Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » e 85

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: e 85
Mysnakebites
Member # 7950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mysnakebites  Ford pictures for Mysnakebites    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want to convert my 96 cobra to e85 any shops doing this?

--------------------
SVT Cobralina

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PM Sent

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
Mercury God of Speed
¯
Member # 11645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mercury God of Speed  Ford pictures for Mercury God of Speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
N/m

[ June 22, 2012, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: samsbolt390 ]

--------------------
Ford Blue Blood. 68 XR7 390 X code Cougar, 95 GTS(sold) 95 GT(Donor) 06' GT Black on Black(sold)

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by samsbolt390:
Fill it and go. Your mileage will fall off though. When I switched my 95 I didn't do anything to it ran fine. I don't see any benefit with "stock" compression, 10:1 and up will make a difference. Lots of good info on the net and don't believe the E85 "Conversion kit BS"

He may need some fuel system components like a FPR, bigger injectors, and a fuel pump. If he is doing it to a newer car it will most likely need a tune.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Fill it and go. Your mileage will fall off though. When I switched my 95 I didn't do anything to it ran fine. I don't see any benefit with "stock" compression, 10:1 and up will make a difference. Lots of good info on the net and don't believe the E85 "Conversion kit BS"

Yeah, I agree with this guy it's not like you need a silly thing like a tune or other fuel system components to get a HP benefit out of it...

yeah, just dump it in and go [Roll Eyes]

in fact, even better...you'll be paying less for gas per gallon but your fuel mileage drops as well...win win?

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Mercury God of Speed
¯
Member # 11645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mercury God of Speed  Ford pictures for Mercury God of Speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
N/m

[ June 22, 2012, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: samsbolt390 ]

--------------------
Ford Blue Blood. 68 XR7 390 X code Cougar, 95 GTS(sold) 95 GT(Donor) 06' GT Black on Black(sold)

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
He didn't give any spec to his "build" if you just wanna run E85 "dump it in and go" any engine can benefit from a "tune". Alcohol requires additional FLOW (30% more is the usual base line. in the case of my 68' bigger carb, jets, fuel lines fuel pump in your case injectors MAF etc.) in order to achieve what stock engines are built to run on and with using normal pump gas swill.Alcohol has a lower specific gravity and combustion index contributing to its higher octane rating. Again there's lots of good info on the net. Sorry for the original lack of explanation. At least I tried instead of just "quoting" and wasting space with the "what this guy said" I feel dumberer already. [Roll Eyes]

lol so you're assuming since you did it to a carburated '68 that all you need to do is put it in and go? I think a OBDII vehicle has a few more sensors and a more complex ECU then a carburated '68. Especially if you're running boost I wouldn't just "dump it in and go" that's when shit goes wrong and you're looking for a new engine. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Mercury God of Speed
¯
Member # 11645

You read and answered my first post about my 95. Here I'll fix it.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com