Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » How to install e-brake: foxbody w/ sn95 rearend

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: How to install e-brake: foxbody w/ sn95 rearend
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How do you make your e-brake functional on a foxbody with sn95 rearend and disc brakes? What would I need? Thanks [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
northcar makes sum and fms makes sum. i made a braket that copies the 93 cobra one. that alows the 94 and up ebrakes to work on a fox. but its got to be positioned just right
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
northcar makes sum and fms makes sum. i made a braket that copies the 93 cobra one. that alows the 94 and up ebrakes to work on a fox. but its got to be positioned just right

Do you have to modify the e-brake handle at all?

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:

Do you have to modify the e-brake handle at all?

--------------------

straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for straightliner1  Ford pictures for straightliner1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ian, it's recommended - yes

Basically you remove the auto-adjusting mechanism from the handle, welding it into a fixed position.

Check these 2 threads out:

http://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion/580985-e-brake-question.html

http://forums.corral.net/forums/general-mustang-tech/1000235-foxbody-sn95-emergency-brake-handle-mystery-solved.html

Hit me up if you have more questions, I'm a regular at this. [Smile]

Posts: 484 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by straightliner1:
Ian, it's recommended - yes

Basically you remove the auto-adjusting mechanism from the handle, welding it into a fixed position.

Check these 2 threads out:

http://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-general-discussion/580985-e-brake-question.html

http://forums.corral.net/forums/general-mustang-tech/1000235-foxbody-sn95-emergency-brake-handle-mystery-solved.html

Hit me up if you have more questions, I'm a regular at this. [Smile]

what happens if the handle is not modified? Does the e-brake still work?

--------------------

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my 89 and 91 only required the fms brake cables for the ebrake to work nice and firm.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
my 89 and 91 only required the fms brake cables for the ebrake to work nice and firm.

are there particular FMS cables? I'm completely new to the foxbody world [Frown]

--------------------

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah, lots of info here -

http://home.comcast.net/~mjbobbitt/mustang/page9.html

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

So i have a 93...I guess I'd need 3 of these: 93 cobra cables F3ZZ-2A635-A [Confused]

--------------------

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

no, just 2 I imagine. one for each wheel

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VENOMUS PONY 5.0  Ford pictures for VENOMUS PONY 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
U need this Peice Ian you can buy it from summit for 30 bucks  -

--------------------
If You Want More Inches - Stroke It!!!
Mystery stang in the works..

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by VENOMUS PONY 5.0:

what is that lol?

--------------------

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
Originally posted by VENOMUS PONY 5.0:

what is that lol?
thats the center 2810-a fms cable used on the <93 cars, according to that article I linked your 93 doesnt need it.

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ok, so it looks like I'll need to order the two 93 cobra cables. Now what about brackets on the calipers? Do I need anything for that? I'm not sure if my car has them on there already or not. [Confused]

--------------------

norcalstangman
¯
Member # 8387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalstangman  Ford pictures for norcalstangman  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You will need the center equalizer for to hand brake adjustment. At ther ebrake handle the spring thats attached to the handle must be removed(ill send you a pic cuz i dont know how to post here) And for the caliper side there is no braket the ebrake cable attachs to something like a lever that's built on the caliper as one unit. It has a coil spring attached to it. Next time you are at the shop take a look at my car go give you an idea.
Posts: 444 | From: san mateo, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
norcalstangman
¯
Member # 8387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalstangman  Ford pictures for norcalstangman  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ March 20, 2012, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: norcalstangman ]

Posts: 444 | From: san mateo, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
call northrace car brakets or whatever that place called. 2 simple e brakes go right in, no modifications. they go right in. the braket that u got to weld ive done and works with 95 e brake cables but u need those cable, buy or make that bracket then weld under your tunnel an prepre your center console an carpet to catch on fire so u gotta strip it all out, and pay some body to weld or your self,if your broke an got shop skills, then thats the way, the cables from north race cars are cheap an go right in.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Just got off the phone with north car race (or whatever they're called) and the guy said all I need are the two e-brake cables. He said the third cable that runs down the center isn't necessary. He also said that modifying the handle is not necessary either! I guess I'll order the two cables first and see what the results are.

Thanks for the help everyone!

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com