Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 93 Mustang with 87 Lincoln rear calipers parking brake cable question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 93 Mustang with 87 Lincoln rear calipers parking brake cable question
Liz Miles
¯
Member # 11695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liz Miles  Ford pictures for Liz Miles  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a '93 (currently 4cyl) Mustang that I just swapped in what look to be '87 Lincoln Continental brake calipers.

The parking brake cables that came on the rear end have too much space between the housing mount and the cable end at the front. The stock drum cables don't look right either (plus they got damaged in dissasembly).

Does anyone know what parking brake cables will work with this combination? Attached is a photo of the calipers. You can see the parking brake arm at the back.

-

Here is a photo of what the equalizer/housing bracket looks like:

-

Any help would be appreciated!

Posts: 10 | From: Pleasant Hill, CA | Registered: Feb 2012  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com