Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Any UPS workers out there?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Any UPS workers out there?
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I shipped a LARGE box that is 57 lbs. Large meaning 2 1/2 feet long and at least 3 feet high. In any case our security video shows the driver picking up the package, loading it on his truck and driving away.

This was on the 25th. Today I track it and it shows that they never picked it up. I've put a "tracer" on it but received little to no information on what happends next. So my question is, what happends next?

How can something so large get lost? This was 1 of 3 packages and the other two packages were just as big. One 37 lbs. and the other also 57 lbs. The other 2 have been delivered already but this third one they say they never picked up.

[Frown] [Frown]

mustangdude24
¯
Member # 6581

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustangdude24  Ford pictures for mustangdude24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Call 1-800-PICK-UPS and file a claim.
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think twogunkid works for UPS
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I filed a claim...they called it a 'tracer' I think.

Haulin - PM me an address to pick those vert panels up at. I can come by tomorrow after work. I'd be comin from Fremont and not until after 5pm..will that work for you?

UPDATE ON UPS - just checked status. Status says "Exception". What does that mean?

[ August 31, 2006, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Jdub07 ]

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAssMaro:

No I work for Fedex.
And its called a engine.

Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAssMaro:

No I work for Fedex.
And its called a engine.

It AN Engine not A engine,jackass [Razz]
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i work for ups and the only thing i can think of is that maybe the package got ripped open some how or the label got tore off and they cant find it and maybe taht shit is sitting in the wherehouse.go down and ask if they have any packages that were found but they dont know where they are supposedt be sent to.
tomstir
¯
Member # 389

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tomstir  Ford pictures for tomstir    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check your pm
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Replied -

Status today still at - EXCEPTION [Frown]

Where is the Sunnyvale UPS location that packages go to?

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

TTT...any help?

How can something so big just go missing? No one will help me on the phone through UPS. They talk to me like I did something wrong. It has to be sitting at their sunnyvale location. I'm guessing the hammerwood ct. address...but I don't know if they take all the parcles there or not. And there are so many UPS type locations in sunyvale with no phone numbers listed. I can't just go driving around the bay area lookin for this thing.

Can someone shed some light on how they go about their investigation? This is so lame. Item is RARE and can't just be replaced by going and getting another one at walmart. I don't want them to cash me out on it. I NEED THE PACKAGE TO SHOW UP and its been 8 days now.

No body notices a huge box sitting around for 8 friggin days????! There is no way the box could have just opened up. The box is taped, plastic wrapped and strapped closed. As far as the lable I don't see how it could just fall off. Anyone try and take one of the lables off after its been put on? They don't just come off...they rip and peel but not easy to remove.

I guess my rant is done. [Mad]

5.0Caliber
¯
Member # 5865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Caliber  Ford pictures for 5.0Caliber    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Trust me labels can come off quite easily when the box is being shipped and processed, I used to work for fedex in the area where boxes like your would come through(Huge, heavy, non-square) and the stuff would be man-handled. You should find out where the major processing locations are, not the pick up and drop off stores. Thats where they usually keep the stuff if the package is messed up or something, for fedex there was the oakland airport hub and Eves st. locations, for the UPS I know they have something like that in oakland around Swan Way, might want to call them or go there and ask around [Confused] .

[ September 01, 2006, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: 5.0Caliber ]

--------------------
Non-rice 05 Civic LX

Im a rookie all over again.

# 4904

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

The box was square as any. Just big. 57 lbs. is heavy but not that heavy. I guess the investigation takes up to 21 days [Frown]

I'm going to give ups the benifit of the doubt. This is only the FIRST time something has gone wrong. Granted it is the one thing out of everything I'd rather NOT have gone wrong their track record has been pretty good.

I'll try and find a number to the oakland place your talking about. Not much to go on, but thanks!

[ September 01, 2006, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Jdub07 ]

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all i can say is next time dont ship ups ha ha, but really you got to find the hub, certain cities go to certain hubs and go from there. like martinez antioch bay point and so on go to the concord center so find what hub carys your city stop a driver in your city and ask them what the address is and go down there.
Fast_Bitch
¯
Member # 2316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast_Bitch  Ford pictures for Fast_Bitch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I work as a driver for ups I'll send you a Pm to get more info on it

--------------------
www.GirlsFmx.com

Think you can keep up ?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com