Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Delete problem solved

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Delete problem solved
87 coupe
¯
Member # 10919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87 coupe  Ford pictures for 87 coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What U guys think when car is off then I turn it on I have to keep my foot on the gas pedal so car won't die out or I'll go around the block and car wants to stall so I run it for like 2 mins and i park it and idle stays firm but then idle wants to drop then go back to normal with a slight misfire Inthink injectors either went bad or cloged becouse cone inside the filter was loose I blew on the filter on both ends and blew trew easy but gas in it was super dirty so it's like it didn't have a filter So thinking that's y it missfires sometimes what u guys think Could be the problem.

Pics of how dirty it was inside the gas filter
 -

[ September 22, 2012, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: 87 coupe ]

87 coupe
¯
Member # 10919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87 coupe  Ford pictures for 87 coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone ?
eastoaklandss
¯
Member # 8011

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eastoaklandss  Ford pictures for eastoaklandss  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It could be a number of. Things check your MAF sensor and it could be the fuel pump and make shore your air filter is on tight to check the MAF first get the special cleaner for it

--------------------
1970 chevelle ls2 6spd
1989 6.0 ls2 notchback
1999 camaro ss 10.3 @130 old setup/13.7 @114 new setup lol
1986 5.0 t-bird
1991 notchback charged

Posts: 411 | From: Oakland/Hayward | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
87 coupe
¯
Member # 10919

I tried the following changed out the Maff, spark plugs,wires are new, sprayed carb cleaner for vacumes leaks, new tps censor, new air idle control valve, new temp censor, tymin, yeah sounds like a gas problem ur right might be the gas pump since I got low on fuel I'm thinkin pump or injectors are clogged car runs real good full thoutle but going real slow stutters sometimes I'm goin to take out injectors out and replace them with some other 19s see if that problem
Goes away if not change to fuel pump

dvuspny
¯
Member # 10949

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for dvuspny  Ford pictures for dvuspny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You picked up debris in the lines. Dis~connect at rear by filter. Disconnect in front at fuel rails. Use an air compressor and blow clear both the supply and return lines. It may take a few times to dis~lodge anything that maybe stuck in there.

[ September 12, 2012, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: dvuspny ]

--------------------
* -DV8- from the just the "norm." *
DVUS MOTORSPORTS ALBUM - http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/Dvus_Motorsports/

Posts: 1221 | From: ~BAY AREA~ | Registered: May 2011  |  :
87 coupe
¯
Member # 10919

Never tough of that do I need to take out injectos also and clean or change them out will that cause it to idle and missfire
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you make sure the filter is not n backwards? It has an arrow that points to flow ------>

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
87 coupe
¯
Member # 10919

Yeah u mean pointing like towards passenger side right ?
86redGT
¯
Member # 6961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86redGT  Ford pictures for 86redGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It points to flow direction, so whichever direction leads to the engine of the car is the flow direction.

--------------------
2003 Mustang Cobra
2016 Fiesta ST

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuel coming out of thatside of the fuel filter is always going to be dirty

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
87 coupe
¯
Member # 10919

I just took out fuel rails and one injector is broken at the tip were its sprays blocking the needle spray but I dnt know if that could cause it I'll post pic right now
9snake5
¯
Member # 10881

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9snake5  Ford pictures for 9snake5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have u flushed ur gas. tank???? had that problem on my coupe and my tank was really dirty

--------------------
94 svt cobra
00 expedition

87 coupe
¯
Member # 10919

My feed lines were really I mean really black with debree and I put the air trew both lines and put a new filter on left the feed line open by the fuel rail turn the key real quick turned it off and gas came out very clear now so I'm about to put the stuff back togethere and see what hapin and one injector had a cracked plastic tip so I dnt know what the problem is so I'm
Going to change all 8 injectors and see what hapins

87 coupe
¯
Member # 10919

Fuck I'm pissed I tried everything diff injectors blew the fuel lines fuel filter it has to be my fuel pump that is going out car runs great when it's runnin but when I get to a stop sometimes I wants to die out and sometimes idle is perfect
1993lx50
¯
Member # 10246

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1993lx50  Ford pictures for 1993lx50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had but a brand new bbk fuel pump in there around march
87 coupe
¯
Member # 10919

Bought a new fuel pump lets see what hapins in a little bit
87 coupe
¯
Member # 10919

Car lil better with new pump just idles at 1100 rpms then rpms drop drastically to 900 them repeats the same procedure over and over car feels real hot inside car by center console and under the hood also I'll try posting vids or sounds of the idling
dvuspny
¯
Member # 10949

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for dvuspny  Ford pictures for dvuspny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Timing and/or vacuum leaks are a great cause of these two issues you now have. Whats your fuel pressure? What is the base timing set at?

[ September 19, 2012, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: dvuspny ]

--------------------
* -DV8- from the just the "norm." *
DVUS MOTORSPORTS ALBUM - http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/Dvus_Motorsports/

Posts: 1221 | From: ~BAY AREA~ | Registered: May 2011  |  :
87 coupe
¯
Member # 10919

I conected the obd1 and couple codes poped up mass air censor,map censor,fuel pump relay,wot relay and egr valve already changed that runs a lil better

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com