Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 94 mustang gt stalling and bogging out

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 94 mustang gt stalling and bogging out
turo_302
Member # 12328

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turo_302  Ford pictures for turo_302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey everyone
Im new to this whole mustang thing. i know my hondas but im still getting a little lost with my new 5.0
When the car is cold. especially in the mornings when i got to work it likes to bog out if i dont let it get to operating temp. It dosent do it soo much in the afternoon as it does in colder temps. Next thing that i noticed is that the car dosent like to hold an idle for long periods of time. it will stall but i have no issue turning it back on.then stall again after about 15-20 sec at idle.When i 1st got the car it was running excessivly rich. Pulled some codes out of it and all i got were the lean bank 1 lean bank 2. I proceeded to do a tune up and put ford racing wires msd cap and rotor n some autolite 26's. Also i adjusted the timing to factory spec (10 degrees) and the issue did calm down significantly. It still does it just not as harsh as before. Ive been searching and searching for a good place to start but cant find this issue with many similar setups like mine. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

to start it has the following mods

trick flow stage 1 cam
ford racing roller rockers (1.6)
upgraded valvetrain
cobra upper and lower intake mani.
bbk headers and x pipe
bbk cold air intake
egr has been blocked off and lines were plugged(as far as i can tell i dont have any vaccum leaks)

Posts: 5 | From: oakland california | Registered: Sep 2012  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com