Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » EXAUST WITH PANHARD BAR???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: EXAUST WITH PANHARD BAR???
8lbCoupe
¯
Member # 11416

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8lbCoupe  Ford pictures for 8lbCoupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Commonly I see cars that have a panhard bar/torque arm running turndowns is it possible to run tailpipes out the back if so do they jus go on normally or is somethin else needed??

--------------------
"HEAVY DOSAGE"

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sum of those panhard kits wont except rear exaust at all, and those that say they do, are still extremlly tight to fit.
JON_SVT
¯
Member # 9621

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JON_SVT  Ford pictures for JON_SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a MM panhard bar with 2.5 tailpipes. Its a very tight fit! I had to put on the tailpipes first then everything else on [patriot]
8lbCoupe
¯
Member # 11416

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8lbCoupe  Ford pictures for 8lbCoupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 65coupe87notch:
I have a MM panhard bar with 2.5 tailpipes. Its a very tight fit! I had to put on the tailpipes first then everything else on [patriot]

Did the type of muffler effect anything and did u have to modify anything mine is also a mm panhard bar

--------------------
"HEAVY DOSAGE"

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
with the mm panhard bar flowmaster catback and I think dynomax fit they run the closet to stock pipes from what I've read. That's what mm claims

I will be getting mmph soon so been looking at those issues too. you can get others to work but cutting and welding is required.

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

ratfast
¯
Member # 8720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ratfast  Ford pictures for ratfast    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I run the MM pan hard with flow master 2.5" tailpipes. We cut the tailpipes into two pieces to install them. I originally ordered the dynomax tailpipes because they supposedly fit better, but Jegs screwed up the order and I settled for the flow masters.

--------------------
'93 White notch all stock

Posts: 604 | From: roseville, california | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a Flowmaster catback with Griggs ta/pb. No issues

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

RAP66
¯
Member # 3360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RAP66  Ford pictures for RAP66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have magnaflows & MM PHB and the fit absolutely sux. So bad in fact that I melted the fuel line going to the tank.

The DS fits okay, the PS didnt fit. I have to add about a 2-3in extension at the top going over the axle, then I had to clock the pipe going behind the PHB and fuel tank. Even after that the fit was still tight I used the trusty BFM to massage the pipe a little bit more.

--------------------
91GT Kurgan Tuned:12lbs of boost 492.4 rwhp / 483.1 rwtq
http://killcarb.org/

www.fordstrokers.com

Posts: 893 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
8lbCoupe
¯
Member # 11416

Damn that al sounds like alotta stress I might jus run wit the turndowns

--------------------
"HEAVY DOSAGE"

JON_SVT
¯
Member # 9621

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JON_SVT  Ford pictures for JON_SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im running the latemodelrestoration 2.5 stainless steel tailpipes. Im running spintech prostreet mufflers. Tailpipes have to be put on before the panhard bar, theres no way youll get the tailpipes in. [patriot]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com