Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » WTF.. INTAKE MANIFOLD BROKE AGAIN

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: WTF.. INTAKE MANIFOLD BROKE AGAIN
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saclve  Ford pictures for saclve    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So picked up the mustang today and was driving normal and pressed the throttle and sure enough my manifold tube was either already broke or just broke.. talking about plastic heater tube on pi intake manifold. Maybe I just need to buy a new oe ford racing unit
Posts: 276 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2013  |  :
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pretty sure the PI intake manifold doesn't have plastic runner tubes. at least my 04 doesn't.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saclve  Ford pictures for saclve    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll post a pic when I get home
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its supposed to be metal and plugs in to the nipple that has 3 orings that is behind the water pump and the metal tube is bolted to the drivers side head. unless your talking about the front of the intake where the aluminum meets the "plastic".

would probably be best to replace with an actual new intake FR PI intake. are you using a dorman intake by chance?

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

saclve
¯
Member # 13280

No its ford racing this time I'm going to buy a new pi intake, the rear top of the manifold has a rubber hose that connects to slim plastic tube in an upright postion.. the plast oc tube keeps breaking off inside the hose
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you use the old design manifold? They have been changed to prevent this issue.
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

I'm speaking about the coolant nipple I believe that's what it is called.. if a new one will solve the problem then that's what I'll buy. I read about cutting off the broke plastic and threading the plastic and putting a brass fitting in there
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

Not sure if it's old or new design it's an aluminum crossover pi intake
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

Cam someone use a brass fitting and fix my intake ? If so hmu 916 4761587

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com