the other one mearly started... [Eek!]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cat 5 Hurricane,
be prepared for high gas prices, its going to come to shore somewhere in the gulf.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Someone created a natural dissaster warhead and is gonna take out the United States of America...

buuuuuuuuuuuudeeeeeee [Eek!]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
prediction of media next week:

1) its all bush's fault
2) where's OUR debit cards?
3) FUBU and Nike have gone out of business due to lootings.
4) gas jumps $0.35/gallon

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blind:
prediction of media next week:

1) its all bush's fault
2) where's OUR debit cards?
3) FUBU and Nike have gone out of business due to lootings.
4) gas jumps $0.35/gallon

Yep i can see all that happening.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WTF IS THIS TEXAS MAN THINKING?!

-

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
UNTOUCHABLE2
¯
Member # 5889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNTOUCHABLE2  Ford pictures for UNTOUCHABLE2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i feel bad for making fun of the situation but when i was asked this question by my lil brother i lmao.... he saw a thing that said people were sending food and water to the people down there he asked me "why do they need water dont they have enough?" i about fell out
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

GALVESTON, Texas (Reuters) - Cars clogged Texas highways with more than a million people fleeing Hurricane Rita on Thursday as the Category 5 storm roared through the Gulf of Mexico on a potentially catastrophic course.

Heavy traffic jammed highways from Corpus Christi in southern Texas into Louisiana as coastal residents, heeding the lessons of Hurricane Katrina, headed inland to escape what has become one of the most intense storms on record.

The National Hurricane Center said the path of Rita, with top winds dropping slightly to 165 mph (265 kph), had shifted toward the north. It appeared to be headed toward Galveston and Houston, the nation's fourth largest city and center of the U.S. oil industry.

As Rita neared, Exxon Mobil said it was closing the biggest U.S. oil refinery in Baytown, Texas and another in Beaumont, 90 miles east.

The closings, combined with earlier shutdowns due to Rita and Katrina three weeks ago, raised to at least 12 the number of U.S. refineries out of commission. Together, they had nearly 20 percent of U.S. refining capacity, raising the specter of serious gasoline shortages in the days ahead.

A hurricane warning was in effect from Port O'Connor, Texas, to Morgan City, Louisiana.

Rita was expected to lose a little steam as it neared land, but was still forecast to hit Texas as no less than a Category 3 storm with winds of up to 130 mph (209 kph).

"It's not a good picture for us at this point," said a grim Galveston city manager Steve LeBlanc. "We're in for a historic storm."

Weather forecasters told Galveston officials to expect Gulf waters to surge over a 17-foot (5-meter) seawall that protects the island city, he said. The seawall was constructed after a 1900 hurricane that killed 8,000 people in the worst U.S. natural disaster.

Houston, headquarters to many large energy firms, was expecting flooding from a storm surge in Galveston Bay and up to 18 inches of rain, weather forecasters said.

As of 11 a.m. EDT, Rita's center was about 460 miles southeast of Galveston and 445 miles southeast of Port Arthur with hurricane-force winds that extended 85 miles from its center. It was moving west-northwest at about 9 mph (15 kph), the hurricane center said.

Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco urged coastal communities to evacuate as forecasts indicated Rita would come closer to state than previously thought.

SLOW JOURNEY

People began flooding out of the coastal region on Wednesday and the mass exodus continued on Thursday. Residents of the island city of Galveston, Corpus Christi and low-lying parts of Houston 50 miles inland were among the 1.3 million Texans told to evacuate.

Bumper-to-bumper traffic jams filled the region's highways. Area stores were scrambling to keep supplies on the shelves while gas stations with fuel to sell dwindled to a precious few.

"I'm leaving. I'm just not going to chance it," said Rebecca Henson, 23, in Galveston, as she prepared to head north from the island.

"When they said it was going to hit Corpus Christi, that was OK, but I don't want to be hit dead on," she said.

"I don't think they would have made this big a deal about it before, but Katrina has made everybody want to get out," said Karen Mclinjoy, who was in a Houston traffic jam trying to get to Dallas, 240 miles north.

The departure of so many reminded of similar scenes just three weeks before in New Orleans as Hurricane Katrina came ashore and most in the city of 450,000 people, many of them to Texas.

Federal and Texas officials moved quickly to put rescue efforts in place to avoid the chaotic scenes of death, violence and looting that befell New Orleans when rescue operations there floundered.

At the White House, President George W. Bush was briefed on preparations for dealing with Hurricane Rita and on the latest storm track and spoke with Texas Gov. Rick Perry.

Maj. Gen. Charles Rodriguez of the Texas National Guard told CNN they have 3,500 troops on the ground and expect to have 5,000 by Friday evening and Saturday morning.

City officials in New Orleans, 350 miles east of Houston, evacuated people on Wednesday and were prepared to put more on buses out of the city if Rita turned in its direction.

Rita, still a small storm at that point, brushed across the Florida Keys on Tuesday, but did little damage.

It turned into a brute that filled half the Gulf on Wednesday and sent energy companies scurrying to evacuate production platforms in the rich oil and gas fields offshore that produce a third of U.S. oil.

About 73 percent of total offshore oil production and 47 percent of natural gas output was shut in as of Wednesday, according to the U.S. Minerals Management Service.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

How many people from New Orleans are in Texas now? Someone from New Orleans has pissed someone off! The hurricanes are following them [Eek!]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

I bet more people will be moving to California next year from the south than there was before.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
I bet more people will be moving to California next year from the south than there was before.

Shit hopefully they go to SoCal and not anywhere around here.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
quote:

most likely they will. Weather is the same almost.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dammit, watch the hurricane somehow follow the new orleans folks over here to cali ! [Eek!]

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SFvert
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

dang mang why you gotta be racist,,, [BS flag] just messing with you,, J/k,, I guess it was early enough in the game for me to pull out the race card [Razz]

--------------------
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sf89lx:
quote:
quote:

dang mang why you gotta be racist,,, [BS flag] just messing with you,, J/k,, I guess it was early enough in the game for me to pull out the race card [Razz]
[Wink]

Just do it in the weekend, it will be more effective lol

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
stockishlx
badazz
Member # 5804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stockishlx  Ford pictures for stockishlx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuckin gas stations see this as a opportunity, do you know that 50% of the gas for vehicles that california uses comes from CALIFORNIA. so they are just fucking us over. there is a BIGGG investigation going on right now. so when gas prices go up thats BS cuz we shouldnt be paying for the rise in price when it doesnt affect us.

as for people moving here?? yah right!! they cant afford this area, lets see... 600k for a 30yr old home or 150k for a new home in texas....haha

87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87GeeTee  Ford pictures for 87GeeTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stockishlx:
fuckin gas stations see this as a opportunity, do you know that 50% of the gas for vehicles that california uses comes from CALIFORNIA. so they are just fucking us over.

Shh.. [Razz]

--------------------
Member #: 5145
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

2002 GT; Gone But Not Forgotten
1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

Posts: 4278 | From: San Pablo | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z pyro  Ford pictures for z pyro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thank god im gettin a bike [Eek!]

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt
'65 Mustang 289 - soon to be 306

Posts: 1732 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
SFvert
Member # 3965

quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
quote:
Originally posted by sf89lx:
quote:
quote:

[Wink]
shiittt, ima be super busy this weekend,, maybe I'll get a post or two in
Just do it in the weekend, it will be more effective lol

[burnout]

--------------------

SFvert
Member # 3965

quote:
Originally posted by stockishlx:
fuckin gas stations see this as a opportunity, do you know that 50% of the gas for vehicles that california uses comes from CALIFORNIA. so they are just fucking us over. there is a BIGGG investigation going on right now. so when gas prices go up thats BS cuz we shouldnt be paying for the rise in price when it doesnt affect us.

as for people moving here?? yah right!! they cant afford this area, lets see... 600k for a 30yr old home or 150k for a new home in texas....haha

whos doin the investigation???

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com