Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Sacramento State (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sacramento State
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So i went to my Orientation today and i went to a Police Officer workshop and they told us that theift is the number one problem on campus. So i asked them, "Whats the number 1 car stolen from the parking lots?"
The officers answer "Ford Mustangs from 95 and earlier" [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

So i am in the market for a beater [dance]

Oh and on the way home from school, my Mustang hit 100000 miles
 -
I took a pic when i got home...

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, college campuses are notorious for car theft and breakins. Their parking lots are huge and largly unattended. Also, a thief can pretty much guarentee that you will be gone for at least an hour after you park your car.

It really sux [Frown]

EDIT: Other than that Sac State is a pretty good school. What's you major?

[ June 20, 2006, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: 92stangLX ]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92stangLX:
Yeah, college campuses are notorious for car theft and breakins. Their parking lots are huge and largly unattended. Also, a thief can pretty much guarentee that you will be gone for at least an hour after you park your car.

Ya just ask Jersey (Jmir018) [Frown]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think it depends where you park your car. I go to sac state, if you park in the parking garage and have an alarm/ auto lock you will be ok. Its the cars that are parked outside way in the back that have problems. Security does not patrol that area much. If your in the garages you will almost always see parking enforcement check cars for parking permits/walking around.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
I think it depends where you park your car. I go to sac state, if you park in the parking garage and have an alarm/ auto lock you will be ok. Its the cars that are parked outside way in the back that have problems. Security does not patrol that area much. If your in the garages you will almost always see parking enforcement check cars for parking permits/walking around.

I heard the Ramona Ave parking lot always has someone attending the gate.

I got a bunch of security stuff on my car but i still worry. I'm gonna buy a beater hopefully or my mom wants a little car that she can cruise maybe i'll just pimp her expi or something if my dad finds her a car.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92stangLX:

It really sux [Frown]

EDIT: Other than that Sac State is a pretty good school. What's you major?

My major is Fire Science/Fire Services Management. I might minor in Human Resources Management.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First I would like to say congrats and good luck next semester, I'll be my last semester so i'm excited....

about stolen cars, if you ask me I don't worry, i've always driven my foxbodies there, I drove my 96 Cobra there all the time and never had problem, you just have to be smart about how you park. Have an Alarm, and when parking a foxbody pop the hood and disconnect something. But like I said I've never had a problem, I also know lots of students that go to CSUS and I always park in the same spot so I know my friends have their eyes out for my car. Is parking a problem?? YES it is a big problem, last semester there was a day that they stole 3 mustangs in one day, so Try not to drive your mustangs, and if you have to, have a good alarm and pull into school quietly with out getting any attention. Don't riv up or blast music.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
First I would like to say congrats and good luck next semester, I'll be my last semester so i'm excited....

about stolen cars, if you ask me I don't worry, i've always driven my foxbodies there, I drove my 96 Cobra there all the time and never had problem, you just have to be smart about how you park. Have an Alarm, and when parking a foxbody pop the hood and disconnect something. But like I said I've never had a problem, I also know lots of students that go to CSUS and I always park in the same spot so I know my friends have their eyes out for my car. Is parking a problem?? YES it is a big problem, last semester there was a day that they stole 3 mustangs in one day, so Try not to drive your mustangs, and if you have to, have a good alarm and pull into school quietly with out getting any attention. Don't riv up or blast music.

I don't do any of that stuff.
i am going to try not to drive my Mustang. Maybe my dad will let me cruise the Lightning [Wink]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
quote:

I heard the Ramona Ave parking lot always has someone attending the gate.

I got a bunch of security stuff on my car but i still worry. I'm gonna buy a beater hopefully or my mom wants a little car that she can cruise maybe i'll just pimp her expi or something if my dad finds her a car.

I always saw a lot of broken glass on the street in the back of campus. A lot of people who did not pay for parking permits parked their.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sac State is a great campus and even though theft is our biggest problem, it is an extremely safe school. Besides, I would much rather have theft be a problem than rape or any other form of violence.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1784 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^^

I agree, but people who get their stuff stolen are almost asking for it. If you read the newspaper its all stuff like. Stolen purse, computer, etc. I will bet 100$ its people who leave their purse or computer on the drivers seat in plain view...

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Cobrar96
¯
Member # 3050

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobrar96  Ford pictures for Cobrar96  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have my cobra parked around town in chico for 2 years and havent had any problems...just keep it locked up and alarm.

--------------------
96 SVT DROP 70k
96 Yota 4x4 2.7

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had my Lightning as well as my roommates mustang in chico in a covered car tent and both got broken into on warner!

I now go to CSUEB and I rarely drive the lightning I usually take my beater.

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get lowjack or a gps system.
no car of mine will ever NOT have either one as i have learned recently you can never be safe enough.
I'd get gps just so YOU could be the one busting the fuckers instead of the police. [Wink]
Good luck [patriot]

[ June 23, 2006, 12:40 AM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Yeah it seems like its a cool school. I might go to some of the events and stuff only if i don't have to worry about my car being stolen so i better find a beater. Theres hella cars up here for under a grand. Theres a 92 Crown Victoria for 1200, i could make it into a police car lookalike [Smile]
Maybe i should buy an import i could park it anywhere cause i wouldn't car if anyone keyed me or hit me. Theres a couple Preludes for under a grand in there one might even come with a fart can it says "modified" lol

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juiced-03  Ford pictures for Juiced-03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've parked all of my cars there and never had a problem. 95GT, '01 Cobra, '03 Cobra, never been broken into. My '01 Cobra was keyed most likely at school, but I cannot confirm that because I didn't notice it until the day after school. Better that than having the top slashed though. If you go to school during the day, I'd say your car is pretty damn safe, especially in the morning. At night, park in the staff parking close to your classes if you can.

Turn your wheels all the way to one side so it can't be towed, and don't back into your spot. Install a fuel pump switch or something and maybe buy a Club. All of these thing combined will definitely help your chances of keeping your car. Keep a low profile, and don't rev in the parking lot or burnout in front of the dorms lol. Luckily this semester I'm carpooling on my brother's car so my Cobra will be safe at home. Maybe I'll see you at school sometime.

[ June 23, 2006, 02:01 AM: Message edited by: Juiced-03 ]

--------------------
Just your typical modded '03 Cobra

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by Juiced-03:
I've parked all of my cars there and never had a problem. 95GT, '01 Cobra, '03 Cobra, never been broken into. My '01 Cobra was keyed most likely at school, but I cannot confirm that because I didn't notice it until the day after school. Better that than having the top slashed though. If you go to school during the day, I'd say your car is pretty damn safe, especially in the morning. At night, park in the staff parking close to your classes if you can.

Turn your wheels all the way to one side so it can't be towed, and don't back into your spot. Install a fuel pump switch or something and maybe buy a Club. All of these thing combined will definitely help your chances of keeping your car. Keep a low profile, and don't rev in the parking lot or burnout in front of the dorms lol. Luckily this semester I'm carpooling on my brother's car so my Cobra will be safe at home. Maybe I'll see you at school sometime.

why not back into the spot?
I don't do burnouts or rev.
I have a couple security stuff but i still don't like the idea of pakring it there

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juiced-03  Ford pictures for Juiced-03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you back into your spot, it makes it easy for someone just to tow the front and take off with your car. If you park normal and turn your wheels to one side, they will have a hell of time trying to tow it lol. Even with a flatbad it's not going to work out too well for them.

[ June 23, 2006, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: Juiced-03 ]

--------------------
Just your typical modded '03 Cobra

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
If you back into your spot, it makes it easy for someone just to tow the front and take off with your car. If park normal and turn your wheels to one side, they will have a hell of time trying to tow it lol. Even with a flatbad it's not going to work out too well for them.

i always thought backing it in was the best because if they can't break into your car to undo the parking brake and put it in neutral they wouldn't be able to tow it or put it on a flat bed.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
If you back into your spot, it makes it easy for someone just to tow the front and take off with your car. If park normal and turn your wheels to one side, they will have a hell of time trying to tow it lol. Even with a flatbad it's not going to work out too well for them.

i always thought backing it in was the best because if they can't break into your car to undo the parking brake and put it in neutral they wouldn't be able to tow it or put it on a flat bed.
yes this is intersting,, anyone know about this controversy.. back in or park normal?>? [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Anyone wanna tell me why i spent 10 dollars on this catalog when it doesn't have next semesters schedule in it or anything that i need? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91PONY  Ford pictures for 91PONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Anyone wanna tell me why i spent 10 dollars on this catalog when it doesn't have next semesters schedule in it or anything that i need? [Roll Eyes]

The schedule is only available on-line now. [Embarrassed]

And I still say get a beater. Even if nobody tries to steal your car, a lot of the spots are tight and you could easily get door dinged.

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

Posts: 1477 | From: Citrus Heights, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by 91PONY:
quote:

The schedule is only available on-line now. [Embarrassed]

And I still say get a beater. Even if nobody tries to steal your car, a lot of the spots are tight and you could easily get door dinged.

i hope i can get the schedule i want. i still need to talk with my major advisor to get it in writting that i am majoring in Fire Science. It'll be easier for me to get the classes i want if i have a major set up.

[ June 23, 2006, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

adower
¯
Member # 5955

I am pretty sure it doesnt mattter if you have a letter or not and it helping you get your major. Registration depends on what priority you have. If your one of the last priority your gonna be SOL. Also when adding classes most teachers take the highest rank class members first. That is graduating seniors, seniors, junior, ...etc. Good luck with your schedule, I know mine sucked when I was lower priority registration.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
I am pretty sure it doesnt mattter if you have a letter or not and it helping you get your major. Registration depends on what priority you have. If your one of the last priority your gonna be SOL. Also when adding classes most teachers take the highest rank class members first. That is graduating seniors, seniors, junior, ...etc. Good luck with your schedule, I know mine sucked when I was lower priority registration.

I'm a junior and if you have a major set up instead of being "Undecided" you have a higher proiority. if you haven't gotten your letter proven your major your technically a "undecided"

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com